One other question/problem for today lol

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

krizrox

One other question/problem for today lol

Post by krizrox »

I've had Scope PCI (and now Xite) for a long time. I've always noticed that sometimes when I close Scope, and try to do something else, an annoying white box appears around the Scope windows that doesn't easily go away. It's actually worse now with the new Xite version software. I use dual monitors in case that matters.

Anyone else noticed this? If so, any solution? This is the only program I've ever used (ever) where I've seen this problem. It's not a big deal really. If I wait until Scope is 100% shut down before doing anything else it's not an issue.
astroman

Re: One other question/problem for today lol

Post by astroman »

the 'box' you see is actually just a 'hole' left in the graphic memory because the process for the draw job finished...
maybe unintentionally... while another process stepped ahead or so...
(seems a slow procedure, always late on my system, too... when I switch accounts or choose restart on the PC)
if there's no other stuff hanging you can cleanup by opening any window to full screen and it's gone

cheers, Tom
dante

Post by dante »

I get a black box when XITE unloading, then no box at all after it closes. Saves me trying to turn off the computer till its finished.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

A simple click of 'refresh' usually clears up weird graphical issue like this on my system whenever it occurs.
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

This problem went away with my new PC build.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I guess you are talking about white contour of Scope devices gui remaining after closing ? If it's that, you only have to press 'F5' on pc keyboard after selecting pc desktop. As Soundesigner says, it refresh the display, that's all.
I'm surprised you don't get it anymore with your new pc... Maybe your video card it smarter than the others...
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I think windows 8 is solely a compositing window manager, so it's more the OS is smarter...
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

I'm using the same video card that I had in the previous PC. So it's either the new OS (as superstar mentioned) or just a better system all around.