New plugins available for SCOPE on S|C website

dNa Devices discussion & support

Moderators: valis, RA

RA

Re: New plugins available for SCOPE on S|C website

Post by RA »

Hi Peeps,

We're all busy....but.....updates of the dNa-MasterComp and dNa-Stereo Equaliser are coming very, very soon! Fixed the screenset saving, and added the soloing in the SEQ. Just the things which will give those plugs just *that* little bit extra. Further more there will be some surprises.....maybe some new device......who knows?...We'll see what Santa Claus will put under your tree?? ;-)

Stay tuned, just had to share this...

The very best regards,
Ray
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ray From dNa..............Man Or Myth.

Thanks for the screensets. They are really a touch of class especially for workflow reasons and live performing.

Happy Turkey Day to all across the various Ponds too... :D
RA

Post by RA »

Hi Dawman, indeed the screenset feature is very handy! With all those screens....even with a full hd screen, it's just not big enough ;-)
Thanks for that request...had to do some diving figuring that out, but as said, details take it to the next level...sorry you had to wait this long for it ;-)
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Great to hear RA. Looking forward to the updates and to being surprised :) .
dawman

Post by dawman »

Go to the dNa site and check out the new DAW Pack and CompANY-XT.
Having all of these with Screenset recall is perfect for live work, even though I never really need to do much troubleshooting, but knowing I can summon up the necessary GUI, and having it in such a nice viewing size makes me a happy camper.

Thanks, Ready to pull the trigger any day now.
Can't wait to hear the mixers.
Marco

Post by Marco »

A Mastercompressor and a Stereo EQ ! WOW, why do you always invent the wheel again and again. I think the Price isnt hot for the thousands wheel I have already Standing at home.

I feel bored.

Please make a new Synth rebuilt like a Moog or anything. Something new. :-?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
dawman

Post by dawman »

anabella wrote: I feel bored.
That's why composition and performing are so important.
Then for those who already have everything they want but feel the need for a customized workflow there's the SDK, or Modular that can build some niche synths and FX.
A little comprehension goes a long way.
Roland Kuit

Post by Roland Kuit »

Sounddesigner wrote:I have a feeling your right on the money. I spent several hours last night testing the compressor and i must say i am VERY VERY VERY impressed. I will go as far as to say that this is the best analog-style plugin compressor i've heard and i've tried alot of the better ones out there. Mastercomp has a great ability to impart a personal sound of its own WITHOUT being too heavy-handed and bringing some unwanted characteristic/artifacts to the table. It is definitely a master and bus compressor with some personality. Glues things nicely and gives a 'record sound' while not being too heavy-handed.
This is good reading!
anabella wrote:A Mastercompressor and a Stereo EQ ! WOW, why do you always invent the wheel again and again. I think the Price isnt hot for the thousands wheel I have already Standing at home.
I feel bored.
Please make a new Synth rebuilt like a Moog or anything. Something new. :-?
You are making DNA responsible for your boredom?
Avant-electronic composer | synthesis research | lecturer
http://www.rolandkuit.com/
Roland Kuit

Post by Roland Kuit »

dawman wrote:
anabella wrote: I feel bored.
That's why composition and performing are so important.
Then for those who already have everything they want but feel the need for a customized workflow there's the SDK, or Modular that can build some niche synths and FX.
A little comprehension goes a long way.
I know lots of people who have everything but nothing is coming out of there hands.
I think having a concept (read: a clou about making art) is even more important than having tools as an artist.
Creativity is not depending or bound by tools.
Avant-electronic composer | synthesis research | lecturer
http://www.rolandkuit.com/
Marco

Post by Marco »

I understand, what you say, when Im a painter, I can paint with watercolors, oilcolors, or now the new DNA-Colors.

For me, the combination is the most important. I stay with my old Tools, and get the best out of it, because I want to make Music, and not testing 24h a day.

sonic core did a great Job!!!
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
hubird

Post by hubird »

what I miss most in Scope is a few restauration plugs, especially a decent denoiser and a declicker.

I understand your message: why again acomp or eq, which we have already a lot.

It's a bit like the discussion about toothpaste: do we need another one in the shop?
It's just, if you don't want it, don't buy it.
There's always a chance that the new product will be eigther very good or very well specialized.
Probably not the case with toothpaste, but in audio world there are no limits.

