TripleDat help

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ripgtr

TripleDat help

Post by ripgtr »

I know this is somewhat off topic, but I can not find any place else to turn. I have one of the old tripleDat cards, but it seems to have failed. It doesn't show up on post or in the OS in 2 separate systems.

The problem is that I have a song I need to retrieve, and of course all the audio files are in a format no other program seems to recognize. The program won't open, because there is no card, so I can't even open the song up and save the files out as wav.

I have emailed the company that looks like it has taken over creamware, but haven't heard anything.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am stuck until I can get these recordings out.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
tgstgs

Post by tgstgs »

3dat only works up to win98se it wont be recogized in xp or vista;

i have 3dat card + plugin but am very buissy atm.;if you have time to wait i save it for you as waves;

pm me;

good vibes from vienna
ripgtr

Post by ripgtr »

Understand about xp and 98. The system I had this is was a dual boot. I tried it in another system, 98, no go. It doesn't even show on the list of installed devices on post, so the bios isn't seeing it. Since it happens on 2 systems, it must be the card.
I tried changing the IRQ to 15 and disabling the 2nd ide on the 2nd box. There is nothing in there taking an irq except for system resources. Still nogo. So I think the card just up and died.
I appreciate the offer, and may take you up on that. However, I was digging around looking to see if there was a version of this song I may have imported into cubase or something, and realized I have 10 CDs of material. All I need is a way to open up the software and export the files, but so far, I haven't found one.
tgstgs

Post by tgstgs »

well 10 cds a XX channels is a lot of material;
take time . . .

if its so important you may think of buying tripledat scopeplugin;
with it your able to do what you want; but still limited to win98!!
dont know if triple le or whats called the xp follower is able to open old format!
soniccoresupport may know!!
--
if you havent done so far you should first try the card in an old pc (pentium 2/3) with old motherboard!!
wasnt able to run it on newer MBs with isa as well independet from OS;
---
good luck

if you find no solution my offer is up, but please limit it to the nesasary;

good vibes
ripgtr

Post by ripgtr »

Yes, a lot a material. Like I said, I do appreciate the offer, but I think it is more work than I could ask someone to do.
I will look into the plug in, was not aware there was some way of doing this without the hardware.

I may have found a used on on the web, but I am wary of buying one from someone on something like craigslist, as I have no recourse if it doesn't work.
astroman

Post by astroman »

where are you located ?
I have a TDAT16 PCI card which I currently don't use

just drop me a line , Tom
ripgtr

Post by ripgtr »

I live in Texas, so not too close!
Yea, I think I am just going to have to try to hunt up one on the internet. Tried ebay, nogo, but I don't need to get it today. I guess I am just going to have to work on finding a used one somewhere around here.
Thanks.
astroman

Post by astroman »

that probably just the usual 'if you don't need it, there are tons of offers - but if in need... :D
I think I've seen Triple boards and TDATs on eBay US quite frequently

possibly you can get the Triple plugin for Scope (the one that runs under Win98, not TripleDAT LE) for an upgrade price if you're a TripleDat owner - at least in my case I got a discount for the serial number of the TDAT board.

good luck, Tom
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

ripgtr wrote:I tried it in another system, 98, no go. It doesn't even show on the list of installed devices on post, so the bios isn't seeing it.
well, this is an ISA card, isn't it? I'm not completely sure whether you will see them in the POST screens anyway, and this is different from board to board, afair.
I haven't had an ISA card or system for a long time, so I'm not absolutely sure about that. do you remember seeing it showing up in the original system before? or do you just expect it to be seen?

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

They go on e-bay germany for 1 euro and less :D
http://search.ebay.de/search/search.dll ... category0=
astroman

Post by astroman »

they only start at 1 Euro, like most stuff on eBay - keeps the fee low and attracts more potential buyers (everyone's hoping for a bargain, but then usually doesn't bail out when bids increase) ;)

cheers, Tom
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

astroman wrote:they only start at 1 Euro, like most stuff on eBay - keeps the fee low and attracts more potential buyers (everyone's hoping for a bargain, but then usually doesn't bail out when bids increase) ;)

cheers, Tom
Agree but the last 3 trippledat cards didnt sold even for 1 euro. :P
astroman

Post by astroman »

yes, that's exactly the point - if the seller had started with (say) 100, eBay would charge the fee anyway, regardless if the item was sold ;)
jabney

Post by jabney »

hi ripgtr,

I have a TripleDAT card + whip in the US. Please see your PM box.

best,

john
snarfdude

Post by snarfdude »

This also maybe off topic, but I'm also wondering about the old TripleDAT cards.....

I just bought one off ebay to throw into one of my older PC's with an ISA slot, I used it at a radio station I worked at years ago, so it's a nice toy to play with after about 7 years.,....

The card was great, no real problems putting in, also came with v 2.33 of tripledat, with a valid key, but while it also came with the firewalkers plug in, and software, I don't have a valid key 16 for this.

I also, years ago, found a version of tripledat 2.53 and kept it in the event I would find a tripleboard to go with it, but it doesn't have a key to go with it....

any suggestions where I can keys for the mentioned above? will the company who took over, possibly supply me with a key? I'm guessing no, based on the previous poster.

could anyone assist? always loved tripledat, and would love to get everything else working on it for my production studio. I suppose I take my chances when buying off ebay......
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

If there's any chance of getting keys etc. then Ralf is you man (but no promises...). Email him on:

rb(at)soniccore.com

and see what he says - you've got nothing to lose.
astroman

Post by astroman »

well, I can't help you with key - that's indeed only Ralf as Mr. A wrote

but if you like Triple, you can just install the 2 Scope tripledat source and destination modules and the TripleBoard would act as a dongle if it's physically present.
In other words you have Scope IO for TripleDat.
Of course it requires a Win98 system and a motherboard with at least one ISA slot

cheers, Tom
snarfdude

Post by snarfdude »

Thanks, I'll e-mail ralf....worth a try, just would be great to get everything working...I can live with it now.....

On the machine with Tripledat, I have the ISA board installed, on a win 98 system...I have 3 PC's in my production studio, 2 win 98, and 1 windows Xp and that'"s only part of the network, as my internet radio station is running a PC with windows ME. That's what happens when people give you old PC's to play with.......

If I can't get a key, that's OK, I'll still use the system, but just would be cool.
snarfdude

Post by snarfdude »

As a followup, just wanted to thank everyone for their responses. Ralf was very helpful and provided me with keys that worked, and everything is working great! they certainly get a thumbs up from me for tech support...

anyways, thanks again......drop my weekly salute to the wacky warped and weird sometime....

www.cheezepleeze.com

SD!