New plugins available for SCOPE on S|C website

dNa Devices discussion & support

Moderators: valis, RA

RA

Re: New plugins available for SCOPE on S|C website

Post by RA »

Well....i'll let another cat out of the bag ;-)
Indeed i am working on a "modulation kind of plugin".....but that's all i'm gonna give away haha ;-) just stay tuned....you guys know there's a lot of work and tuning involved in the plugins and in keeping you guys&gals happy lol

On the dNa site there are good screenshots of the plugins btw so you can them out in advance.

Sidechain stuff i left out because a lot of people don't know what that is or how to use....i made these plugs and put a lot of work in modifying and tuning the sidechain making sure you get the most out of it(edit: that is in a fast and easy way)....I did a lot of considering, but then again....you get more parameters and knobs which disturb the GUI. And adding that is kinda like having a great lambourghini-car, and giving the option for putting in your own engine....?!?? But as you will probably know....i will think about it....we'll see. That's is why i came up with the SC-filter the way the are now, which can do 99% of the jobs. The new MonoCOMP has de-essing filters btw. You probably want something SC-ed on the kick or bass right? hehe....

@hubird...but i don't actually know if there were drivers for the tripledat system on mac (ask garyb)...and if...then they probably were on mac os9...not OSX...you should check that first ofcourse...If i remember correctly tripledat worked with it's own files.....tds. (underneath it was a wav with different headers) but i don't know or remember if it could import wav/aif...There a again better solutions which come close to the osiris plugin, and do an even better task....i remember seeing something at a mastering studio i think it was called soundsoap or something....you could select a part of a spectrum, and it would just vanish!!!!! so a thump or something in a recording...just select and *MAGIC*.....clean ;-)

(edit: nope wasn't soundsoap what i saw...but looks also good, and might do the job well...maybe try out? Edit2: might indeed have been...bias ceased in 2012...so maybe different gui)

off to work guys
cheers,ray
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
garyb

Post by garyb »

TripleDAT=ISA slots...the later version was called TripleDAT XP, so i doubt it.

the thing is, with something like that, you're just putting together a single purpose dedicated machine. platform is meaningless. TDAT was made to run on very old computers. running that is kinda like running Cakewalk on an ATARI. if you like it, you use it as it is. you wouldn't want to browse the net or watch a movie with the thing, that's for sure.
RA

Post by RA »

ISA, you're right...later i combined that with the on of the first Pulsar 1 on v2.04(that was a BIG investement for me)....able to recording 32 track i/o on a P2(350mHz)!!! 128MB memory WOW...scsi disks....hung the HDD's in a "net" made from the innertubes of bicycles(silencing the disks)...Cubase 3.5, windows 98se.....those were the days ;-)....guerilla pc recording...I still keep that mobo...just for the memory of it....thanks gary for those memories :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

Actually I like Compressors as Limiters using high ratios, and I really like using SBX
or an EQ on Solaris where I boost all high freq. content, cut the low end and send
that as a Sidechain over the Analog SE-1X which goes directly into the Compressor.
Without this tactic the Analog beast just overwhelms the DSP plug ins in all frequency
ranges, it's just too powerful.
So this makes Solaris blend really well when playing both, and as Solaris sounds fade
the SE-1xs higher content sneaks back in with the set attatck and release values.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (89.55 KiB) Viewed 13547 times
RA

Post by RA »

You can try the SMACK! modus combined with the Analog feature from the MasterCOMP to do a "comparable way"...use the modern sc modus for the higher ratio.

Actually on this screenshot you are overloading the inputs, better back it of a little bit....(or is this just a fast setup to demonstrate?)
Maybe an open door, nut leave some headroom...it all eventually ends up at 0dBFS max at mixing stage ;-)

Edit...Ooops: thought you connected the solaris to comp also(need glasses ;-)....now i see you don't have....The above doesn't apply to your setup-situation....lol
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

Looking forward to your new plug-ins, Ray! Great thanks for making these! :)
Just wondering why there are no text fields on the Summer of 82 to name the buses.
Any chance to add these?
RA

Post by RA »

Hi SunMachine,

well, sometime i just fight for room/place on a GUI...there is a solo-function so you can pinpoint and solo out a submix.
(the solo-funtion is only on the CR out....there is a stereo output which is left untouched....just like a big hardwaremixer ;-)
But you're right....i will look into this again, on how to make room somehow, because maybe it would be easier for a lot of people....
(i myself have a "sort of fixed lineup", and worked like a charm for me), but that would be in an update i guess...got some other stuff
to do first....let's first see how people like it in daily use...

