Controller for Prophet 5

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Marco

Re: Controller for Prophet 5

Post by Marco »

Yeah feel the music, touch it, turn it on, thats what turns me on. Im using noviation zero sl mk II and a maudio pro 88
summary 24+16 =40knobs to turn
And 9+9 =18sliders to push and pull
and
24+22 =46 buttons to press

enough possible ways to assign, for me the only real way to make.the scope ,synthesizer touch and feel like real synth hardware.
If you work day by day you optimize your assignments, and I keep them i my mind.....geht einem in Fleisch und Blut über!
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Marco

Post by Marco »

Shit cant load Controller preset file, after loading, my soundspresets are not working? Is this a bug? Some Controllers will not be saved in the file. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Scope 5.1, 64bit, 3xpci 15dsp,z87-c, win7

help needed :wink:
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
garyb

Post by garyb »

make a midi preset for the device.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Midi Controller assignments for eg bluesynth Resonanz goes in my midipreset lost, others like cutoff works good

is this a bug, im sad, no controlling possible?
Marco

Post by Marco »

I set Resonanz again, knob works, saving as preset, recall preset, Resonanz get lost again!
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote:make a midi preset for the device.
Hi Gary !

I never got "MIDI preset for a device" working 100% for me.
It can be there is some kind of user error involved, but maybe it´s not.
Can be, some users need a step-by step instruction how to make a working MIDI preset for a given device and then save and recall successfully.
SCOPE 5.1 /32Bit on WinXP here, 2 machines, XITE-1 and PCI card.
I get all controllers assigned I want and it works as long SCOPE is up and running,- but once it´s closed and been launched the other day, most settings are gone in a more or less random behaviour.

I´d wish we´d have a video or .gif demonstrating the making-of and store/recall a MIDI preset in SCOPE 5.1 w/ a given device.
Some kind of these lice-cap instructions we see in Reaper forum would help a lot.

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
Marco

Post by Marco »

I think this is a big bug in scope, doesnt save the setting correct :-?
This impotrant function is making it impossible to touch scope synth ever.
I cant repair this. :cry:
But when you saved the Controller settings a a preset, and the midibank on the HD, then saving your project, the Controller will work after reloading a project.

but reloading only the synth and then Controller settings, you must fix that shit again and save it in your Projekt.
A lot of unnessecary work, because of that bug.

but a possible way.
garyb

Post by garyb »

i'm not sure what problem you all are seeing.

yes, wouldn't it be nice if there was someone who had all day to make movies?

in the preset menu, open the midi menu and store a preset. save the changes. when the project is opened, recall the midi preset you made. this has worked for me in the past. i can probably spend some time to poke around this in the next day or two, but it's just like any other preset, you just need to be sure it's saved to midi presets and not to a regular preset. it's possible that there are specific devices that don't utilize a preset properly, but i know the stm2448 has always worked properly.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

i confirm that for bluesynth on scope 5.1.

Tried to fix it on sdk, but all settings are ok, so annabella, if you tell me the cc numbers you need to assign, it can be done with sdk so that when you'll open the device it will be already mapped as you need.
This is different from saving the device preset, it will have a static cc assignment by default.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote:
yes, wouldn't it be nice if there was someone who had all day to make movies
What´s so complex loading down licecap http://www.cockos.com/licecap/ and install, then open SCOPE, load a device and make a MIDI preset, save the preset, save the project, reload project, recall that MIDI preset and show it works the same as before ?
Licecap is animated screen capture and the result can be watched here or elsewhere,- @Scoperise p.ex. too.

When done, we users would be able to repeat that action and using different devices then showing which doesn´t work as expected.
As long as we aren´t sure there´s no user error in the ballpark we cannot say it´s a bug, isn´t it ?

Because it works w/ STM XYZ that doesn´t mean it really works reliable w/ everything in SCOPE.

