Last post here

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

BB54

Last post here

Post by BB54 »

Yesterday, I sold my PSII/Luna2496 combo. I feel lucky for getting some money for it, can't say it was a big rush of presumptive buyers. I'd like to thank you for the time spent here at PlanetZ. Even though I have not produced many posts, I spent a whole lot of time here the last five years. I have learnt a lot more from you guys more than I have learnt from the quiet and somewhat mysterious company Creamware. I still think of the Creamware platform as very nice in most ways, but it's only for hackers - Installers that don't set up your system completely, the undocumented and somewhat bizarre and outdated functionality of the XTC mode etc. Along the way, you get used to lab your way around and searching/reading for hours at this forum. Without PlanetZ, I would have sold my card years ago, so thank you for that!

I now use a TC Konnekt, very nice FW card for both studio and location work, also with on board DSP.

The very best regards to all of you/over and out
Mikael
hubird

Post by hubird »

good luck :-)
sodiumcycle

Re: Last post here

Post by sodiumcycle »

BB54 wrote:Yesterday, I sold my PSII/Luna2496 combo. I feel lucky for getting some money for it, can't say it was a big rush of presumptive buyers. I'd like to thank you for the time spent here at PlanetZ. Even though I have not produced many posts, I spent a whole lot of time here the last five years. I have learnt a lot more from you guys more than I have learnt from the quiet and somewhat mysterious company Creamware. I still think of the Creamware platform as very nice in most ways, but it's only for hackers - Installers that don't set up your system completely, the undocumented and somewhat bizarre and outdated functionality of the XTC mode etc. Along the way, you get used to lab your way around and searching/reading for hours at this forum. Without PlanetZ, I would have sold my card years ago, so thank you for that!

I now use a TC Konnekt, very nice FW card for both studio and location work, also with on board DSP.

The very best regards to all of you/over and out
Mikael
I'm using other audio interfaces now as well, mostly for multi-track digital recording, but I'm looking to get back in to Creamware as soon as they release a firewire based audio solution.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Sorry to hear you've lost faith in the Scope Platform & moved on. It really is the best audio platform available.
BB54 wrote:Yesterday, I sold my PSII/Luna2496 combo. I feel lucky for getting some money for it
Well, I bought a DS2416 card when they first came out. I paid around 500 quid (uk) for it all those years ago. Now they're worth buttons. 75 - 100 pounds sterling if I was lucky. So guess what it does? It provides good quality I/Os to this internet machine which is not connected to our DAW :D
can't say it was a big rush of presumptive buyers. I'd like to thank you for the time spent here at PlanetZ. Even though I have not produced many posts, I spent a whole lot of time here the last five years. I have learnt a lot more from you guys more than I have learnt from the quiet and somewhat mysterious company Creamware. I still think of the Creamware platform as very nice in most ways, but it's only for hackers - Installers that don't set up your system completely, the undocumented and somewhat bizarre and outdated functionality of the XTC mode etc. Along the way, you get used to lab your way around and searching/reading for hours at this forum. Without PlanetZ, I would have sold my card years ago, so thank you for that!
You've obviously had some problems with Scope that really pissed you off, but in all honesty, I think most users here on Z actually have the most complex while user-friendly & flexable system available on the pro audio market. There really is no comparable system for people who don't buy into the next big thing at the drop of a hat..

Best wishes & good luck anyway.
firubbi

Post by firubbi »

BB54 wrote: Without PlanetZ, I would have sold my card years ago, so thank you for that!
I now use a TC Konnekt
Mikael
:) but you can stay with z ppl. who knows someday you may wish to buy cw card again.
thanks
Tony B

Post by Tony B »

I agree. These Creamware cards are very hard to sell. I am wondering why? I have two Luna 2 up for sale and NO ONE is interested. I too have learned a lot from this forum and I say thanks to everyone. I am on another system too but I usually would drop in to say a few words to people in distress.
garyb

Post by garyb »

6 and 14/15 dsp cards sell easily. i sell them all the time.
AndreD

Post by AndreD »

BB54 wrote: I now use a TC Konnekt, very nice FW card for both studio and location work, also with on board DSP.
Mikael
..a good choice, anyway! ;-)
(the worlclock is taken from system 6000)
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Sure garyb, the SIX and FOURTEEN DSP boards are EASY to sell all the time, but good luck trying to sell perfectly good Pulsar I's or any other so-called 'first generation' cards.

I'm tired of pPeople bantering with me over a measely $50 difference in price - whether or not there is close to $800 worth of plugins, synths, effects, mixers, etc. for FREE - it doesn't seem to register with people who more often than not are broke, or just being curious anyways.

Pretty sad..

These are perfectly good cards with NO latency - unless you're anal in your freaking MIDI response (or whatever).

I thought out of creative courtesy I would sell my cards (for a GREAT price), since they have basically been relegated to basic routing boxes in my studio. I'm doing more remote recording on my laptop and am just not using them much anymore.

I'm still posting on this and other forums, ebay, Craig's list, etc. with no go. after two months.

Oh well...

Greg
valis

Post by valis »

But for the same price people can get dsp from emu! :P
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

valis wrote:But for the same price people can get dsp from emu! :P
the emu is a very professional chip that does nice EAX effects :lol: