Is Scope compatible with touchscreen LCDs ?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Post by dawman »

Ebay is selling BN 18" touchscreen LCDs for 225 USD. Just wondering if it is able to function with routing window of Scope. Once again I must show my lack of knowledge to fellow pulsarians, and hope the usual knowledgable reply will not be cruel.

Strength And Honor,
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

it should work, but i don't know about how precise is that monitor, for example fine tuning the faders of a mixer....
astroman

Post by astroman »

it s*cks completely - due to one tiny single bit:
you cannot nail the devices to their surface position, so whenever your finger is a little inprecise you won't move a fader but the mixer...

this feature can drive you nuts and according to CWA's tech support it cannot even be changed, at least that's what they told me on the phone - though I cannot really believe that.

cheers, Tom
dawman

Post by dawman »

Astro,
Speak of the Devil!
Just sent you an email. Well I tried. Do you think that these features can be disabled? Cause the LCD in discussion, is the only one that will fit my rackmounted keyboard stand enclosure. NEC LCD 1860NX. It's not imperative that the touch functions work, only a bonus. I'd hate to buy something that I cant use.

Be Fruitful And Multiply,
astroman

Post by astroman »

well, it depends of course how the surface is programmed, but there's already a button to 'keep the device on top' - so, why not one that makes it 'non_dragable' ?
The region of this kind of mouse event is checked anyway (which control is moved ? no control hit, drag the thing).

In fact I'd even appreciate a 'nail it' button for mouse only use (and even asked for it on a wish list once upon a time) :grin:

cheers, Tom
jazzyjoepass

Post by jazzyjoepass »

Could you tell me whether the LCD panel works with the touchscreen?

I'm just coincidently looking at that as a alternative solution to getting a control surface.

On 2005-11-20 16:43, scope4live wrote:
Astro,
Speak of the Devil!
Just sent you an email. Well I tried. Do you think that these features can be disabled? Cause the LCD in discussion, is the only one that will fit my rackmounted keyboard stand enclosure. NEC LCD 1860NX. It's not imperative that the touch functions work, only a bonus. I'd hate to buy something that I cant use.

Be Fruitful And Multiply,

astroman

Post by astroman »

the optical part of the LCD is completely independent from the control surface, that transmits the pen or finger actions.
There are different methods of movement detection, which are usually linked directly to the mouse control and set to fixed instead of relative point transmission.
In that sense they are very easy to integrate.

For convenience the sensitive surface with it's controller is often bundled with a display, but you can buy them separately.
As an industrial tool those items aren't exactly cheapo in small amounts, so a fully equipped display is probably more economic.

But as said, the Scope GUI is just lousy in this context, happy routing and moving of small controllers... (well, even the bigger ones will be fun near end positions) :razz:
It's unavoidable to miss the right point from time to time and then the whole thing shifts around :roll:

Not to forget that with 'regular' surfaces you can only track one single point, so no simultaneous fader movements.
There might be newer panels capable of trcking multiple points, tho.

cheers, Tom