DAS Griesverb favor

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

the19thbear

DAS Griesverb favor

Post by the19thbear »

Could someone do me a favor and maybe do an impulse response of each feedback loop? (It has 3) That way the thing could be re-invented in another daw. The plugin is free anyway, and I'm on Mac, so there is no way i can get the sound of the griesverb anymore, and i really miss it.
Anyone out there with a spare hour or so on their hands? I'll buy you a cup of tea, or even transfer you a little "thank you" fee.
petal

Re: DAS Griesverb favor

Post by petal »

I'm afraid the DAS Griesverb is not a free plugin - I just tried it, no dice.

I'm sorry I can not help you - I think you'll just have to bite the bullit, buy a pc and get into Scope again ;)
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

I'd do it for you but I'm right in the middle of a complete workover on my studio. (new computer and OS upgrade etc.) If no one jumps in I will but it may be a week or more before I can get to it.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

Thanks! Thinking it over again I realize it isn't a freeware reverb:( it comes with a reverb bundle for free.
Do you have it?
And I'm thinking about the same thing with the free daw tae plugin digital analog sound. This would have to be a a clone thing though. Anyone up for that?
petal

Post by petal »

the19thbear wrote: I realize it isn't a freeware reverb:( it comes with a reverb bundle for free.
Interesting way of thinking about it ;)
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

Yeah it's sad (and it is actually free. When your buy the bundle. You get the reverb for free. That's how they advertised it. . I have contacted DAS about 3-4 times the last couple of years to get some info about the griesverb and/or digital analog sound (which is a complete freebie)but they ever replied.

It just seems kind of stupid to get an old 4 DSP card. Buy a reverb bundle and throw out the card again.
If anyone is up for running a simple noise source through the digital analog sound plugin at 30 ips at about 6 different bias settings, and record the output and mail it to me, please let me know!:)
garyb

Post by garyb »

yeah, why reward someone for their work when you can use it for free?
nice people are in the world. then again, i understand. they think the world is only for them, but in reality, it's really all for ME.

way to rationalize the theft! the problem is that even though it's "free" in the bundle, the bundle costs actual money, which makes it not free...
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

It is true that the griesverb ia not free. I just rememberred it as such because of the advertising. So yes. That wouldn't be the most ethical thing to do I agree.

In the end I am talking about the free digital analog sound plugin though. I personally have no problem taking "snapshots" of a free plugin and using these snapshots on another platform.
Last edited by the19thbear on Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
garyb

Post by garyb »

in the end, you're talking about someone's work.

i understand your point of view, i just think it's a selfish rationalization.
i also understand that it's part of the "new normal" in society, so a little sarcasm is the extent of my actions in this regard. if Eric or Olive complain about it, then i would be more proactive...
hubird

Post by hubird »

Hmm...that would bring the Polteq in memory :wink:
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

"part of the "new normal" in society"

You don't have to be afraid of any new normal. Taking snapshots of a device is not replicating the device.
The real device has still an infinite amount of applications. A convolution snapshot is a nice way to use the footprint of a device. The device looses none of its value.

For an example when dawman posts a thread about a tc powercore product
a.: i feel happy that he found a multi - effect device that he like's
b. I feel happy that i own scope and i need no other product to create my professional sound

( i haven't uploaded my pitch shift device for free because i can't provide it for free)

Scope just rules... Anyone who has the knowledge scope is the ultimate platform. Dedication in scope is not dedication in scope. Is dedication in sound design and sound production.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I agree with fra77... What the bear tries to do is not stealing any device for me. He just tries to find back some snapshot of it. Otherwise, Peter's P_Stereo Processor has been stealed by him to UAD , himself says "Clone of the K-Stereo", if you try to reproduce a nice Solaris sound by asking its settings to a friend who owns it on another synth, you commit a theft, etc...

Digital world allow anyone to take loops from an artist or impulse response from a plugin. The world has changed and digital technology allows this, it's the way it is. Anyone doesn't put the limit between theft and no theft at the same place as another one.

I don't understand, for instance, why someone who makes a nice collage picture, full of other painting samples, will be applaused by all, and nobody will say like for a musical piece which uses sounds samples taked on some famous artist track, it is a purse-taking, a theft. Objectively, where is the difference ?

Humm.. I'm not sure it was the subject but I very often agree with garyb, but not for that time.... 8)
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

People are entitled to have opinions about it, but for me its not in any wat being dishonest or going into a grey area in any way. As mentioned before, the real unit is FREE, and has infinite settings. Im asking for maybe 5-6 settings of a single knob.
So if anyone with half an hour, is feeling the same way as me, i would be SO greatful for a waves Q clone or Impulse response etc (can it be done with an impulse response? or is that only for reverb? seems to me it should work though).
I might even send you a little thank you fee, but PM if you have the time:)

Thanks