Edit...will fix naming in the next few days...so little update on that...

@Shogunspy....Yes, already in shop, but....just wait for a few moments, you will know why...you're just too fast man! lol
Last edited by RA on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShogunSpy

Post by ShogunSpy »

There already for sale at Sonic Core!
http://www.sonic-core.net/shop/index.ph ... lter_id=17
ehasting

Post by ehasting »

Lgreat effort!! I just love your mastering plugs! And the mix plug got my attention.. How do they differ from the mastering?
Higen
http://www.scopeportal.com - Community Sonic Core SCOPE Plugins and Devices
http://www.higen.org
dawman

Post by dawman »

Good eye RA, but you're right the lack of a connection means I can listen as
I drive up the output levels and the difference (sweet spot) is right where it
is set.
Since I rarely do leads using the SE-1x, just low end licks and drone notes,
it's just right for what I need.
SBX was chosen after trying severla EQs and Fiters.
It acts as a Multi Filter with many more options than LPF, BPF, HPF and APF.

I am getting the DAW pack on next payday..... :lol:
Christmass present to myself.

Do they have screenset capability yet.....?
And do the older plugs have that yet, if so where can I can get the newer versions, at the FTP Site...?
RA

Post by RA »

@Ehasting

thanks! Nice to hear you're having fun with them

Well it's a tad lighter on dsp, also mono-version with de-essing, both have other optimised SC filtering than the MasterCOMP.
Both have 4 preset attach/release...so even easier setting. ultra, fast, medium and slow...and a variable release...just for dialing in on your source...
*EDIT: both have external sidechaining!

While mixing you even want to set your gear faster then while mastering...again: set and forget, you think: that guitar needs some compression with some attack...plug in the monoCOMP, medium to slow attack, fast to medium release or dial in variable, ratio about 3/3.5 set your threshold, re-gain the level and go on..shouldn't take you longer than 30 secs..go back to the flow of the song..and the monocomp isn't just one channel of the stereocomp...

All these optimisations come from years of working with different gear, talking with colleagues and having tried a lot of settings on all kinds of sources....you then know which things work, and which are obsolete.

MasterCOMP is really dedicated for complex mixes and really aimed at mastering...although it can be used on stereo-sources....but it's overkill on DSP and functionallity for that...The stereoCOMP is a little to simple for mastering....then again....not everyone wants to do mastering on Scope...some want good mixing compressors...here they are...although there are some overlappings in features(didn't want to make the plugs to simplified), they each fulfill their own need.

So same quality, user friendly, aimed at sources in mixing....all the plugins together make a good workflow which for me just works...

You make the choice which pack suits your needs...they're all very good in their line of duty...

@DAWMAN haha yes, from now on i'll make sure i have that screenset feature in there for you ;-)...The updated versions should be online any day now...s|c has some priorities with these packs....check your mail in the next few days i guess ;-) have fun making music live! you have some sets somewhere we can listen to? Edit: Dude...glasses ey......your signature....i'll give it a listen....think i better go to bed now lol
Last edited by RA on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am a ghost unless you're here in Vegas. But there's some snippets below in soundcloud.
Check out the tunes in the Kontakt Set. Other sets are just preset examples of Modular and Solaris.

Looking forward to Christmas gifts for myself now.
ShogunSpy

Post by ShogunSpy »

dawman wrote: Looking forward to Christmas gifts for myself now.
Attachments
kaymartin.jpg
kaymartin.jpg (82.46 KiB) Viewed 13430 times
bds.jpg
bds.jpg (27.97 KiB) Viewed 13431 times
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

RA, I have a couple questions.

1. I noticed that CompANY-XT is in the Mastering bundle with MasterCOMP and Stereoequaliser on SonicCore's website in the manufacturers listing section but it is NOT included in the bundle in the Shop area. In the Shop only MasterCOMP and Stereoequaliser are in the bundle. Out of your latest releases CompANY-XT is the plugin I'm interested in buying now cause I feel its M/S features may serve me best right now, but it does not seem to be listed in the shop area only on the manufacturer's section of SonicCore's website. If I buy the shop's Mastering bundle will CompANY-XT come included or not? Here's the info link - http://sonic-core.net/joomla.soniccore/ ... 36&lang=us

2. I already own MasterCOMP and Stereoequaliser so if I buy the Mastering bundle i'll get duplicate licenses of those two, will I be able to transfer the duplicate licenses to different SCOPE hardware in the future? If not it's not a problem since the plugins are priced so low with very high quality to began with.

