Xite1 - Which Laptop?

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

TOM.DJ

Xite1 - Which Laptop?

Post by TOM.DJ »

Hi Guys,

I'm working for over a year now with my Xite1 on a desktop PC without any problems.
Now I want to make my configuration portable, as I wished long before I switched from PCI cards to Xite.

I'm looking for a good laptop to use for Xite1, Scope 5 and Cubase.

Anyone experience with the Dell M4800 or M6800?

Thanks for sharing!

Regards Tom
garyb

Re: Xite1 - Which Laptop?

Post by garyb »

both should be fine.
dubcotics

Post by dubcotics »

How about a thunderbolt interface to hook it up to a laptop with thunderbolt interface?

Best regards
TOM.DJ

Post by TOM.DJ »

Tunderbolt is not working because it uses PCI-Express.
But thanks for your input!

Regards Tom.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

The XITE ExpressCard is also PCI-Express. It may work, though not as optimally.

However, I just moved from a laptop (Lenovo W520) to a small mini-ITX based "desktop" (1/2 1U rack, and the new CPUs allow for the XITE to dfirectly connect to it for very high performance), along with a portable monitor (basically a laptop screen turned into an ultra light monitor). The desktops really still kick the crap out of laptops for DAW use, since there is far less power management and bloatware that the laptops force on the system.
nitri

Post by nitri »

jksuperstar wrote:The XITE ExpressCard is also PCI-Express. It may work, though not as optimally.

However, I just moved from a laptop (Lenovo W520) to a small mini-ITX based "desktop" (1/2 1U rack, and the new CPUs allow for the XITE to dfirectly connect to it for very high performance), along with a portable monitor (basically a laptop screen turned into an ultra light monitor). The desktops really still kick the crap out of laptops for DAW use, since there is far less power management and bloatware that the laptops force on the system.
mmm... very interesting in your gig. It´s posible photos?

Thanks
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

jksuperstar wrote:The XITE ExpressCard is also PCI-Express. ...
However, I just moved from a laptop (Lenovo W520) to a small mini-ITX based "desktop" (1/2 1U rack, and the new CPUs allow for the XITE to dfirectly connect to it for very high performance),...
I´m highly interested to see your 1/2 1U mini ITX machine as well as getting some more info on specs, parts used etc..
Would that be possible ?

I always thought about Lenovo Thinkpad w/ PCIexpresscard slot, but couldn´t decide.

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
TOM.DJ

Post by TOM.DJ »

We sell this box with our company. It is used for mobile high end 3D applications. I Guess when you replace de GPU, for the PCI-E xite controller card, it will work perfectly.
It is an high end but small i7. I could get some more info on this one if you like?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (194.88 KiB) Viewed 3803 times