BCR2000 quick question

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

irrelevance

BCR2000 quick question

Post by irrelevance »

Do the encoders have a stepped feel to indicate position?
bgarlow

Post by bgarlow »

No, but the ring of LEDs give a visual indication (as long as the DAW, or whatever you are controlling, sends MIDI back to it). Great peice of gear for the price.

I finally took the plunge and configured mine to use Mackie emulation and Huskervu. When I don't need the flexibility of SFP, I run in XTC mode in Ableton Live 6. With the BCR acting as a Mackie control, I'm able to control synths like Solaris or Pro-Wave, etc. I get visual feedback from Husker about what parameter I'm adjusting, and I can page through parameteres 8 at a time (no control over which parameters are in each bank, unfortunately). No manual mapping at all.

It's not ideal, but it's a heck of a time saver when you are in "jam and compose" mode vs "tweek Solaris for 3 hours and forget to record anything" mode.

Cheers,
Brent
husker

Post by husker »

first time i've seen my huskervu mentioned around these parts :-)

glad it's working well for you :D
bgarlow

Post by bgarlow »

ha, I never put the names together :)

Huskervu plus Mackie emulation doubled the utility of my BCR. If I weren't 6000 miles away, I'd buy you a beer. Maybe I can ship you some chile.

BTW, if you want to share the source code for help with any updates or enhacement, feel free to pass it along.

Brent
valis

Post by valis »

Huskervu is a nice little app, works great with my BCF too :D

Although since I'm still on Logic PC I prefer using Midi CC/sysex etc because I can route controls directly to whatever I want in the environment. Also I've noticed that the BCF's MC implementation seems to come with a lot more cpu overhead? In Live & Logic both...
husker

Post by husker »

thanks guys, glad to hear it's working well for you...

I don't use it myself anymore, so haven't looked at any enhancments, and it's sort of perfect as it is :-)

Brent happy to pass the C# source code on if you want it, just PM me...a few people have asked for it since I wrote it, but I haven't seen any any 'super' versions come out yet...

p.s thanks for the virtual beer
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

I finally got the BCR2000. Great controller and very easy to setup! Thanks for the info.