PS. Why such a plain name for a dynamite eq (StereoEqualiser} ?
RA

Post by RA »

Hi Sounddesigner,

You did see that well....we'll correct that, thanks for thinking along.

Since you purchased both plugins earlier, you should be in for a surprise....you will be granted the dNa-CompANY-XT ;-) There are some small updates in the "old" plugs, which are listed on the dNaMusic.nl site a the plugin pages (change log @ bottom of pages). Get in touch with S|C tomorrow, 'cause it's weekend ;-) for that license. I think you will be able to get the updated plugs then also.

Prices are still low enough to be interesting(mastering bundle is priced the same as the both plugins cost previously together), 'cause for customers bundles are actually more interesting...so that's why the different coarse... cough * stay tuned for the s|c mailing * cough

Tsja...the plain name....it's says what is does i guess ;-) Better a plain name than a plain game LOL

General last minute additions/updates to the new plugins:
-Summer of 82, groups can be named
-Both MixComp's also have external sidechaining, that you can use the dNa filters on.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

RA wrote:Hi Sounddesigner,

Why isn´t there a deal for all 3 bundles,- let´ say for EUR 150.- ?

When I want all your plugins,- I´d have to buy 2 bundles (for EUR 188.-) but have 2 of the plugins twice then.

Bud
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Bud Weiser wrote: Why isn´t there a deal for all 3 bundles,- let´ say for EUR 150.- ?

When I want all your plugins,- I´d have to buy 2 bundles (for EUR 188.-) but have 2 of the plugins twice then.

Bud
Have patience... there's a few hints that there might be something Christmassy heading our way.
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

RA wrote: General last minute additions/updates to the new plugins:
-Both MixComp's also have external sidechaining, that you can use the dNa filters on.
Thanks for adding the naming feature so quickly!!
I'm ready to pull the trigger for my first christmas present :D
RA

Post by RA »

Hi Bud / Mr Weiser

http://sonic-core.net/shop/

The very reason the xmas-bundle action is how it is, is mainly because of the people who already purchased the first two plugins.
If the action would have been let’s say all three bundles for 150 eu or so as you say, we asked ourselves: "then how about those who already spent
89 euro on the first two plugins",….they would have felt a bit “forgotten”….they supported dNa and S|C and should feel respected by us; as they are!
And secondly....We think the plugins are really worth at least these prices...it cost a lot of time and effort creating good quality stuff...

Now these dNa owners may choose the other plugins for solid additions to their dNa pack, while other can start their dNa toolbox with a great offer…Everyone gets a fair share…it is always hard to keep everyone happy, and we thought this would be the best option to at least give it our best try. That is why the xmas-bundle action is what it is.

dNa appreciates it’s customers and tries to listen to what their needs are and we try to meet those needs.
We do not charge extra for updates and strive for fixing possible bugs as soon as possible! We stand for quality.

Sincerely,
Ray / dNa
dNaMusic.nl
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

RA wrote:Hi Sounddesigner,

Since you purchased both plugins earlier, you should be in for a surprise....you will be granted the dNa-CompANY-XT ;-) There are some small updates in the "old" plugs, which are listed on the dNaMusic.nl site a the plugin pages (change log @ bottom of pages). Get in touch with S|C tomorrow, 'cause it's weekend ;-) for that license. I think you will be able to get the updated plugs then also.

Prices are still low enough to be interesting(mastering bundle is priced the same as the both plugins cost previously together), 'cause for customers bundles are actually more interesting...so that's why the different coarse... cough * stay tuned for the s|c mailing * cough

Tsja...the plain name....it's says what is does i guess ;-) Better a plain name than a plain game LOL

General last minute additions/updates to the new plugins:
Are you saying I just need to contact SonicCore and they'll give me the updates and company-XT for free since I own already MasterCOMP and Stereoequaliser? Did I understand you correctly?

I agree with you bundles are a great idea, and your plugins are priced so low that there shouldn't be many complaints with bundles and most should be satisfied. Your prices are insanely low (possibly too low).

As for the eq name; I try not to focus on pretty names, fancy GUI's, glitzy and glamorous advertisement, etc and only focus on soundquality and workflow usually so Stereoequaliser's name is not a problem with me. I just was curious and wondering about it since I do know some people do care more about those things. But if it works for you that's all that matters, I personally love the eq and what it brings so that is all that matters to me.

EDITED
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.