Questions about buying second hand Pulsar

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Micronesia

Post by Micronesia »

Hello

I have just found a guy that wants to sell me a Pulsar and i need some help since im a little confused.

What is the difference between a Pulsar XTC Pro and just a Pulsar 2?

First of all - when buying a second hand pulsar - do you have the right to use it exactly like a "Scope Project" after downloading Scope 4.0?

Does it cost me anything using Scope 4.0?

If the person have bought licences for say, Minimax when the Scope software was at version 3.0, will the plugins work under 4.0 without any problems, is there otherwise free updates for download?
In other words do you have to pay again for using the plugins in the updated scope version?

To sum it all up - what will i have to pay except for the card itself to keep it up to date?
Micronesia

Post by Micronesia »

I asked specific what software licenses he owned and he sent me a list of all software he had available to "activate" after a login on "my page" on the creamware site.

And here is the list

" B-2003
" EDS 16i
" Effects Package I
" Effects Package II
" GraphEQ/s v3.0
" Interpole
" Main Studiotools Package
" Master Verb Pro
" MINIMAX
" Mixer Package II
" Modular III
" Modular V2
" OptiMaster
" Poison FM
" Pro-One
" PSY Q
" Pulsar XTC
" SB 404
" SCOPE 4.0 Software
" SCOPE Fusion Platform
" Six-String
" STS-5000
" Synthesizer Package I
" Synthesizer Package II
" Vectron
" Vintage Compressor
" Vocodizer
" Volkszämpler SFP

Will it be any trouble for me as a second hand user obtaining these softwares with his licenses?

And what about that he mentions Pro one in the list - i thought that had been updated to Pro Tone. Is Pro One still available for download?

Its all confusing for me :sad:

He says that he never have run his card on Scope 4.0 so he is not sure if it will work..

Advice please... should i worry?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micronesia on 2005-11-16 22:45 ]</font>
garyb

Post by garyb »

there should be no problem with the key tranfers. the pro one and protone are functionally identical, no problem there. a scope project card and an xtc card with an i/o plate are the same hardware, so no problem there. you will be able to use 4.0 software as soon as you are registered. register to rb[at]creamware.de when you get the card. write a short, polite note explaining your purchase, your name address and phone #, and the serial # of the card. Ralf is a good guy and he'll certainly help you.

the best situation would be for the original owner to email Ralf as well, of course. there's a lot more there than just the project package, so have fun! there's no cost for 4.0 and paid devices in 3x will work in 4x, don't worry. there is a download of the 4.0 software on the net, but the installer on the cd seems to work a little better. you can get a copy from the nearest dealer or distributor for little or no money, so it's worth asking for it, if you have problems getting it let me know. all the creamware made devices in the cwa shop are in the install for the most part, you will be able to get individual downloads on all devices as well.

when you install the card, it's always a good idea to do a fresh install of the operating system after a repartition and reinstall. the scope world is very powerful, but it works best when set up properly from the start. :wink: if you need help, there are directions in several of these forum catagories including(yes) tips and tricks. still, if you need help ask and someone here will get you going properly, it's really not very hard although some here ARE obsessed with wringing that last bit of performance out of the system and can make it look tough... :wink: get ready to read the manual and learn a few terms, although once you get the idea, using scope is as easy as any piece of hardware and it's a very intuitive bit of software.

welcome!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: garyb on 2005-11-17 00:59 ]</font>
Micronesia

Post by Micronesia »

Thanks for the reply Gary.

"there is a download of the 4.0 software on the net, but the installer on the cd seems to work a little better"

How is this true? I mean, is not the files on the net the same on the cd? Why having different files up on the net then on the cd? Makes no sense

Also - what is the deal with ASPI drivers?

"Important note: Under Windows 2000 / XP, make sure to have the latest Adaptec ASPI layer installed which is available at Adaptec's website. Otherwise the software can possibly not be installed."

What are they used for? I wont make use of any ASIO functions, only use it as an external synth & effect device.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micronesia on 2005-11-18 04:29 ]</font>
garyb

Post by garyb »

don't worry about the aspi drivers, and you know, as to the download or the cd, you can do it however you like. i'm just giving my experience on about a dozen different machines.....life doesn't always make sense, nor does it have to... :wink:

pity you won't use the asio drivers. scope is a cooler soundcard than it is a synth and that's saying something....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: garyb on 2005-11-18 04:45 ]</font>
okantah

Post by okantah »

Micronesia go for it B4 it's get late,you can use his allkeys as long untill the new scope release.you get the best stuff on the card.
cheers
dawman

Post by dawman »

Hey let's encourage him to buy new stuff so CWA can remain competitive and prosper. You don't want to sell your buddy a used car now would you. Wait, don't answer that.
Micronesia

Post by Micronesia »

:razz:

Well i will not buy a new Project card - but i probably will buy some synthesizers like profit 5 and prodyssey - and if everything sounds as good as people say it do - i might just buy add a 14sharc dsp board in the future.
Micronesia

Post by Micronesia »

help!!

