How to set up MIDI for a stand-alone app in Scope env?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

DevonB

How to set up MIDI for a stand-alone app in Scope env?

Post by DevonB »

Hey everyone,

Just built a new "old" computer to put my 6 DSP Pulsar II into after not touching it for years. It's a Intel Core 2 Duo 3 ghz with 4 gigs of ram, so I figured I'd use it as a sampler machine as well, or at least try to! I set up Linux Sampler in stand alone mode and it makes sounds, but when I try to set up MIDI, I only get MME as the only option for MIDI ports. When I play on my keyboard, it doesn't trigger anything. If I click on the keys on the keyboard in Linux Sampler, it makes noise just fine. So audio is set up right on it. I can also play any of the Pulsar II synths (MiniMAX, Modular II, etc) without and issue, so my external environment is set up right for audio and MIDI. I just don't know what modules I need to cable to get Linux Sampler to recognize MIDI A In as an input? What am I supposed to cable what to what to make it work? Suggestions please?

Devon
fra77x

Re: How to set up MIDI for a stand-alone app in Scope env?

Post by fra77x »

add from hardware IO modules the pulsar midi A input into the project window. Add from software IO the "sequencer midi source" and "sequencer midi dest" modules. Connect "pulsar midi A source" to "Sequencer midi dest"
DevonB

Re: How to set up MIDI for a stand-alone app in Scope env?

Post by DevonB »

I had Pulsar MIDI A connected to Sequencer MIDI Dest, but I did not have Sequencer MIDI Source in the project. Is that critical to making it work? I'll make sure to add that as well. Still not working so far (haven't tried adding the Source yet though) so it might be just be Linux Sampler/Fantasia front end. I'll try another stand alone plugin to see if that will work with that configuration as well as adding Source.

Thank you for the help!

Devon