Buying from Forum

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Individu

Post by Individu »

Guys, Please tell. I like some of the selling products and offers that I see on the Forum. But how would I know the person will actually send me the product after they got my money. Some of these stuf cost alot. Any suggestions?
symbiote

Post by symbiote »

Mm, get their address and phone number and see if they match. Call them up and talk with them and see what kind of person they are. Ask other people on the forum if they've done business with the person. Stay away from PO boxes. :razz:

If you want something safer, there are some escrow services around you can use.
wolf

Post by wolf »

If someone wouldn't send you a product you bought, it would immedeatly pop up in this forum. If it pops up, the person in question would never be able to sell anything.
Then you usually buy the devices via shareit or other services. Calling them would make the person in question get some trouble as they have a business relationship.

On the other hand we as developers can only loose, if we wouldn't send out devices as soon as we receive the successful money transfer notion.

Hope this scatters your doubts a bit ..

kind regards
Wolfgang
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Personally, I must admit, that I am sometimes a bit sceptic, when somebody in their first post or so here at the planet tries to sell something. If on the other hand, steady old timers like astroman or hubird (and there are many more) or former steady old timers like Samplair (who apears to be more bussy (making music, hopefully) now) tries to sell something, then I would definitely not worry about that.

If you start to hang our more here, you will by time probably notice, that it is possible to gain faith in people, whom you have never seen - or even heard.

Apart from that, there is no added special security by dealing "thru" PlanetZ. Follow your guts and if it is hardware, and not too many *00 km away, maybe considder picking it up and testing it in person.
wolf

Post by wolf »

errh, yes, I completely forgot, that there is a 2nd hand devices section ..
must be, because I thought not even a second about selling any of the devs, I've bought :wink:
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

About buying from developers, I have never heard of anybody not getting, what they payed for. Many people feel they wait for long in silence, when buying from Sonic Timeworks, but I never heard of anybody, who didn't get their stuff (within a week or so?).
hubird

Post by hubird »

last week a telli consumer program reported about a girl who bought a laptop from someone who lives in London.
She sent him the mony but never got the thing.
I listened with a half ear, but I think he also sent her an email with a link to the TNT site, but this site was an illegal remake, a copy made by the swindler!
There she could 'check' that he had given the laptop to TNT for cargoing.
in red letters the page was saying 'never call TNT' or something alike.
Yes, stupid girl, haha, but she was blond, so...
Conclusion: take care, but know when to trust someone, and run some checks by phong, emailing etc.
A year ago I bought an XTC card from a new planetz member, and I payed by internet banking.
After some emails I felt absolutely sure about that person.

Also, if I'm wright, with internet banking you can recall the mony transfer during a month or so.
You could check the account with the bank owner and ask how long already that that account exist.
And indeed, checking the address and phone number (not mobile :smile: ) is also a smart thing to do, it locates the eventual swindler for the police.

The greatest certainty however do you get from someone who's present on planetz sometime already.
Because I'm sure our moderator would immediately remove the bastard's account from planetz, and THAT is one punishment :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2004-12-05 19:49 ]</font>
Mehdi_T

Post by Mehdi_T »

As a designer for scope, I am having great fun taking all my days and night making devices that i sell and never send to anyone :smile: That way, I will get a very good reputation for the future and will probably sell millions ... :grin:
Look for customer reports about the devices.
For spacef, you know wait 1 week/10 days because it is postal mail. I am waiting for the first orders to revive the personal download pages. nobody's obliged though..

http://www.spacef.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mehdi_T on 2004-12-05 20:04 ]</font>
blazesboylan

Post by blazesboylan »

Same rules for EBay etc. If you're suspicious, buy from a dealer. (Sorry for the plug. :grin:)

If you're not suspicious, you'll save money most of the time and, statistically speaking, get burned occasionally.

Take your pick.

I've only bought 1 A16 Ultra here, and it arrive in absolutely mint condition. Not even any rack rash.

Cheers and good luck,

Johann

Post by Guest »

AXE music