Can an STS do this ?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Can an STS sampler triggered within a project - say with the Arpeg02 - be playing lots of samples, then re-sample what it's playing ?

For example, if I was using the STS as a drum machine playing wavs, can the STS sample that drum pattern as a single new wav ? I don't mean if it's being triggered externally by VST or similar, but if it's triggered internally.

Am I being clear ?

cheers,
Spirit
jupiter8

Post by jupiter8 »

"Am I being clear ? Not qutie. What do you mean by being trigered internally? I did'nt quite get that part. I have'nt tried it but it should be possible by routing all of your outputs to a mixer and then send them to the sample input of the STS.
But why would you want to ? Why not just record the loop in the seq. prog. and import it to the STS ? I don't know about your setup but mine lets me do that easily.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I like staying within Pulsar when possible - and by using the Arpeg02 I can instantly generate good loops - one click and it's done !

So the idea here is: use the Arpeg02 to trigger an STS, then re-sample the result back to the STS. (Much faster than going to an external sequencer and punching in indiviual notes).
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

why don't you just download the demo and see if you can route the outs to the record ins? i betcha can (or should be able to . . .