Have seen Xite-1 at the Messe

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Marvin

Have seen Xite-1 at the Messe

Post by Marvin »

Ralf was very kind and spent a lot of time answering my questions (thanks Ralf!).
So here we go:
- Xite-1 has RAM onboard (they think about an upgradable Solution like in your PC instead of fixed built in) You know what this means regarding Reverbs and Delay :-)
- there are three new devices (the white looking ones), a 5.1 Sourround Reverb, a compressor with noise gate (the gate before the compressor; seems to be the right one for drums) and an EQ which sounds really good as Ralf told me.
- you could not combine old cards with Xite-1, for example if you would like to use the In/Outs of your cards with Xite-1
- but they certainly will offer more options to expand Xite-1 via XTDM, e.g.with more Adat In/Outs, even MADI would be in mind. It is not planned, these are only thoughts so far, but there will definitly come more.
- SC think about smaller units, as not all of us would need 10 times the power of a 14 DSP card. Smaller units will certainly be cheaper. Xite-1 is the big one to show the big picture, degrading from big is more simple as vice versa.
- they think about upgrading the hardware with Z-Link; the hardware will see some changes for final release I guess
- the software code is new, even the driver.It has not been testet, if the Cubase 4.1 bug (ASIO crash at 48KHz) is gone with Scope 5.0, but Ralf talked to Steinberg to find a solution together :-)
- XTC mode is still included, but not further developed so far. Ralf agreed, that XTC with direct access to the routing possibilities would be a very good solution, best of both modes as you know. With XTC you don't have to switch from DAW to another mixer surface (>> better workflow), so I hope they will do more developement in a new XTC world.

These are the points I could remember, if I find more in my brain I will come back here.
Have fun , Alexander
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Can two XITE-1's be combined for expanded power?

P.S. Thanks for the other info!
darkrezin

Post by darkrezin »

Thanks for the report. Sounds pretty cool to me.
katano

Post by katano »

thanks for the report!
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

:o

Nice really!!
- Xite-1 has RAM onboard (they think about an upgradable Solution like in your PC instead of fixed built in) You know what this means regarding Reverbs and Delay
And maybe for sampling and maybe for convolution and maybe for... :)
hubird

Post by hubird »

hmmm...Z-Link...that's really ok :-):-)
would like to know about more ADATs befor I start yelling :-D
Half the power but with all ins and outs (incl. 32ADAT), that would be my dreammachine, and I would buy it as soon as possible :-)

thanks for report!
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

Z-LINK! Z-LINK! Z-LINK!

SonicCore, please add Z-Link!!! :D :D :D

Otherwise, it seems practically perfect to me!!
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
dehuszar

Post by dehuszar »

...or if the XTDM can be added into that A16 expansion slot... Firewire isn't the end-all-be-all of throughput. If XTDM can pump more bandwidth then bring it!

I'm also curious if 88.2k will be supported. Lots of my Pro-Tools buddies use this freq as it dithers cleanly to 44.1k and it would be nice to be able to pass tracks back and forth in a high resolution until press time as opposed to doing quality-corrosive conversions every time the tracks change hands.

The A16 claims to support the frequency already, there's just no option for it in the SFP settings panel.

I've been itching to get a blue sky rig for a while. I played with the STM 16S a long time ago when I had a 4 monitor (audio that is) setup, but there was this weird dip in volume in between speakers. I tried setting it up to my hifi 5.1 rig, but got the same results. (Paul, maker of fine reverbs, and part of the Creamware support old guard was able to reproduce these issues) If they fixed that, and the 5.1 reverb is of any quality, I'm going to crap myself with excitement.
Marvin

Post by Marvin »

Sounddesigner wrote:Can two XITE-1's be combined for expanded power?

