VCA plugin

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Chisel

VCA plugin

Post by Chisel »

The more I play with my new MFB Kraftzwerg synth, the more I realize that I need additional EG/VCAs. It has three oscillators, but I can only use them for stacking since it only has one VCA. If I had a few more VCAs, I could create separate MIDI sequences in Live and send them to the Kraftzwerg on each oscillator (either as MIDI or as CV using Expert Sleepers Silent Way). So is there a software plugin in Scope or otherwise that simulates an EG/VCA? Right now, I can route the audio of an oscillator into Live and it plays constantly. I just need a way to shape that sound using my MIDI input as a gate. Maybe the Scope Modular has such a thing. I haven't done anything with audio input in Modular before. Thanks!

Peace \/
chisel316
garyb

Re: VCA plugin

Post by garyb »

now you have a reason to get into modular.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Sure, quite easy to achieve with Scope Modular.

The drawback being, once you taste modular stuff and get into it, it is hard to come back to some more fixed architecture solutions.

Thinking about it, it is just similar to Scope versus any other solution actually ... :)
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

If you only want a midi triggered EG/VCA for an incoming audio source its very easy to achieve.
EG_VCA.jpg
EG_VCA.jpg (59.53 KiB) Viewed 1889 times
You can ofcourse do a lot more between input and output, but this is the basic.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Chisel

Post by Chisel »

Thanks!! It works great! I've been reading the posts here regarding using Silent Way with the Scope Modular. I can't wait to see what type of hybrid modular I can make between the software and hardware. This is really fantastic!

Peace \/
chisel316
Chisel

Post by Chisel »

I've had the weekend to play around with Modular III + Kraftzwerg and I'm quite amazed. I didn't realize that most of the Modular III signals are sent as audio so there really is no need for Silent Way. I can send the frequency output of a Modular III pitch sequencer into the CV input of one of the Kraftzwerg oscillators and it plays the correct pitches of the sequence! What I still haven't figured out yet is how to ping the Kraftzwerg's EG, so I don't have to have the VCA open all the time to hear the sequence. I tried sending the gate output of the sequencer to the Kraftzwerg's EG, but it doesn't sound quite right.

Peace \/
chisel316