Z-Link Removal / Now Adat Ports not working?? Help! :)

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

inspirationsounds

Post by inspirationsounds »

Hi all,

I own a Pulsar II Pro and about two years ago I sold my Creamware A16 and Z-link board as I was strapped for cash.... I have now re-attached the original daughterboard and for some reason none of the Digital Outs are working (Adat or SPDIF).... I get two red lights out of the ADAT inputs but nothing from the outputs, and I am not sure if the SPDIF is working or not (in or out) as it is not syncing with my 01V96.

I can't remember if I changed any jumpers or settings on the Pulsar II board when I originally installed the Z-link upgrade (as I am thinking that if I did I would need to change it back to the original settings to get the Adat and SPDIFs back on track).

I have just bought an 01V96 and I having a nightmare with this. If anyone else has either had this experience or knows how to fix this issue then I would be really grateful for some insight or solutions :smile:

Best wishes,

Jan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: inspirationsounds on 2005-09-29 17:31 ]</font>

Post by Guest »

did you remove the old software version when you had the Zlink plate? the software will always remember the old setting for the drivers and I/O modules.

remove the driver and scope software and reload itso it see the new classic I/O.

There is no jumpers to mess with on the I/O plate.
plate.

of course all project with Zlink modules won't load without error.
jabney

Post by jabney »

hi Jan,

You said, " I get two red lights out of the ADAT inputs but nothing from the outputs"

Maybe it could be this simple:

The signal is passed by the red light, so the sockets showing the red light are the outputs. The dark sockets are the inputs.

best,

John

Post by Guest »

John,

your answer is a given but you never know. some may not know how ADAT signal works.

I may add
light to no light
no light to light
blazesboylan

Post by blazesboylan »

Agreed except for one thing: the LED at the ADAT output is *not* the signal itself! :lol:
inspirationsounds

Post by inspirationsounds »

Hi all, thanks for your messages and advice, I have tried connecting the red light (out of Creamware) to the ADAT in on my 01v96, but still no joy. In fact, the 01v96 is really bugging me this week, the user interface could have been made a lot simpler. I can't get any ADAT or SPDIF in and out of this "digital mixer". I am sure it's a great mixer once it is doing everything correctly, but right now I have no DIGI inputs, and although the USB drivers are installed on the PC and working fine, the PC can only send data to the 01V96. There is something about device ID's in the manual but i can't get my head around it. And studio manager won't work properly until I do.

Can anyone provide simple instructions for how to get the 01V96 to connect perfectly to the Pulsar II? I really need help here as I am totally stuck, and Yamaha's manual does not cover anything I am experiencing. And my Pulsar manual is as old as my pulsar, 5 years! :smile:

Best wishes,

Jan

P.S I will send whoever gives me the answer to these two questions £10 by Paypal! This is how desperate I am to get it resolved :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: inspirationsounds on 2005-10-01 14:07 ]</font>