Moderators: valis, garyb

garyb

Re: with 6 inputs crackles at higher sample rates

Post by garyb »

:)
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

I eventually gave up. I replaced the A16 with a Behringer FAC 1616 which gives me much more options and no crackles at all. I'm selling my Ferrofish now on reverb.com https://reverb.com/jp/item/3974335-ferr ... 2016-black, if someone is interested.
RA

Post by RA »

This is just a freaking mindboggling issue.

I know your already selling, but did you test:
connect only one of the adat's of xite to converter?

So
xite adat a > FF adat A ....and.... FF adat B
xite adat b > FF adat A ....and..... FF adat B

Question is...does it arrise the both adat's are connected

Weird thing....it works with your behringer...Does that have a remote software controlling?
Is there something in that maybe.

I had a very peculiar problem on my wav ports caused by my SATA driver which was a custom mod. Finally found better intel drivers for that, and the problem is gone.

Thing why i post this, is i would have more confidence in the quality of the FF than a behringer, althought that is not bad....but it's behringer....preamps etc rise and fall by the quality parts used in the analog part, and i really think Juergen would use better quality parts.

Well...up to you...can't believe this issue is there. ADAT is a standard, and it should not be rocketscience to get it going.

The converter got tested, the xite got tested...did the expresscard get tested? that runs through a intel driver on the mobo, which could be causing(like i said about the sata driver)....but then again....it works with the behringer....

Just sharing my thoughts here.

Best,ray
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
garyb

Post by garyb »

the computer isn't involved in the ADAT i/os in any way.
RA

Post by RA »

yes your right gary, but it is routed to mixer for giving visual representation though....does it use the xpresscard for that?

edit: and it tested correct on a pci card right?

edit2: like....gary tested the xite, juergen tested the converter....software is standard....gary has multiple systems running ok with same config....
only variable i see here is his computer

edit3: the sata bastard driver even interfered with my first gfx card. tried another for resolving the issue with the unusual behaviour on my wavedriver. Since the sata inf update i changed it back and the first gfx card works like a charm(the screen seemed to blurr). It seems i can even switch on every optimisation mobo mod that i disabled for 'optimum' dsp/daw performance, and it seems that it all still works like a charm now. But...keeping my fingers crossed. No exclemation marks or anything showed and for everything else it just worked....just that unsual wav driver and gfx issue was there, which i could work around.

btw, for the wav port ASIO4all is really the bomb if you have asio capable software, but want to keep asio drivers free for your daw. I ran cubase next to wavelab like this...why...i just like it like this ;-)

Just saying, sometimes there is strange behaviour which cannot be easily be pinpointed(and in the end you take for granted), giving problems where you'd least expect. I have never had this kind of issue. Needed the modded sata for my ssd.
Ambient Source

Post by Ambient Source »

I sold my Ferrofish for the same reason, there was nothing wrong with the FF or my Xite, I tested both with other ADAT units,
both worked fine with everything else, but wouldn't work when connected to each other. Strange stuff

I got myself 2 Behringer units and everything works, no problem.
RA

Post by RA »

That is just freaking one out ey....gary has it running....why is that???? sorry for my cursing....but WTF??!??!
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

DragonSF wrote:I eventually gave up. I replaced the A16 with a Behringer FAC 1616 which gives me much more options and no crackles at all. I'm selling my Ferrofish now on reverb.com https://reverb.com/jp/item/3974335-ferr ... 2016-black, if someone is interested.

You should hang onto it so you have a MADI capable unit when the Xite-1 MADI conversion mod kit comes out. :D :D
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, the graphical representation being in the computer doesn't mean that the actual signal goes through the computer. the Expresscard or PCIe card are not involved in any way.
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

Ambient Source wrote:I sold my Ferrofish for the same reason, there was nothing wrong with the FF or my Xite, I tested both with other ADAT units,
both worked fine with everything else, but wouldn't work when connected to each other. Strange stuff

I got myself 2 Behringer units and everything works, no problem.
Same here. I was fed up with random crackling, sometimes 1 crack in 5min, sometime just crackling. I'm not fond of Behringer myself (I was very reluctant to buy Behringer again - had some bad experience in the past), but it works as it should, sound is as good as FF (at 48KHz) and I'm fine. Also the additional features are useful (inserts on each line-in, flexible routing, ear-phone out etc). Not bad fore the price.
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

It's unfortunate that you guys couldn't resolve the problems with your A16's, but at the end of the day all that matters is you solved the problem. Best of luck! :wink:

It really is draining to have to worry about gear functioning properly. Takes all the fun out of making music sometimes.
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

It was a very expensive experience for me: to send in the Xite/A16 cost me about $160 and a day wasted to go to Tokyo customs for special export license (in order not to pay import tax again) - took 6hours by car because of usual traffic jams and the customs building is far away from any train station. Yes, ends well, but still have a bad feeling about the ADAT implementation (on either side of the TOSLINK). In theory it should work, but it doesn't.
Last edited by DragonSF on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ambient Source

Post by Ambient Source »

I wish I'd never brought the Ferrofish, I would have saved my self a lot of frustration ,time and money,
I won't be buying Ferrofish products again
RA

Post by RA »

Yes, can understand this leaves a very bad taste. Such a weird problem. :roll:
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

Ambient Source wrote:I wish I'd never brought the Ferrofish, I would have saved my self a lot of frustration ,time and money,
I won't be buying Ferrofish products again
I can only fully agree.