Please spread the word!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

sunmachine

Please spread the word!

Post by sunmachine »

I'm always astonished (shocked?) when I realize how many people don't know about SCOPE, yet!
So please help to change this and spread the word and the love about this fantastic platform!
Remember Holger's words that we are part of the entire!

Here are some examples:

1. Comment on YouTube videos/blog articles/forum posts about the UA Apollo. Let people know that there's also XITE!
2. Post into forums
3. Add SCOPE to your sig in other forums
4. Write to bloggers/magazines and ask to report about (Open) SCOPE/XITE
5. Write articles about SCOPE and publish them
6. Put videos on YouTube
7. Like the Sonic Core facebook page and share it
8. Share ehasting's new free plug-in site: http://www.psy-works.net
9. Share dante's SCOPE Rise site: http://www.hitfoundry.com/
10. Make sound samples of SCOPE devices and share them
11. Write a No1 hit and let the people know that it was done with SCOPE! :)
12. Write to DAW and plug-in developers and ask them to support OPEN SCOPE

Feel free to post more suggestions what we can do!
Would also be nice to hear if you have done anything of the above. :)

Spread the love and let SCOPE rise!
Last edited by sunmachine on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
dante

Re: Please spread the word!

Post by dante »

Good ideas, regards No 11. about writing a hit song and letting people know it was done with Scope : I always mention Scope as a keyword when posting to SoundCloud, and with Music Videos I put the name 'Sonic Core' in the title first up.

But not just Sonic Core, I will always mention plugin products as well like DAS and Zarg.

The developers deserve a plug as well, and it lets people know that Scope is bigger than just Sonic Core, with 3rd parties on board as well to choose from.

Another idea I had was to make Gig stickers to put on any case that goes out live, on a label printer.
ehasting

Post by ehasting »

Great stuff! I saw in one of your youtube clip, that you where using the lemur for controlling the scope mixer. Do you have any template for that.. (for the STM and the lemur template?) Are you intressted in sharing?
Higen
http://www.scopeportal.com - Community Sonic Core SCOPE Plugins and Devices
http://www.higen.org
Llir

Post by Llir »

Feel free to post more suggestions what we can do!
First, you can return scope users 25 Euro for delivery charge we were forced to pay in SC shop. Then I will see that you REALLY care about us. I have no respond from support.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

I've also been posting on Gearslutz and even KVR for years - I always mention Scope, and have Sonic Core byline in my forum signatures.

I've been preparing to write an article on Scope for a couple industry publications, but am waiting on the go-ahead.
There may be more of an opening now that UA and Avid are continuing with their DSP developments.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
timothyday

Post by timothyday »

My humble addition to the SCOPE YouTube canon.

http://youtu.be/zpixCj4mPwI

@timothyday_musicandsound
dawman

Post by dawman »

Please avoid the live performers forums like Keyboard Corner, etc.

I do not want anyone to sound as good as I do, as far as GearSlutz and other posing emporiums, by all means.
I even go there and stir up trouble with the cackling hens at times.
Making fun of virtual gear, when you actually also use virtual gear is an art form.

I constantly say fake synths and great pictures, etc. of various canyons for reverbs, etc.
And nobody ever busts me about using virtual synths......??...... :lol:
They are so pissed off and distracted they miss the point that I am just stirring up some action, and use virtual gear myself.

Fun Places, for sure....
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Probably also good not to waste TOO much time on forums such as KVR, since half the posers over there are using free, cheap, or cracked software - none of which is viable argument against using Scope platform.

It comes down to educating people and break through the ignorance.

G
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Please avoid the live performers forums like Keyboard Corner, etc.
Why ?
I´m one of these,- one using SCOPE ...
XITE-1/4LIVE wrote: I do not want anyone to sound as good as I do
You´re not the only one sounding good, I fear,- looking at my collection of hardware synths, modules, my Scope machine AND my DAW running the VST "fake synth pictures" inside Presonus Studio One v2 Pro and Reaper,- as well as Propellerhead Reason 6. :D
XITE-1/4LIVE wrote: They are so pissed off and distracted they miss the point that I am just stirring up some action, and use virtual gear myself.