No, if I remember right. Do you really need 20 times the power of a Scope card?
brain1

z-link and adat i/o's should be standard for xite-1

Post by brain1 »

z-link is really a must have- i use A16 ultra with z-link connected to Scope card and also luna w/z-link i/o. if i was to sell the cards and update to xite-1 i would want to keep a16 ultra as front end connected to xite via z-link. Both z-link and adat i/o's should be included standard.
hubird

Post by hubird »

agree :-)
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

Marvin wrote:

Thats not correct. I don't think we can dismiss that feature atm.
Marvin

Post by Marvin »

Warp69 wrote:
Marvin wrote:

Thats not correct. I don't think we can dismiss that feature atm.
Have you got further information? As I said, IF I remember right, Ralf said, that you cannot combine two XITE-1, ok, at this moment. But I'm not that sure. You know, a day at the Messe is a load of information and impressions...
dawman

Post by dawman »

I'm sure it is an excessive amount of information, and your contributions are duly noted.

The onboard RAM was a very important point to many here. I/O's can be easily addressed at a later date.

Soniccore has actually turned the Creamware dream of an all in one package into a reality now.

I have relinquished so much hardware from the first platforms attempts. This will probably eliminate much more hardware.

DSP reverbs and delays will no longer have constraints attached.

Hopefully the 5.1 reverb can be used as stero also, but I really look forward to the 3rd party developements, as we seem to have the best talent among us already.
Last edited by dawman on Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

I would love to mix an entire live group w/ XITE-1. 8 AUX's should do the trick.
Maybe that will have to wait till XLive-1 Jimmy.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I believe it will be possible according to what I have heard first hand from visitors.

I already have some big mixers and the DAS MM is 6 AUX's already.

A few Dynatubes, and a great live mic pre w/ a good hardware verb and I should be good to go.

Bowens synths have always been handcuffed IMHO, just to use those w/ 16 voice poly in a Unison2 setting should be worth buying the 1U.

I can load Prowave w/ RDII Module Oscillators, and SpaceF Osc's w/ 14 voices in a Unison 2, but recording is all that I can do. To save and recall this is asking for trouble, but sneaking in 2 voices at a time to achieve high polyphony seems to work for recording purposes. And it is really a FAT BASTARD sound for sure. :wink:

What I am really hoping for is to have the first 5.1 live surround band.

An electronic drummer, vocals, guitar and bass, and of course my FAT BOYS. I have tried this w/ limited sucess, but I have 4 perfectly tuned Barbetta's for the 4 satellities. My center could be the Rotary cabinet, and the .1 would obviously be the subs. I would love to wreak havoc on club PA's and DJ's.

I Froth Severely.
hubird

Post by hubird »

kill them :-D
dawman

Post by dawman »

It's my duty as a soldier of Scope.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

but you haven't experienced the trenches.
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

Hi,

You are right Jimmy, i think this new product from SC definitely opens doors for live apps !

A - for musicians that perform Live : for sur they will have lots of possibility in a small 1U box

B - For FOH engineers : This is imho the domain where it is a real revolution !!!

As you might know, i have experienced since a long time SCOPE for live .

In fact, A laptop + A magma rack + 2 Scope + 2 * A16 and you have a fantastic peripherals rack in few U but ... it is still not so ergonomic !!!
hers with the Xite ... it becomes really intersting ... easy to setup ...
and the power avaible is really amazing ...

with a digital mixer ? 2 ADAT lightpipes for 16 I/O
with analog mixer ? One A16 (jack or XLR)

C - For PA big systems installers / renters :

What a fantastic opportunity to have in 1U + 2 U (A16 XLR) a very power full Control Unit ... that can give : Active filters for PA multi amplified systems , with all the possibilities of delaying the PA box for big complex setups ...

EQ, compress Limit for each bands, FOH PA or Monitors !!!

More ... effects : Reverbs, delays ... inserted mixing effects, comp, gates EQ ...

The domain of Live is still very conservative !!! lots of digital, but never all in one !!! and also a lot of analog ... but with this kind of product (Xite) and well developped softwares / plugz things can change, i am sure !!!

And also A GOOD COMMUNICATION !!! once again LIVE engineer are very subject to FASHION !!! they all need the same devices at the same time !!! even only for few months !!! Strange behaviour indded but a reality ! So Communication is the main Point !!!

Stay tuned,
cheers
olive