Looking for feedback....

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

Hi fellow pulsarians, I just created a new track that I would like to hear some comments on. It's has elements from trance, techno and goa. I used pulsar for mixing, synths and fx, and used ReBirth for drums/bass, cubase for seq. and an Emu XL-1 for some extra sounds.
All of the main synth sounds are done with the Bluesynth and it's great Hummel update.
It's called "The Other End of Time" and you can get it from getoutthere.com (just search for "SputnikK" and it'll turn up.)
Thankx for listening! :smile:
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

GetOutThere sure looks cool but it took about 5 minutes to figure out where to download your track and I had to give them waaay too much personal information first. But slick looking site -- even if it gets in the way of functionality...

..Back on topic. Nice bright glittery sounds at the beginning, very clean production, on some of the sounds you might consider just lightly effecting or mangling a bit -- this is pretty "straight" trance/goa trance. Very classic "goa" sound to it, something you'd expect to hear at a "goa trance party" back in 1996-7. Nice job...

(Finally any reason it comes up as SputniKk: Destination Unknown?
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

That's because I changed that was the "working title" of the track, which I forgot to change in the filename, doh! :smile:Anyway, thanks for the comments.
Zer

Post by Zer »

Wy didn´t you all post a link here... I love techno esp. songs I dont´know - and I like commenting.

So "Out there" is a beautyful one.... I like the Fx in it...I missed the shock in "infinity shock"...it is well produced, but i missed something special, regarding to it´s name. Although I fancy for rough beats normally, my favourite is "Warped" - really smart - it combines experimetal beats, melody and has something special in it.

I´m wondering why you didn´t upload something using "music" or posted a functional link. The registering procedure at this mp3 server is really a shame...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zer on 2001-08-02 07:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zer on 2001-08-02 10:54 ]</font>
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

Well, I'll explain about that, I usually put my music on http://www.electromancer.com, a small site dedicated to unsigned electronic-music artists, but my email won't let me send big files to the guy who runs it, so I post 'em at getoutthere first, and he grabs the tracks from there. (btw. "Warped" was last months "editor's choice" on electromancer). I only have a modem connection so I'm not too keen on uploading tracks more than once to different sites.
Anyway, thanks again for listening to my music, I may post the tracks directly in here in the future.