almost here!

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

krizrox

almost here!

Post by krizrox »

I feel sorry for the UPS drivers here in the Chicago area today. It's like -30F. All schools are closed today.
petal

Re: almost here!

Post by petal »

Yup - the feeling of gearlust about to be fullfilled is a powerful feeling.

Enjoy it while it last and may the installation proces be smooth :)
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

Considering what it went through to get here I'll be happy if it just shows up in one piece lol
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

well the box may look like hell but they build them solid and package them really good so you should be ok. Congrats. After 2+ years I still get giddy every time I fire mine up.
Enjoy!
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

I thought I'd fallen into an episode of Doctor Who and you were getting this delivered on 7th June, then I remembered that Americans do that weird month/day/year thing that no-one else in the world does. :roll:

Congrats anyway! :D
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

krizrox wrote: I feel sorry for the UPS drivers here in the Chicago area today. It's like -30F. All schools are closed today.
Brr... So remember to let the Xite acclimate before turning it on.

And congrats! Have a lot of fun with it! :)
hubird

Post by hubird »

Mr Arkadin wrote:I thought I'd fallen into an episode of Doctor Who and you were getting this delivered on 7th June, then I remembered that Americans do that weird month/day/year thing that no-one else in the world does. :roll:

for automatic time scale listing mm/dd/yyyy is a winner...
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

It's here!!!!! Just arrived a few minutes ago. I'm in the middle of a recording session so installation will have to wait a few hours!

woo woo Xited!!! :-)

http://www.lnlrecording.com/Xite-1.htm
dante

Post by dante »

Awesome. Welcome to the realm of never run out of possibilities.
petal

Post by petal »

Congrats :)

I see that you already have a spot for it in you rack. I couldn't help but noticing that the XITE will have another module right on top of it. You should know that the XITE gets quite hot during use, when Scope is running.
garyb

Post by garyb »

Mr Arkadin wrote:I thought I'd fallen into an episode of Doctor Who and you were getting this delivered on 7th June, then I remembered that Americans do that weird month/day/year thing that no-one else in the world does. :roll:

oh yes, the confused imperials.... :lol:
just because everyone does things backwards is no reason to call it forward. :lol:
hubird

Post by hubird »

Since I work with computers I changed my mind and love the American way.
Try to automatically list on base of date with non-american style date names...
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

hubird wrote: Try to automatically list on base of date with non-american style date names...
I don't even know what you're talking about. Anyway, I'm a human so like to be able to read stuff easily. Now where did I put my minutes:hours:seconds watch?
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

petal wrote:Congrats :)

I see that you already have a spot for it in you rack. I couldn't help but noticing that the XITE will have another module right on top of it. You should know that the XITE gets quite hot during use, when Scope is running.
I'll leave a space above it for airflow.

btw: I assume I need to uninstall the old Scope 5.1 first? Are projects that were setup with the Scope soundcards (V5.1) compatible for the Xite?
petal

Post by petal »

You can't use the PCI-version of scope for your XITE, but you don't need to uninstall it. Just run them parallel and connect the two systems through adat as I do ;)

I havn't tried to reuse a "pci"-project on the XIte, but try it out and see what happens.

Have fun :)
hubird

Post by hubird »

Mr Arkadin wrote:
hubird wrote: Try to automatically list on base of date with non-american style date names...
I don't even know what you're talking about. Anyway, I'm a human so like to be able to read stuff easily. Now where did I put my minutes:hours:seconds watch?
Sorry, didn't have the right words at hand.
I meant if you have a list of files with 'names' by date in a folder ranked by 'name' you get a list without any rank.
The American way does it perfect, and I think that was the reason why they chose for it (?) :-)
Where relevant I organized my files the American way, like all minutes of my job work per year.
Last edited by hubird on Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

Thanks Petal

one last question: I need a longer HDMI cable than the one supplied. Are there any restrictions or recommendations for suitable HDMI cables? I think I need about 15 feet (4.6 meters). Any problem with the length? Amazon has one for about $12. Or should I be looking at more expensive options? (I don't like to get cheap with cables).
petal

Post by petal »

The HDMI cable is a standard HDMI-cable, but I don't know anything about recommended length and/or quality. Maybe Gary has some details he can share here?
garyb

Post by garyb »

HDMI cables can be troublesome. even new ones are often bad. what this means is that cheap cables aren't bad unless they don't work correctly. if there's a cable problem, you will know pretty quickly....

i'd get a good quality cable, if possible. it's the ends that are the most troublesome parts. the connectors are easily distorted, especially with cheap cables.

the cable doesn't need to be special though, and 15feet is no problem.
mausmuso

Post by mausmuso »

krizrox wrote:Thanks Petal

one last question: I need a longer HDMI cable than the one supplied. Are there any restrictions or recommendations for suitable HDMI cables? I think I need about 15 feet (4.6 meters). Any problem with the length? Amazon has one for about $12. Or should I be looking at more expensive options? (I don't like to get cheap with cables).
I have an idea my cable is about that length.
Its been running for a a couple of years without a problem.

I would highly recommend you do not get rid of your old PCI cards.
I have XITE on a 64 Bit machine and setup the old SCOPE PCI on a 32 bit second box.
I can then run STS Samplers and other synths on the old box and use ADAT connections across to XITE.
This setup has low latency and gets around the issues with SCOPE and 64Bit.

BTW,
I noted over on the Samplitude forum that you are playing with SAM Pro X2.
So you have two new toys - good luck.
maus