as configuration asio multiple

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

nunziata

as configuration asio multiple

Post by nunziata »

Hi, usually how you configure asio
more outputs that go into the mix and then adds them together in the main mix
or one in out asio ?
per es, kontakt 3
sample logic ,
evolve ,
etc
all in one asio out or more output ??

thank in advance
Herr Voigt

Re: as configuration asio multiple

Post by Herr Voigt »

I would give to every VST-instrument a separate ASIO-output.
Click with right mouse button on your ASIO source and then surfaces -> open channel settings. So you can use up to 32 ASIO channels.

Have fun, Thomas
nunziata

Post by nunziata »

perfect Tomas, but next the main mix how do you do??
on scope or cubase sx ??
how is better solution ??
becouse i feel on mixer all
asio default+ return fx+ asio separate 32 canal
and now il bus mixer where is ??'

i am confused for this solution -
Thank
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

You can ask all members here:
Mixing in Scope sounds better.
So connect all your ASIO source outputs to a Scope mixer, take all the inserts/EQs/Send effects/Mastering effects you want, connect the Mix output of the mixer to ASIO dest - ready!
Now you can record the whole mix in Cubase. Of course with this method is no audio export possible, only realtime recording.
Hope that helps, Thomas
garyb

Post by garyb »

32 stereo/64 mono
bosone

Post by bosone »

i usually mix everything in scope beside some sub-mix such as orchestra section (in scope i mix strings, brass, woodwinds, percussion) rythm guitars, pad synths.

di solito faccio tutto il mix in scope tranne alcuni submix ad es di chitarre ritmiche, sezioni di orchestra (a scope arrivano 4 canali: archi, ottoni, legni, percussioni), synth di sottofondo. gli strmenti "Importanti" hanno il loro canale dedicato nel mixer di scope. la batteria è separata, in 5 canali del mixer di scope, con cassa, rullante, hat, piatti, tom.
nunziata

Post by nunziata »

some sub-mix ??
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

I mix in scope but there may be some sub-mixing (actually grouping) in cubase. I will send all backing vocals to a stereo group, panned how I want them then I just have one stereo channel in my scope mixer with the backing vocals. You may want to do this with anything that can be processed together like strings, horns, etc. This way I don't fill up my scope mixer with 12 channels when I can just use 2, then compress and eq all the vocals together. I'd think this is pretty normal for most people mixing in scope. It saves on the asio channels and really it's not necessary to have every track separate when they can be grouped and you get the same result. Try different things and you'll find what works best for you. THe only thing like has been said already, you can't export audio, you have to record it. I record into wavelab using the wav drivers then it gives me a separate file I can place where I like. When you start mixing in scope you won't want to change.