Pulsar 1 -Pulsar 2..SCOPE Version 5.0 to 5.1.Help Wanted!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

alexproskurin

Pulsar 1 -Pulsar 2..SCOPE Version 5.0 to 5.1.Help Wanted!

Post by alexproskurin »

Greetings Gentlemen.Need help badly!!!!
Here's the deal. I have upgraded my PC to more ram and faster solid state drive and running XP Service pack 2.
I have a Pulsar 1 card installed- 3.1, of which I have the original disk and it ran beautifully.I then purchased and installed a Pulsar 2 and ran the 5.0 software..pressed a few buttons..followed directions (which I believe was not followed correctly) it asked me for and activation code which I did not have but I had a keyfile...put that in and it looked like the Pulsar 2 card was working (cards are STDM cabled).
I was happy with that for a couple of weeks then in my greed I upgraded to a 5.1 version and the whole thing came unstuck!! Ahhh!! "Hardware could not be set up properly."
"Could not gain access to the Scope hardware."
I then tried swapping slots and uninstalling and finally just left the Pulsar 1 card with the original software and I'am back to step 1 again!
My question is - Is there a correct order to install these 2 cards with its given software? Am I leaving old Scope Drivers or software after uninstalling and reinstalling which is affecting the Cards???? Do I need an activation code from Sonic Core to install the 5.0 software? Did the 5.1 software (32 bit) affect the system!
Tearing my hair out here!!!!
Many thanks to this Great Site. AL
fokas

Re: Pulsar 1 -Pulsar 2..SCOPE Version 5.0 to 5.1.Help Wanted

Post by fokas »

I guess that ,even though I went from XP 4.5 to WIN7 64bit 5.1 directly , 5.0 is all you need for 32bit systems .
I think you will get a better answer soon from some of the other guys but if Im not mistaken
5.1 is not for Windows XP

Regards to all
Danny
fokas

Post by fokas »

Well no Scratch that ,my bad, the official site says XP compatible ....
for 5.1
garyb

Post by garyb »

if you don't already have v5 keys, they are not available. v5.1 keys are available, but they are not free. if you want, you can attach a copy of your keyfile to a pm, and i'll look at it to tell you what you have...
alexproskurin

Post by alexproskurin »

Thank you so much for your help.Ill attach the Keyfile supposedly for 5.0 version.
I managed to install the 4 DSP and the 6 DSP cards using only the original software 3.1 and I am terrified to try and load the 5.0 version until I get further Information.
Cheers AL
garyb

Post by garyb »

sure, don't be terrified. :)
garyb

Post by garyb »

that keyfile you sent me has NO software keys. it does have several nice plugin keys.
it looks like the owner of the card fooled you. he sent the portion of his keyfile that related to your card and probably had a v5 or v5.1 key for his other card(s), but not that card. you would need to purchase the upgrade if this is true.

the PCI cards were made by Creamware, not Sonic|Core. up to v4.5 was made by Creamware as well. v5(5.1) was made by S|C, so that users could operate in windows 7.
alexproskurin

Post by alexproskurin »

Thank you for your quick and kind reply.
No wonder I was going insane!!!!
Well I can now download 4.5 version and sonic core said that they will send me a keyfile .
Cheers AL ..Great site!!! Ill donate!!!!
garyb

Post by garyb »

sure. it will be difficult to remove the v5 driver. windows always wants to keep the latest driver over older ones. you will have to manually choose the older Creamware driver, or manually remove all Sonic|Core references from the registry.
alexproskurin

Post by alexproskurin »

I had that problem when installing and reinstalling.
Where exactly should I be looking for these Drivers?
Also can I use the so called keyfile to install these plugins and how?
Cheers AL
garyb

Post by garyb »

a keyfile authorizes software and plugins. you import that when the registration window opens.

if you are not computer savvy enough to know where to look, i'm loathe to spend 20 minutes explaining something that can make even more problems. drivers are usually in windows\system 32\drivers. basically, you need to find the card(s) in the device manager, right click, choose "update driver". "not this time". "install from a list or specific location". "don't search, i will choose the driver to install". if you see "Creamware DSP Board", select that and choose "next", follow the prompts to complete the task. if Creamware DSP Board" is not there, click on "have disk". use the "browse" function to navigate to the v4 install files in "drivers\win2k". continue through the prompts to complete the driver install.

i hope this hint works for you...
alexproskurin

Post by alexproskurin »

Fantastic!! I can do that.I Thought there was a method.
Thank you once again.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote:that keyfile you sent me has NO software keys. it does have several nice plugin keys.
it looks like the owner of the card fooled you. he sent the portion of his keyfile that related to your card and probably had a v5 or v5.1 key for his other card(s), but not that card. you would need to purchase the upgrade if this is true.

the PCI cards were made by Creamware, not Sonic|Core. up to v4.5 was made by Creamware as well. v5(5.1) was made by S|C, so that users could operate in windows 7.

Hi Gary,-

Just a question:

In addition to XITE-1/SCOPE 5.1,- I own my Creamware 15DSP Classic PCI card w/ SCOPE 4.0 keys and I´ll keep it ´til it dies.
I have a SCOPE 4.5 installer here.
Does it work with SCOPE 4.0 keys or are SCOPE 4.5 keys essential ?
If yes,- are these free or on charge ?

And,- are there significant advantages in SCOPE v4.5 over SCOPE v4.0 ?

The background is, I already set up my 2nd rackmount machine to use it together w/ XITE-1 and SCOPE 5.1 on a different machine, both synced via physical MIDI and ADAT.
For the time being, I want to run devices not working properly on XITE-1 on the 15DSP,- p.ex. using STS-4000 sampler(s) on the second machine, replacing my hardware AKAI samplers.

best

Bud
garyb

Post by garyb »

v4 and v4.5 are the same. yes, v4 keys will work. the only difference in v4 and v4.5 was the package of plugins included. if you have v4 keys, then only the plugins that you have keys for will work, so it doesn't matter either way.

you shouldn't have problems, Bud.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote:v4 and v4.5 are the same. yes, v4 keys will work. the only difference in v4 and v4.5 was the package of plugins included. if you have v4 keys, then only the plugins that you have keys for will work, so it doesn't matter either way.

you shouldn't have problems, Bud.
Hi Gary, thank you,- that´s good news !

best

Bud