Some time ago we were talking about a total recall of MIDI controller adjustments being stored w/ the project and for all devices in that project,- and when recalling that project again,- all is back as it was.
I hope we´ll get this w/ SCOPE 6 !

Making dedicated MIDI presets for different devices, store and recall individually, is a workaround anyway and if the workaround itself is also buggy,- that´s really bad.

I really want to find out and not thinking I´m an idiot,- but when I am,- well,- I have to learn to make MIDI presets the right way.

thx

Bud
Marco

Post by Marco »

we all are the betatesters, and when we find a bug, we must fix it ourself with the sdk.
I dont have sdk, to complicated, im a musican not a programmer. :-?
dante

Post by dante »

Bud Weiser wrote:
garyb wrote:
yes, wouldn't it be nice if there was someone who had all day to make movies
What´s so complex loading down licecap http://www.cockos.com/licecap/ and install, then open SCOPE, load a device and make a MIDI preset, save the preset, save the project, reload project, recall that MIDI preset and show it works the same as before ?
Licecap is animated screen capture and the result can be watched here or elsewhere,- @Scoperise p.ex. too.
Yes, Licecap is used all the time in ScopeRise. Like others I dont have all day to make movies, but a LiceCap animation is the single best device Ive found to show something about Scope so IT IS worth doing occassionally especially if a need like this arises.

Now, I will try this out when I have some studio time next, and make a licecap.

Meanwhile, it would be great if others could also do this - Im sure ready to publish all usefull licecap tips in ScopeRise and we could get a great collection if more people do it.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

anabella wrote:we all are the betatesters, and when we find a bug, we must fix it ourself with the sdk.
I dont have sdk, to complicated, im a musican not a programmer. :-?
with sdk the bluesynth can be mapped by default to your cc setup, so if you write down here a list of cc, we can upload a bluesynth mapped to your controller.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote:
Now, I will try this out when I have some studio time next, and make a licecap.
Thank you,- it would be excellent to have a tutorial "how to make a MIDI preset for a SCOPE device and save/recall" permanently available @Scoperise.

It could be an example for a synth like Minimax, Profit or Protone and using a few parameters only,- if one of these devices works perfect and reliable w/ MIDI CCs for sure.
It makes sense minimizing time investment,- so not every parameter neccessary for a demo.
A mixer obviously wants much more controller numbers to be assigned.

Once we´d have 1 example guaranteed to work, we can double check for more devices and different parameters ourselves.
In my case, it all depends on which hardware controllers will be in the ballpark next future.
I have a JL Cooper Fadermaster Pro which needs new tactile switches 1st, as well as the Kurzweil PC3 and hopefully soon a Behringer BCR2000.
So, I see Fadermaster for mixer faders and mutes, Kurzweil zones in different setups for SCOPE big synths and BCR2000 for modular and Sonic Projects OPX on V-Machine.
I think about integration of my old Roland R-8 drummachine as a MIDI PAD controller (4x16 pads w/ individual MIDI note numbers on different MIDI channels) for p.ex. Roy´s MIDI switch FX but also triggering samples.

That´s lots of work w/ the external hardware alone.

happy new year

Bud
Marco

Post by Marco »

THX for this offer. If we had a Video , we could do it ourselfs! This helps really!!! THX :D :D :D THX

BTW Roland R 8, I remember, was MY machine! So long time ago, I had NO computer, just editing at the r8!

Mybe i find my sdk keys......
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

no need for video, very simple task.

Open the device in scope sdk, assign controls as usual, then right click on the device and save as new device.
Marco

Post by Marco »

:D so lets go, but first I must look at the sdk software, and my key......? :roll:
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

would that also apply to changing the default preset when you open a synth?
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

Yes
dubcotics

Post by dubcotics »

I use the Ipad and MidiDesigner via MidiConnect , I can control just about anything controllable on Scope. You can check out MidiDesigner on youtube or download their free lite version if you have the Ipad,