I have just recieved a Pulsar 2 card that i bought second hand (not the one with the software package above though)

And the only thing i recieved with the card was a cd with free third party devices and the serial number for the card.

When i asked what software that would be with the card he said that except for the standard bundle i would get synth & sampler as well as mix & master pack.

Can i activate all these softwares just using my pulsar card serialnumber? Or should i have recieved more things then only this? Im getting a little scared i might have gotten ripped off here..! :sad:
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Stay calm man, you're fine with just the board number. Make sure you ask for the allkeys file too. Once it's activated, you'll see all the software you have with your own 2 eyes :wink:
Micronesia

Post by Micronesia »

Should i get this allkeys file from the seller or from creamware?

Also - do i have to install a driver in windows for the pulsar card or is it only a matter of installing the card and then the Scope software?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micronesia on 2005-11-22 12:21 ]</font>
astroman

Post by astroman »

did you get his account data/password ?
Micronesia

Post by Micronesia »

On 2005-11-22 12:37, astroman wrote:
did you get his account data/password ?
No :sad:

Only the card itself plus the cd.
The only thing i have is the cards serial number.

Is it possible to install the card and scope software for now just to see that the card is ok? Or would i be promted when installing scope for a activation key?
astroman

Post by astroman »

exactly, the serial is useless without activation - either online or keyfile on disk.
Did you get my private message - look at the top right of the screen ?

cheers, tom

Post by Guest »

Key codes are a MUST in order to install the basic Scope software as well as the extra devices.

You can contact ralf (rb@creamware.de) with the SN of the card and your name and address and ask him to create a new account for you and have ralf email you the allkeyfile for that card.

SN is located on back of the card itself.

these steps are a must before you can install the card if you don't have the allkey file from the seller.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: antar on 2005-11-22 13:05 ]</font>
garyb

Post by garyb »

i think you will need to choose mix and master OR synth and sampler, and as the card is used, that may already be decided. it would help if the prior owner would email Ralf as well. it would help more, if he would email you the keycodes so that you could enter them manually in the mean time.

still, you got a great card and it's really just a matter of time until satisfaction...

just write Ralf a polite email explaining the situation, briefly and clearly. include your name, address, email the board's serial number and ask him for the pack you want and the allkeys file. as i said, you may not have a choice of s&s or m&m as the original keys may be all you get, but most of those cards sold recently came with one or the other pack. the 4.0 software is bundled with the driver. you will need to install it, but that's no big deal as windows does that.

it would be a good idea to repartition and format your hard drive and then reinstall windows(after backing up your personal files). that would allow you to set up xp for your audio purposes and get a more stable and useful machine(see the tips and tricks forum and ask questions, it's really not that hard, if it is a little tedious).
Micronesia

Post by Micronesia »

I know you cant get both with a new card but i asked him about this before purchasing and he told me had both additional software except for the included.

I have already emailed Ralf and im going to try to get a hold of the seller today.
Micronesia

Post by Micronesia »

I just got an email from Ralf and he sent me an allkeys.skf file.

I opened this file in notepad to see what softwares i had available.
And i cant find any key to the Mix N Master or Synth N Samplers package???

In the email Ralf also supplied me with a link to download "optionally devices (Oxe files)"
And on the ftp i could find
Mix N Master nokeys .oxe
as well as
Synth N Sampler nokeys .oxe

Im confused... will i be able to use these software packages even though i cant find a key for them in the allkeys file???

Please help im starting to think the seller has not been true with me when he told me he had also bought Synth N Sampler & Mix N Master and that i would recieve these with the purchase!

And i still havent been able to contact the seller.. Not by email or telephone

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micronesia on 2005-11-23 02:16 ]</font>
Micronesia

Post by Micronesia »

Never mind. I got a reply from Ralf.
I need a key for those packages or a invoice for the purchase...

So if i cant get in contact with the seller it means no software packages for me.

I have tried the card now and it seems to work ok though..

But this is really pissing me off, if he lied about what software that would be included with the card purchase!!
Micronesia

Post by Micronesia »

Aah.. Never jump to conclusions :smile:

I have just been in contact with him, and he
is just simply very busy right now but he told
me that he would contact Creamware and tell i was the owener of these software packages.
As well as transfer his my account to me...

Now i can get into relax mode again..

I have just tried 007 as well as Lightwave and these are great sounding synthesizers!
I cant wait to try Minimax!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micronesia on 2005-11-23 04:15 ]</font>