almost here!

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

krizrox

Re: almost here!

Post by krizrox »

I dont use the soft synths here very often. I will probably sell the boards just to get rid of them but I need a little more time to get everything installed. I'm still running sessions with the Scope board. Next week I'll have the HDMI cable and some open space to play around with the new toy ;-)
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

when your ready to sell please give me a shout as i need to build a dedicated modular dsp system for www.vibeystudios.com

as my friend james sanger is really interested in me building him one in a rack case for some new projects we are going to be working on this year
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

Thanks Jhulk. Will keep u in mind. I have a couple of offers on the table already. I'm holding off for a few more days until I can get Xite installed and vetted for studio use. One of the caveats is whether I can load up older Scope PCI projects with Xite. The software versions are the same (5.1) but I'm not clear if they are actually compatible (backwards compatible I mean). If I can't do that, I might be forced to keep the Scope Pro PCI card installed and active for no other reason than backwards compatibility. I'll know for sure by the end of next week.
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, you should be able to load the old projects, but rename the old Scope PCI folder until the project has been loaded and saved on the XITE, otherwise, the XITE will try to load files from the PCI folders...
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

Thanks Gary. :)
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

I finally was able to install Xite yesterday. Had a few start-up issues but thanks to Gary B, I was up in running in no time.

So far so good. The only strange software glitch were the mixer VU meters which seem hard-wired (lol) for pre-fader operation. The faders control the output volume from the mixer but the meters don't respond to the fader moves. I'm not sure how annoying that will turn out to be yet. I'll get over it lol

Will be running my first session with it tomorrow night. I don't expect any problems. I removed the PCI boards (for good I think).
astroman

Post by astroman »

thumbs up and fingers crossed :D

cheers, Tom
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

The HDMI cable I got from Amazon seems to be working ok. I may replace it later with a better option but for now it's fine.