LGA 2011 v1

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

fraz

Re: LGA 2011 v1

Post by fraz »

Mr Arkadin wrote:All failed boards were X99 variants (ASUS and Gigabit) - actually I just checked and it was X99-S that I had originally.

The good board (for me) was the ASUS Z97 Pro. Processors are i7-4790K (overclocked).

Sorry for the confusion - have edited my posts to reflect this in case anyone else comes across this thread.
One of the good things for Z97 for music enthusiasts is integrated graphics within Z97 socket 1150 which means that the VGA DVI HDMI and display port are all included on the motherboard in any combination [sort of] so there is no need for a graphics card
guppy

Post by guppy »

fraz wrote: Hi,
A bit off topic, mining alt coins , is this bit coin digital currency? - And you "mine" whilst you are sleeping with 3930 k over locked on 3 of the 6 cores.
You mine to get digital currency right?-How do you do this?
When you wake up you have digital currency that has been mined right?
What do you do then?-With this "mined" alt coins?
don't know anything about this and it's off topic slightly :lol:
Just read online it runs up your electricity bill and costs you money and your hardware gets abused and someone else makes money but not much, who would want to do this?
Yes, it's mining when i'm sleeping :)
altcoins are all alternative coins to bitcoin. i can exchange those atlcoins against btc, € or $. Or sometimes use them in specific srvices.
It costs some money, but rarely enough that you can't earn anything. Sometimes, there are some big deals too :)
with process lasso, i can dedicate some core to mining when my computer is not under heavy load with the 3970k. I largely paid my last electricity bill with that money.
you can mine with cpu and gpu, gpu works often better.
you can go to bitcointalk.org if you want to know more.
Crypto-currencies are the next threat :)
fraz

Post by fraz »

Hello Guppy,

You mention crypto currencies are the next threat - To what?

And here we are discussing Scope platform and somehow an offshoot discussion starts about altcoins / bitcoins - after mentioning Intel i7 3930k - :lol:
guppy

Post by guppy »

Next threat to our life standard :)
But i talked about mining because if a computer is ok for mining, it's ok for lots of things , mining is like a benchmark for a computer, so for me, this i3930k combined with my asus p9x79 is very solid.