Up All Night w/ Flexor III ?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Up All Night w/ Flexor III ?

Post by dawman »

I know I ain't the only one here who stays up all night, and even after gigs says bye-bye to the trim to go play w/ Solaris, etc.

Who is jamming till they drop w/ Flexor III ?

I bet Alfonso made many of the FAT BASTARD presets 4 FIII, that is only a guess, for I believe Assaf is past that point. Not trying to be smug but he seems like the " old " stuff is just to easy, or boring to him.

I am feverish to return from vacation. It seems like every time I leave something wicked and fabulous happens at the Z.

So please be cruel, and rub it in. I know right now many are going to work w/ patches dancing through their heads. Be safe, but by all means during your breaks dream of the future, and please share it w/ me, as all I have is a new Pignose amp and a Strat for my sons B-Day to play with. Grandpa, and Grandma won't mind 'bout that. 40 years ago I drove them nuts w/ Purple Haze.

I Must Know Now !!!

Back In July,
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

Assaf made many more than me....there are some stunning patches in F3... :)
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

I like the TB 303 emulation! :o
Very close to real thing...
This patch worth maybe a little device version (with sequencer or at least only with keyboard playable synth) exlusively for FLexor3 owner!!!
:wink:
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

erminardi wrote:I like the TB 303 emulation! :o
Very close to real thing...
This patch worth maybe a little device version (with sequencer or at least only with keyboard playable synth) exlusively for FLexor3 owner!!!
:wink:
I`ve already build some kind of 303 device with Flexor 1 filter and SDK,

if there is interest, I may look more into it.

But in the last time I`m a bit bored from 303 sounds. :lol:

So its on hold, but the device already works. But still very unflexible... :oops:
Lima

Post by Lima »

just started to explore the patches and the one called "magic carpet" is really stunning imo :) What a fantastic palette of new sounds with those patches!!! incredible!!!

:-D
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
dawman

Post by dawman »

The threads are on fire !!
mr. prawn

Post by mr. prawn »

im loving it! i think the 'massivo' patch is the best amongst the presets. the 303 patch it nice but i dont think you can emulate that sound very well in a digital synth, plus i think much of its character comes from its quirky sequencer - so unless you recreate that in some way it wont sound like a 303 :( the 'rubber' filter is a nice addition though, and i love the 'aqua' filter, and the comb filters, and the delays!
ReD_MuZe

Post by ReD_MuZe »

im working on more patches so if you have any patch requests this is the time :)
Tony B

Post by Tony B »

Hi. Scope4live. Just dropped in to see if you are all right. This is abre. I still got your bogus Western Union Money Order. I still have the cards (using them). I am still owing ebay for relisting. Thanks to you. Do you have a conscions?
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Ouch!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Dear Assaf.
It is an honor to have you take the time for us with such requests.

I would love a basic 3 Osc patch w/ additional Sample ( WAV ) Oscillator.

Just to see the connections and study it would be a great favor for me. I could add my own samples later, but might finally come to grips better w/ Modular, and Flexor III.

I Think I Will Cut Our Vacation Short. I am literally sleepless knowing it's available, and I haven't a DAW in sight. But Lake Tahoe is so beautiful !! But in the presence of Flexor III, I'm afraid it can only come second.

Humbly Yours,

BTW, Thanks again for the Tom Sawyer Oberheim OBX patch you made me 2 years ago. I learned about FM modulation, and how it acts on Oscillators. I hope to be as good as many of our fellow members here by years end.
mr. prawn

Post by mr. prawn »

ReD_MuZe wrote:im working on more patches so if you have any patch requests this is the time :)
a 'sub-bass' patch would be nice, for deep, subby bass, if you know what i mean :)
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

I love the patches with a lot of presets... :D
Also Flexor3 is a huge step forward compared to Flexor 1.x!!!
I really love explore the combinations from the creators of the project, I think that one good patch is 1000 times better than an entire PDF manual.
And these patches are a immediate satisfaction for the customer.

Massive subbas patch +1
I love the lead synths that comes from Flexor.
Thanks Red :D
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

scope4live wrote:Dear Assaf.
It is an honor to have you take the time for us with such requests.

I would love a basic 3 Osc patch w/ additional Sample ( WAV ) Oscillator.
You know the WAV oscilator in CW modular 3 has a major bug: (!!!!)

