registration micro mixer???????

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

mrvinyl

Post by mrvinyl »

listen, I am baffled, I own a pulsar 1 board and have done for about 5 years now, ive just bought a new pc re-installed my card and software 3.1 now every now and again i'm getting a window pop up when I boot up saying, dont mess about with the copy protection, and a window asking me to input the serial no, and activation key for the micro mixer, whats all that about, I bought my card brand new????
I didnt even think you had to register the micro mixer, I never have b4

any help really appreciated cheers

oh and the reason i'm on here and not hassling creamware, is because I already have hassled creamware and had no replies........:0(
astroman

Post by astroman »

have fun with a search for 'copy protection violation error' and see which applies best to your setup :wink:
The message is a 'false' alarm.
If not related to the installation it could also be triggered by certain virus protection software.

cheers, Tom
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

I seem to recall that I had a similar problem with the micro mixer device at one point. I have a feeling it was to do with it being included as part of the mixer package II or Pro Pack, can't exactly remember now. But I do remember that I was told to just replace that version of the micro mixer with an earlier version, and that fixed the problem. Look in your earlier version OS setup files, I think 3.0 or around there and just extract and replace the 3.1c version with that one. I hope that works, but if not then let us know. Good luck
mrvinyl

Post by mrvinyl »

the only thing that i could find was the micro mixer in devices back up, so i dropped that over the top of the one in devices folder, and still no joy, any other ideas, ive done asearch on copy protection violation error and cant find anything that suits my system

p4 hyperthread 3gig
pulsar 1 board, 3.1 software
xtc mode activated

i keep getting the occasional black screen restart when rewireing projects to sx aswell

please help, really frustrated want to get on without the hassle, thanks
mrvinyl

Post by mrvinyl »

also doh! ive just checked and i'm running pulsar II SFP3.01
im d/l SFP3.1c from creamware hq now
astroman

Post by astroman »

I'm no expert on that scale of tweaking, but:

hyperthreading is a kind of multiprocessing (a fake though, yet it is)
that problem was reported in multi-cpu context...
a Pulsar One on such a system in XTC mode is rather exotic - it may just not fit.

Don't get this wrong, I'm running a Pulsar One myself and recently aquired a 2nd hand companion of the same type - I considered it more 'harmonic' to have only one type of IO system :grin:

cheers, Tom
mrvinyl

Post by mrvinyl »

it all worked fine on my p3 500mhz system (not amazingly, but it worked).
only since ive bought a new motherboard and p4 and reformatted the drive ive started getting this problem
AudioIrony

Post by AudioIrony »

On the old Creamware site - it says that this problem will occur with dynamic mixer and micro mixer and is related to the fact that these became part of a bundle.
I says to just replace the two mixers with the original ones from an old install or your install CD
If you as a Pulsar user want to use the MicroMixer and DynamicMixer, which are now key-protected components of Mixer Package I, you can use the devices from your previous installation (or the Pulsar installation CD). When they load the first time, just enter your old Pulsar key.
http://www.creamware.de/en/Service/tipstricks/sfp.asp

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blgrace on 2004-04-06 23:55 ]</font>
mrvinyl

Post by mrvinyl »

thanks for taking the time to post that, very helpful.

but I dug out my original software cd that came with pulsar 1 (sfp 1.03)

looked for the file to replace my micro mixer, all I can find is the dynamic mixer

uh! im really confused now, but my pc is still rebooting at random moments, which is really getting on my t*ts, always happens when im full on into a tune.

i have entered my original serial number, but it wont take it.

any more help/tips would be great
thanks

p.s. creamware hq still haven't replied, they are slower than the royal mail
medusa13

Post by medusa13 »

That window popped up to me a couple of times until I realized it either had to do with the board itself or the MIDI and S/PDIF connectors on my pulsar card.
The thing is I'd got this nice optic fiber cables. Opposed to the original Alesis ones I had before, the new ones had really big connectors, so when I plugged this cables, the MIDI and S/PDIF connectors were kind of loose. That's when this message started to show up.
After removing the card from its PCI slot and connecting all the cables properly, I never saw this message again.
Hope it works for you.

Medusa