Pulsar + 2 ADA-convertors / wordclock how to?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

krass

Post by krass »

Hi,

My first post :smile:

I use PulsarI with Fostex VC-8, with the Pulsar slave to the Fostex (if I use the Pulsar as master, something is not working...)

Anyway, this setup is working fine for me, but now I want more IO, so the solution could be to put another VC-8 that connects to my 2nd ADAT ports on the Pulsar.

OK, you see it coming, if my 1st VC-8 is the master clock device, how in the world am I going to set up a second VC-8 without running into trouble?

Another solution would be to use a 16 channel ADA-IO solution, but I don't know any but the new Apogee AD-16 and DA-16, but I fear for the price (I know quality will be superior, but I still have to watch prices...).
If anybody of you knows of a 16 channel ADA-IO solution with ADAT connectivity, please let me know...

Thanks for helping me out!

KrasS
JoeKa

Post by JoeKa »

What about Creamware´s A16 or the Motu converters? I´ve just bought an A16 (my second) on ebay right today, but it´s not sold often and therefore hard to find. But it´s the cheapest way to get a 16 I/Os ADAT interface that sounds really nice.
The Motus are better, I guess, but they´re much more expensive.
garyb

Post by garyb »

hi
i use two frontier tangos.my machine prefers adat#2 to be master.pulsar and adat1 are both set as slave.works fine.
JoeKa

Post by JoeKa »

I never had any sync problems, no matter if Pulsar or the A16 is the wordclock master, it´s always working fine. Absolutely reliable machine.
krass

Post by krass »

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies!

I'll probably go the Motu way, as these are easier to find, and of course well known for their quality.

Regads,

KrasS
claes

Post by claes »

why don't you set pulsar to be clock master and set the vc-8 word setting to optical? that way you have no problem getting another i/o-box..
claes

Post by claes »

"I use PulsarI with Fostex VC-8, with the Pulsar slave to the Fostex (if I use the Pulsar as master, something is not working...) "

why don't i read something before i reply? excuse my ignorance.. :wink: