Dual Core In Action w/ASBs

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Post by dawman »

Well if anyone wants to know if Dual Core is good for music, I saw a pretty impressive set-up last night. It was a tribute to Ozzy band w/ keyboards. These guys had it down pretty good. I have always loved Sabbath since I was a boy, and these guys made me throw whats left of my hair around. The keyboard guy doubled on guitar and had backing vocal tracks w/ Pro 12 ASB kicking in. They even had the air raid sirens and lights going on War Pigs.
It was an Intel board w/ the 820 CPU. The host was Sonar 4.0. I am not familiar w/ that app., but it seemed to have plenty of power to spare. 8 vocal tracks w/ several MIDI and VSTi tracks also. They had an old J.L.Cooper MIDI light set-up also. At any rate it performed flawlessly and gave the group alot freedom for stunts.i.e. Ozzy pretended to fall asleep, then the guitar roady came out w/ pills and fake lines of coke to revive him. I damn near died. Guess you had to be there. The one thing I noticed is that in a live venue the VSTi's and VST FX sounded fine, but once the ASB kicked in it was evident of the power of DSPs. It juiced up the mix alot. I thought damn if his sounds that good I know my Solaris must really scream. I just pray I can keep using my cards for a long time.For Scope rules in a live venue. I think Vegas is a great place to show off ASBs, and Scope DSP cards. I hope to see CWA sell alot of these, so they can continue to support us Pulsarians.

I'm Modulating,
arela

Post by arela »

hmmm the only performance i remember from Vegas, was rabbit-tailed girls, giving me drinks :smile:

I would have loved to be on this concert.
Speaking of nostalgy, my new love is the vault radio (www.wolfgangsvault.com)
dawman

Post by dawman »

We have plenty of that too. I'm leaving to go work right now, but the dance floors are filled up here every night till 4am with lots of fine trim. I could never possibly leave this career for another. For the absense of fine trim would be my demise.

To The Victors Go The DSPs,