Modular LFOs work to analog output!!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Shayne White

Modular LFOs work to analog output!!

Post by Shayne White »

I just discovered something AWESOME -- the LFOs from Modular III can be passed through straight to the audio outputs of Scope (I'm using A16U for D/A). I'm using it to control my Synthesizers.com analog modular synth -- and it works amazingly well. It also allows me to use mod wheel and aftertouch modulation which is not possible on the modular synth itself. I had no idea in the past that this would work because the A16U manual said the frequency response of the D/A converters is 20hz-20khz, but I decided to try it on a whim and it worked!! Thank you CreamWare/Sonic|Core!

The only downside is that the A16 seems to have built-in DC offset compensation, so I can't use Scope as a full-on automation programmer because as soon as the signal stops changing value, the signal returns to neutral. Envelopes didn't seem to work too well either. But the LFOs are working great. I don't think this would have been possible with any VST synth.

There's always some reason why I need to keep my 10-year-old CreamWare hardware! :)

Shayne
dawman

Re: Modular LFOs work to analog output!!

Post by dawman »

www.expersleepers.com

Silentway Suite is also a nice way to use Modular.
I can do Filter Sweeps on external Hardware Analog via the MIDI Destination Module.
Silentway Suite works, as well as LFO2MIDI patches.

Congrats on the hardware analog. It's a natural order of things.
dante

Re: Modular LFOs work to analog output!!

Post by dante »