Fun Places, for sure....
Well, you´re somewhat right.
Over @KC, most members are hardware fans and there are lots of these being interested in 2 keyboard rigs, covering bread & butter stuff like Piano, Electric Piano and Organ only.
I think, it´s because they´re weekend warriors gigging in blues and rock bands occasionally and there are a bunch of babblers you find in all the forums anyway.
But you´ll also find some really skilled guys over there,- great players, great composers and arrangers,- and some of these are good programmers & engineers too, being in the minority though, as always.

I don´t think we should avoid these guys because there are a few who already buyed a Solaris, use Scope plugins on a Pluggiator or own ASB boxes or old Creamware cards,- so these might be interested in the future of Sonc Core too and once they´re able to afford a Xite D, Xite-1, Ferrofish and upcoming products,- even it´s a fact, most customers in the world just only want to go the cheapest way.

I also think it´s good you are present over @KC as I also appreciate John Bowen appeared there in the "Solaris is arrived" thread.
It wil be a bit long run until the masses of users will learn the difference between natively running plugins and devices runing on DSP systems.
Sometimes I have the impression, if they hear the words "virtual instrument" and "virtual FX", is all the same to ´em regardless it´s native or DSP based stuff.

Bud
dawman

Post by dawman »

Totally agreee, I was just being my usual asshole self.
I know some of the guys from Vegas there, most were performers that got burnt out and became engineers and do well in commercial advertising, etc.
I haven't been burned out yet, but getting closer by the day as this Classic Rock thing was fun the first few years, but having people yelling Freebird at you was something I forgot about back in the early 80's....... :lol:

Everytime I decide Im going to just write and compose for fun, and gig on the weekends doing the ( yawn,yawn ) Rhodes, B3, 200A gigs, some oppurtunity comes up and the money makes me pole dance another 6 months.

FWIW I envy the weekend guys, but I won;t be doing Blues, as it would cause me to chug jagermeisters and slit my wrists, or even do drugs again. I am so straight now from 6 nights a week, I have to lay down to take a shit.
Have to find musicians who don't rely on the income for survival too. That's a tough one there, as the new crop of young guys were like me, more gear more money, more nights, don;t have them, this guy over here will provide them...
I prefer Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock electro Funk/Jazz stuff.

Over at KC I don't see many guys wanting to invest in quality virtual gear. They are hardware warrioirs and for good reason, but it just shows you they don;t gig very much or they would hate lugging that gear around everynight.
But when you hit your 50's Scope makes more sense than ever.
A good laptop, rackmounted analog and a Solaris with a Chinese piece of shit disposable controller, and you're good to go everynight.......

See ya there.
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

XITE + A16 WITH LAPTOP AT WORK
WP_000354.jpg
WP_000354.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 2943 times
WP_000360.jpg
WP_000360.jpg (937.23 KiB) Viewed 2943 times
WP_000356.jpg
WP_000356.jpg (742.21 KiB) Viewed 2943 times
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

What are those preamps on the left side? They look amazing!?!!
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

THEY ARE MY SELF MADE MIC PREAMPS FROM TWO ENGLISH OLD (50'S) HIFI PREAMPS;
I modded little few things inside, added some very good "vintage" mic transformers (1 melodium - 1/ 30 stepup, and one seinheiser - 1/15 stepup)

one is from PYE CAMBRIDGE AUDIO
the other one is from LEAK

they sound absolutely fabulous ... they are for sale ;-)

cheerz
olive
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

Coolness!! I am building a 2 channel mic Pre/di/line amp myself (the Gyraf g9) and sadly. Any afford to buy anything:) but they look great! Good job:)
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

cool,
gyraf G9 is a pretty good scheme,

the feedback controlled gain philisophy is really original ,

on the preamps above, the feedback is used for equalizing, really original circuit and cool eq stack sound

good luck for your build,

cheerz
olive
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote: I prefer Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock electro Funk/Jazz stuff.
Same boat here,- and don´t forget Joe Zawinul as also Brian Auger on the organ ...
XITE-1/4LIVE wrote: it just shows you they don;t gig very much or they would hate lugging that gear around everynight.
As long they don´t have roadies,- perhaps ...
XITE-1/4LIVE wrote: A good laptop, rackmounted analog and a Solaris with a Chinese piece of shit disposable controller, and you're good to go everynight...
That´s what the plan is,- even with roadies, but w/ a somewhat better controller as these chinese pieces of shit are !

Bud