Quantec?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

elco

Post by elco »

Last I heard, Quantec was going to release a plugin at the AES in Munich in May '99. It's been a while since I've looked at any Pulsar discussions. Have I missed something? Did they decide to abandon the Pulsar/Scope platform?

Cheers,

elco
Mo

Post by Mo »

i think there <i>is</i> a reverb plug-in for scope, but due to the fact that pulsar has no or too little onboard ram, this plug will never get more spreaded to other cw cards.
<font face="courier"><i>native wishes...</i></font><br><font face="verdana" color="orange">da <font size="+1">peppi connection!</font> <b><i>music</i> and <i>video</i></b> feeds at <font size="+1"><a href="http://www.peppisworld.de">www.peppisworld.de</a>
jupiter8

Post by jupiter8 »

This is what is says on their web page.

" Even though we haven´t dropped the project it´s on hold, because we are not satisfied with the copy-protection offered so far.
Please be patient, it looks like nothing will happen there before Spring 2000. Remember, it´s not dead, just on hold. "

There is an interview with a programmer who was rather exited with the Pulsar card but probably the copy protection was'nt sufficient. It even says that Digidesign tried to buy the algorithm!!!
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

This is the case for more than one larger developer. :eek:
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

what copy protection do TDM/RTAS plugs use?

stuff gets cracked, there is no such thing as uncrackable software; some is just more difficult than others. . .
Mo

Post by Mo »

" Please be patient, it looks like nothing will happen there before Spring 2000. Remember, it´s not dead, just on hold. "
oh oh :sad: i hope things have changed at least untill spring 2002...
<font face="courier"><i>native wishes...</i></font><br><font face="verdana" color="orange">da <font size="+1">peppi connection!</font> <b><i>music</i> and <i>video</i></b> feeds at <font size="+1"><a href="http://www.peppisworld.de">www.peppisworld.de</a>
jupiter8

Post by jupiter8 »

Just a small correction of myself.
Digidesign did'nt try to buy the algoritm, they offered a large amount of money to make sure the Quantec plug in was ported to Protools.