SFP5 - New features, fixes, bugs?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

time_chase

SFP5 - New features, fixes, bugs?

Post by time_chase »

Hi all,

Now that SFP5 is released and people are starting to get keys, what's new in SFP5? What fixes have been implemented? And have you spotted any bugs (old or new).

I dont have keys yet so i cant contribute yet, oh well :)

Fire away :)
sherlock

Re: SFP5 - New features, fixes, bugs?

Post by sherlock »

First thing I noticed (beside transparent windows ;)): the dsp load is slightly different. I cannot load old projects that are near the (old) dsp limit because of dsp overload.
time_chase

Post by time_chase »

just received my keys :)

So far i've noticed:

- New setup program, looks like it's based on INNO setup.
- updated drivers, v5.0.0.44 (not too sure about technical changes).
- new interface skin, looks more decent now, easier on the eyes.
- 2 versions of lightwave and six-string (stock, and v5), not sure about the differences.
- Some new S|C stuff in the effects folder??? (Not sure, i dont use the effects generally) all labelled 'SC-XXXXXXX', there's a surround reverb, a couple in the reverb folder and some new EQ stuff and dynamic stuff.
- The stupid popup that asks you to save your project (even though you just saved it) is still around :x
- The freeware/shareware devices I had seem to work ok in SFP5.
- Old project files from v4.5 seem to load ok.

Odd stuff, un-polished stuff:
- main toolbar has the old circle icons (on top, min, close), where as the dsp meter, routing window, browser has the new square icons. Probably a good idea if things were consistent with the UI. Yes it's anal, but i work in the UI field :D
- popups are still the standard coloured ones (biege and blue)
- My sync plate doesnt show up properly in the 'sample rate' window. It's now displayed as 'src 6' and 'src 7' (what the?)
voidar

Post by voidar »

Optimaster and SBC looks different. :).
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

I haven't had a chance to look through the entire shebang yet but I was pleased that the installation was flawless on WinXP Pro. I was able to load in a 4.5 project and do things without any hassle. The look and feel is a little different obviously. It'll take some time to get used to the new windowing scheme (haven't quite figured what's what there yet). I like the X-ray devices effect when you move plug-ins around. Nice touch.

The user manual is apparently lagging behind the software development because I still see mostly screen shots from 4.5 which I thought was a bit odd. I assume they'll get that all wrangled out eventually. User manuals have a funny habit of being on the bottom of the list of things to worry about it seems. Considering this is still a "work in progress release" I guess it's to be expected.

The new colors. Umm... I'm not going to be very picky about this because I expect things will change slightly along the way. I don't have an issue with it per se but this black/grey color scheme seems a tad dark to me. I think I preferred the cooler blue colors from before. Too bad you can't customize all that like you can with Sonar. Different skins like Samplitude. Whatever.

I'm just so glad to see anything that resembles a fresh coat of paint and an upgrade I think I'll just bask in the glow of this for a bit and see what I will see. So far I like what I'm seeing but time will tell. Thanks so much Sonic Core for breathing new life into this product. You guys rock. I'm sure we'll be seeing big things coming along soon.
microraver

Post by microraver »

working wel at this moment, also nice is the SL9000 device en the SC-EQ device !

But missing the xtc mode !!! :cry:

P.L.U.R
Cubase 5,Scope v5.1 XTC,2xScope Project+2x A16 Ultra+PoCo 6000(CL1B+Virus)+UAD2-QUAD(Comp,Rev,EQ)+plugiator Full.Mackie Control+Ext.ASUS P5WDH,CPU Q6600@3GHZ,6GB RAM,2xPCIe Graphics,4 Display's.Win 7 32 & 64bit.
http://soundcloud.com/dominium
sherlock

Post by sherlock »

Could it be that there are only two presets for profit-5 or is there something wrong with my installation?
firubbi

Post by firubbi »

does optimaster sound better than before?
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

sherlock wrote:Could it be that there are only two presets for profit-5 or is there something wrong with my installation?
Seems so :lol:. Other oddities include Minimax banks being labelled Creamware 1 and Creamware 2. Cream who?

For all the original Profit 5 presets, plus loads more pick them up at my thread here:
http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27090

BUG REPORT: Miniscope II bug is still there where you adjust the Filter Attack the LFO Filter button flicks on.
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Fri May 29, 2009 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
microraver

Post by microraver »

sherlock wrote:Could it be that there are only two presets for profit-5 or is there something wrong with my installation?
You can load all the pro-12 presets they are working !!!

P.L.U.R
Cubase 5,Scope v5.1 XTC,2xScope Project+2x A16 Ultra+PoCo 6000(CL1B+Virus)+UAD2-QUAD(Comp,Rev,EQ)+plugiator Full.Mackie Control+Ext.ASUS P5WDH,CPU Q6600@3GHZ,6GB RAM,2xPCIe Graphics,4 Display's.Win 7 32 & 64bit.
sherlock

Post by sherlock »

microraver wrote:
You can load all the pro-12 presets they are working !!!

P.L.U.R
Cool, thanks.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

BUG REPORT: SC-Chorus-Delay - the presets list doesn't open from the GUI (but will open with right-click).
microraver

Post by microraver »

Another BUG !

Weird GUI problem with miniscope en miniscope MKII ,i just see the knobs !

And STS 5000 not working , asking for keyfile - import ok and then noting !

P.L.U.R
Attachments
miniscope.jpg
miniscope.jpg (62.26 KiB) Viewed 5952 times
Last edited by microraver on Fri May 29, 2009 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

Dont have that miniscope bug.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Nope, miniscope GUI fine here - just that old attack knob bug from the original Pulsar days.
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

Where do the OXE files go for 3rd-party plug-ins? ? In 4.5 there used to be a subdirectory where you install them. I don't see that in V5.
microraver

Post by microraver »

krizrox wrote:Where do the OXE files go for 3rd-party plug-ins? ? In 4.5 there used to be a subdirectory where you install them. I don't see that in V5.
I don't see it too , i think at the moment it's not possible !

P.L.U.R
bosone

Post by bosone »

microraver wrote:
krizrox wrote:Where do the OXE files go for 3rd-party plug-ins? ? In 4.5 there used to be a subdirectory where you install them. I don't see that in V5.
I don't see it too , i think at the moment it's not possible !

P.L.U.R

i have dynatube and i copied the files from 4.5 DSP and script folders (just the ones NOT present in the 5.0 folder) and everything seems OK.
dawman

Post by dawman »

STW Dynamic Chorus Delay needs a fix, I totally agree.
I use it in a Channel/AUX of a mixer and cannot access the preset list.
BTW I do have a preset list for it, but it is empty.
Does anyone have the original preset list for swapping..?
If so please post it the preset thread or here,........ANkyu.

It's a truly marvellous sounding device, I'd love to hear how it sounds with presets from the developer.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:STW Dynamic Chorus Delay needs a fix, I totally agree.
I use it in a Channel/AUX of a mixer and cannot access the preset list.
BTW I do have a preset list for it, but it is empty.
Does anyone have the original preset list for swapping..?
If so please post it the preset thread or here,........ANkyu.
Check http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27564

Btw, you can access the preset list by right-clicking the device as it appears in the routing window.