scope 5 with older keys

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Wired

scope 5 with older keys

Post by Wired »

Does anyone know if we can still use brainworx, das, timeworks keys etc, stuff with 5.0?, ...without copying all the dsp folder from 4.5 (just want to trim down things)
siriusbliss

Re: scope 5 with older keys

Post by siriusbliss »

Wired wrote:Does anyone know if we can still use brainworx, das, timeworks keys etc, stuff with 5.0?, ...without copying all the dsp folder from 4.5 (just want to trim down things)
Brainworx is still working OK in Scope 5.

I don't have DAS, Timeworks (yet), but some DAS device demos are working.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
dawman

Post by dawman »

Good question.
I wanted to make sure everything worked well before I switched over, so I did some thorough testing with devices I use. So I loaded every plug and found only a couple I couldn't use.
Since I use seversl DAS plugs it was one of the first developers after Zarg/SpaceF/Adern that I was concerned about.
I also check every plug again when I upgrade. Especially those that are being used with the XITE-1's RAM.
I have lost my DAS 5.1 Reverb which I do miss because I love the automated Surround Panner and the 5.1 Used simultaneously.
I have not lost the Sonic Timeworks Chorus-Delay but I cannot use it in an AUX or insert because once it is loaded in an insert, I cannot change presets from the default preset which really sucks because this effect is very precise and in an AUX can be used sparingly on several channels with great results.
It will work in serial in the routing window, so it's not a total loss.
Below the 2 trouble makers are in the left of the routing window.
I also have a custom live mixer and the C350 Channel strip from DAS that work flawlessley still.
The new SL9000 SC-X is really nice but the C350 Channel Strip is awesome. It's gate doesn't have the Rice Crispies effect on the destructive tips of the tails. This is a serious Drum tool when used w/ the SPL stuff, and also the device someone made caledl TDM-1 that is a drum specific enhancement.
untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

My STW keys don't work with 5.0. :cry:
That's why I switched back to 4.5.
fidox

Post by fidox »

hey !

Timeworks and DAS works fine here with scope 5.0,
all plugins which were registered under scope 4.5 in Scope.rgy file and later
sended to soniccore ,were workable when i recieved new keys for scope 5

best,
matej
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

Hmmm, I'll give it a try, I'll send an email to Ralf.