If you load a WAV file through sample pool or directly by droping the file in the load window and reload that patch again, the wav is corrupted. (sometimes?or always!) Meaning it will load again, but does not play correctly.

And sometimes when you drop a wav file into the wave-oscillator the whole system crashes and reboots very quick (like a hardware reset).

wave oscillator is nice but only if it does not crash your system. :lol:

Altough the wave oscillator is pretty nice and worked with looping points, so it really is more an oscillator than a sample player. :x

Its always the things you love that make the problems in life. :D
Last edited by hifiboom on Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thats a damn shame. Bowens synths using Kyma samples is amazingly unique in sound and motion. Even w/ Waldorf Oscillators I can comb through sounds w/ my expression pedal making curtains of motion that make soloing so much fun.

Who could fix this SonicCore ?
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

scope4live wrote:Thats a damn shame. Bowens synths using Kyma samples is amazingly unique in sound and motion. Even w/ Waldorf Oscillators I can comb through sounds w/ my expression pedal making curtains of motion that make soloing so much fun.

Who could fix this SonicCore ?
even the old wav players, I have tried, suffer from crashes.
I`m sure they worked fine with a previous version of SFP. I`m pretty sure this could be fixed quite easily, but I don`t know.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Well there's another reason for people to buy a Bowen synth. Nobody seems to use these awesome Oscillators I guess. You don't know what you are missing. For instance, the RD II Modules doubles up on the instances, and I noticed when these were recorded in 96k they sound even better.

Even adding the D50 samples in 16 bit turns a Bowen synth into a super D50, especially when mixing w/ the CEM Osc's.

JB has informs me that new code allows the hardware Solaris to change presets instantly. This synth w/ 16 voices using his WAV Oscillators will be the freshest sounding synth in my arsenal.

That means that Flexor III will have it's own DAW when the hardware Solaris arrives. These are truly awesome days ahead.
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

scope4live wrote:I Think I Will Cut Our Vacation Short. I am literally sleepless knowing it's available, and I haven't a DAW in sight. But Lake Tahoe is so beautiful !! But in the presence of Flexor III, I'm afraid it can only come second.
I felt the same last week - I was on holiday in the middle of nowhere, no phone, let alone DAW, when FIII came out and I was feverish with excitement and even trying to think of ways that I could at least get to an Internet enabled PC just to read about the new version.

However, I didn't do that, and I'm glad I didn't. Holidays are important, especially when you're somewhere as beautiful as Lake Tahoe, and FIII will still be there when you get back. Relax, enjoy the break, and think of FIII as something that will make the return from holiday easier to bear. I look forward to hearing your reaction to FIII when you get back - you won't be disappointed.

Ben
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

scope4live wrote:Well there's another reason for people to buy a Bowen synth. Nobody seems to use these awesome Oscillators I guess. You don't know what you are missing. For instance, the RD II Modules doubles up on the instances, and I noticed when these were recorded in 96k they sound even better.
Jimmy, does the osc 1 also accept loop points from a WAV file?

edit:
just tried the Pro-Wave, and I had a crash using a wav oscillator with a loop file.
Maybe I do have a problem with my system? Or rmaybe a problem with the wav files.
mmmnhhh.

Strange.
Maybe I am the only one that uses the wav oscillators as real oscillators and not as wav players. :)
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

hifiboom wrote: Jimmy, does the osc 1 also accept loop points from a WAV file?

edit:
just tried the Pro-Wave, and I had a crash using a wav oscillator with a loop file.
Maybe I do have a problem with my system? Or rmaybe a problem with the wav files.
mmmnhhh.

Strange.
Maybe I am the only one that uses the wav oscillators as real oscillators and not as wav players. :)
I regularly use the wav oscillators in many of the Zarg synths, especially Solaris, Proph@t Plus, Rotor Ex and Ambient. For example, I often use the sample pool I created for the Jaded800 modular patch, with great effect.

However, I do remember a similar problem as you describe with one of the synths recently, but can't remember if this was with Pro-Wave or Quantum Wave. I'll check tonight when I get home as I had some discussion with John about this.

Cheers,
Ben

PS Here are some presets for various Zarg Synths which use wav oscillators:
Solaris: http://www.planetz.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19163
Proph@t Plus: http://www.planetz.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11235
Ambient v3: http://www.planetz.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11234
Ambient v2: http://www.planetz.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11233