Lenovo t430 notebook expresscard slot

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

Wiredo

Lenovo t430 notebook expresscard slot

Post by Wiredo »

Anyone have difficulty with xite and laptop windows 64 bit expresscard slot , on install computer saw xite, but upon opening program , all sorts of assertion failures popped up?
cortone

Re: Lenovo t430 notebook expresscard slot

Post by cortone »

I have an old HP running XITE successfully on Win10 with the expresscard.

I had some trouble recently when I updated to V7, but that was because Windows had lost the drivers during updates to the latest version (1709). Windows wouldn't see the XITE at all until I re-installed the storage drivers, and since then it has been great.

Was it working before?

In the past, I have had connection problems that turned out to be an hdmi cable that had gone bad. Make sure all of your connections are secure and clean, and that your cable is good. Does the expresscard click into place solidly? Does the mini-hdmi connection stay in place? Can you try the connectors in a different computer?
Wiredo

Post by Wiredo »

The Jedi master , Gary B., informed me about the hotfix
Wiredo

Post by Wiredo »

Cortone, it is glitchy sparsely , wouldn’t be good live , like a static sound , just one vst keyscape in bidule , only 8 gig ram, time to add more I think
Wiredo

Post by Wiredo »

What do u run your ulli settings at?, I mean I would like to run native 11 and omnisphere too
cortone

Post by cortone »

I haven't used a hotfix, what is that?

I should clarify, the drivers that I lost with Windows updates were for the expresscard slot itself. On my HP laptop, those are included with the storage drivers. I re-installed those and the expresscard started working, from there I was able see the XITE in Device Manager and install Scope V7.

I have ulli set to 6ms. I run mostly within Scope, with Cubase Pro 8.5, no VSTs.