Using 3.01 Scope.rgy with 4.5

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

peksi

Using 3.01 Scope.rgy with 4.5

Post by peksi »

I've downloaded the newest 4.5 version of Scope software and tried importing the old 3.01 Scope.rgy file to unlock it but I couldn't proceed. The "next" button did not activate. Does anyone know if I'm entitled to upgrade from version 3 to 4.5? I have pulsar cards 1 and 2, bought around 2000. Thanks for any help :)
astroman

Post by astroman »

you can import all your device keys from that old Scope.rgy file, but you need a new 4.0/4.5 SFP key. The key of the base software is free, but must be requested, the additional devices (packages vary from card or previous license) are not.

cheers, tom
peksi

Post by peksi »

Thanks. I emailed creamware and hopefully they come up with some sort of answer. That 4.5 install disabled my 3.01 driver and crippled my audio so hope they won't take ages.

It's been 2-3 years since I played with my Pulsars and I gotta admit I feel very exited :)

I've got a new idea: Nowdays there seem to be quite a few nice software synths available to Linux. I have a few semi-old PCs lying around so I though I'd install Linuxes in them, insert sound and MIDI interface cards (happen to have old MPU-401 cards), install ALSA and JACK environments and Linux software synthesizers. That way I can have approx 2-10 synths doing strange sounds. Although I have to admit I haven't listened to any of those "nice" software synths but... :)
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Just try to backup the entire old SFP dir into another HD and delete it from the original path.
Then install 4.5 into a fresh new directory with new allkeys.
In this way the "next" button in the setup should be acessible.
After the first run of new 4.5, switch off Scope OS and copy all your old devices and settings from your previous backup.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
peksi

Post by peksi »

I'll try that one, thanks!