We have a wishlist section for new devices by the way :-)
Last edited by hubird on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RA

Post by RA »

Well Anabella,

Ich kann ja deutsch sprechen, also werde probieren in deutsch zu schreiben ;-)

Es ist super zu lesen das du zufrieden bist mit die plugins von S|C. Wenn die machen was du willst und suchst ist ja auch nix los....doch...oder? Aber die beiden dNa plugins sind für anderen sehr wilkommen und sehr gebrauchsfreundlich. Es sind wesentlich andere plugins als die standard plugins, und erweitern die möchlichkeiten zum mixen und mastering. Ein issue worum ich bitte....diese plugins brauchen wirklich nicht mehr getestet zu werden, weil sie functionieren einfach, und das machen die auch gut. Es gibt sehr zufriedene gebrauchern, die schnell, intuitiv ein sehr professionelles resultat machen können....ohne zu viele parametern zu programieren....set and forget. Es wundert mich wenn du so zufrieden bist, das du die mühe nimmst dich hier so negativ zu äusern, ohne eigentlich weiter zu gucken was für plugins das eigentlich sind, und welche lücke sie eigentlich füllen. Vielleich sind diese (jetzt noch) nicht für dich, das kann ja. Aber...noch immer....viel spass mit music machen mit s|c! Ein super platform!

--------

But for our fellow planetz members in english.

I can talk german, so will try writing in german as you request in your signature ;-)

It is super reading you are so fond of the s|c plugins. When they do what you want and are looking for there is no problem...right...? But the two dNa plugins are very welcome for others and are very user-friendly. They are in essence different plugins as the standard plugins, and expand the possibilities for mixing and mastering. One thing i'd like to point out; please....these plugins don't need testing! They function, and the function very well. There are very content users, who can achieve a professional result fast and intuitive. Without programming too much parameters; set and forget. It surprises me if you are so fond of s|c and their plugins, you take the effort for a rather negativ post here, without actually really looking what plugins these actually are and can do, and what void they actually fill. Maybe they're (not yet ;-) not for you....okay....But...still....have fun making music with s|c! A great platform!

But then again, everyone is entitled having their own opinion.
Yours Truly,
Ray
RA

Post by RA »

@ Hubird

didn't check it myself, but is OSIRIS XP not something for you then?...check in the webshop for that....(algorythmix)...
otherwise....some things can be done very well native. These waves and steinberg bundles...allthough not dsp
work very well. There are others ofcourse.

http://www.sonic-core.net/shop/product_ ... IS-XP.html
hubird

Post by hubird »

you're right, I I did think of TripleDAT, but forgot about Osiris XP :)
598,- a sudden is too much for Santa tho.
thanks for reminding.
RA

Post by RA »

The old tripledat plugins worked also very well btw....but "niet meer van deze tijd"....x64/win7...etc...

Waves restoration is REALLY very good....need a special purpose?
dawman

Post by dawman »

By the way RA I will be getting the DAW Pack at your site when it's ready.
A Mid/Side Summer and cool stereo Mixer just for ASIO is exactly what is needed right now as I am submixing a lot in Reaper now since I disvover their 48bit Integer mixing option.
I can group inside of the DAW then Buss them out to a Summer, then all Modular, Scope synths and external hardware can be routed into something small and specialized, and having such a large GUI and Screensets again are most welcome.
I'd love to see a jpeg. of the new CompANY-XT though if you get a chance.
Hoping for Sidechained inputs.

Thanks Again
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

dawman wrote:
Hoping for Sidechained inputs.
+1 on sidechain inputs. And I am interested in comPANY-XT and DAW pack as well.

PS. Would love to see a high-quality and flexible modulation plugin as well. I remember reading one was being worked on by dNa, if so that will be lovely as well and I would definetely buy it.
hubird

Post by hubird »

RA wrote:The old tripledat plugins worked also very well btw....but "niet meer van deze tijd"....x64/win7...etc...
could try to find one, I'm on mac by the way, an old Quicksilver for the cards :D
RA wrote:Waves restoration is REALLY very good....need a special purpose?
Would like to, but can't afford.
thank you anyway, very kind of you :)

To me it looks like restauration plugs are of a different caliber than say a psyQ, Mastercompressor, Masterverb Pro etc.
I don't know if that's because of DSP use, programming complexity, reseach possibilities or whatever.

I could think of a market for medium prised separate available plugs tho :)
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Hubird

Why do you want a real time restauration plug-in? The few times I feel a need for restauration, I'd much rather do it offline and leave the DSPs for other tasks.
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
hubird

Post by hubird »

Because I don't have one (no crks) :)
And because it would add something new to the platform base.
It's a typical offline task, you're right about that :)