Pulsar and midi + Gigastudio Soundblaster

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

strengdal

Pulsar and midi + Gigastudio Soundblaster

Post by strengdal »

I byed my first pulsar card in year 1999. Now I have two pulsar2 + expansion and one pulsar1 card and I love them, but I alvays have litlebit latency on the midi. I remember in the old days I was using a Soundblaster card together with pulsar for the midi,and I found out that the midi was faster from this card no latency when I played pulsar synt true cubase in asio. I still have this problem now, using WinXP. Any one? I also find out in the old days that Soundblaster worked extremly vell with the Gigasampler,studio. I had all this working together on a Pentium 2 with Win98. Gigastudio was using a difrent driver for cubase with no latency,I dont know way they change this? now they use asio driver and the driver for scope but its not that fast.
This old system worked extremly vell on only a pentium2 Win98.All this together, check it out!!!: Running Cubase sequenser on Pulsar for Asio, audio + synth,sampler,eff, Gigastudio on soundblaster card for samples. Gigastudio was using the hardrive for samples, more than 1giga of samples. Pulsar is using ram for samples. This system worked all together in realtime with more than 20 audio tracks in 1999. Its time to cheer . Strengdal :)