Quantum Wave on XITE

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

Raphaelg

Quantum Wave on XITE

Post by Raphaelg »

Dear Scope-Friends,
I am playing with the thought to get the Quantum Wave for my XITE.
Are there any experiences regarding the Performance and polyphony?
(The real Waldorf thing doen't fit in my basement or won't be tolerated there :P )

Best Regards
Raphael
astroman

Re: Quantum Wave on XITE

Post by astroman »

does not compute...
http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33358

in the bottom part of post#2 there's a quote from John Bowen...

cheers, Tom

ps: if you're into wavetables you might consider one (or both) of Wolgang Palms iPad reincarnations
an iPad mini 2 would give you lots of juice for roughly the same amount...
the synths are on par with Scope, seriously
dante

Post by dante »

My experience with Solaris V5 you can improve poly by working on the presets. I am yet to try this on Quantum Wave but see no reason why that woul be any different. I will tackle that next.
Raphaelg

Post by Raphaelg »

Thanks for the detailed answers (I also run the Solaris V5 on my old PCI-Cards)
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

I use the Qwave SE version on xite which runs easily 5-6 voices when properly assigned to dsp. It's not really a "stripped down" version of the bigger quantum wave, only a 1-part synth instead of the 4-part multitimbral full version. All the sounds of the big version can also be loaded in the SE version if i remember correctly. You could always load more instances if you want more of the same sounds, like ive shown in the last post in the following topic:

http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31740

The SE version is a lot cheaper also.

http://zargmusic.com/qwave_se.html
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

if you still have pci cards, better if you use the qwave on them, but on the xite it can also run with some shrewdness, with less polyphony(i can use 5 or 6 voices usually) and sometimes you get various error popups while browsing stock patches.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

I also agree with what's been said here. Do what you will but most likely you will never be able to access the true power of that synth on the Xite. If you had a 2 scope pro pci system then you might be happy with it. I have had the QW-SE for a few years now and I have been able to make some really good sounds on it. I have also done what RP_001 did and hooked up 4 together with some good results, the only bothersome thing about that is you have to load each instance with it's own preset (then perhaps save it as a project I guess?)
Raphaelg

Post by Raphaelg »

Thanks - at the moment it will be better to run it on my old system (2xPro+PulsarII) - I would prefer transferring everything to the Xite, since the 200X hardware is rock-solid, but has also a limited physical lifetime (elcos etc).
dante

Post by dante »

When I try to load up QWave SE on my PCI cards, I get the following error :
zg_xp01 missing
zg_xp01 missing
zg_xp01.jpg (9.74 KiB) Viewed 4879 times
Ive looked for the file, bat cant find it. Anyone know where it is ?
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

when you load the instruments from the installer you need to make sure the folders are correct i finding them in the zarg synths it does folders like creamware rather than scope pci

so that the dsp file will be in creamware/dsp folder

i had this type problem with installing both the blackboxii modualr modules and the flexor modules that when trying to use them i had to locate the dsp files every time

in that i started to unzip and manually put the dsp files in dsp folder and presets in presets and putting the files in the correct folders myself rather than using the out of date installers

so i make it a matter of coarse for the zarg synths to actually go through each folder and find the direct files and put them in there correct locations
dante

Post by dante »

I did a search on entire C: drive - Scope PCI and Scope XITE and could not see zg*.dsp anywhere
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Are you on Win 8.x 64bit? If so I thought there were 64bit Zarg files. I don't remember if one came out for QWSE though.
guppy

Post by guppy »

I got the same dsp warning with QWave SE with my xite1
dante

Post by dante »

yayajohn wrote:Are you on Win 8.x 64bit? If so I thought there were 64bit Zarg files. I don't remember if one came out for QWSE though.
Yes, Win8 64 bit - I have updated with the zarg64bit files. All the other Zarg synths work.

Has anyone got the file (zg_xp01.dsp) ?
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

if the require dsp is needed it should be included in the install

so check the zip file for the zarg synths check the dsp folder and see if its in there

as with most installs there is a info text that tells you how to load the devices

and if any dsp required files needed
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

dante wrote:
yayajohn wrote:Are you on Win 8.x 64bit? If so I thought there were 64bit Zarg files. I don't remember if one came out for QWSE though.
Yes, Win8 64 bit - I have updated with the zarg64bit files. All the other Zarg synths work.

Has anyone got the file (zg_xp01.dsp) ?
Dante I will check when I get home on Monday if someone doesn't get to it before. I am still on WinXp so not sure if I can help. Just curious if you have tried to open it since upgrading to 64bit. I think I remember after the Zarg bundle deal the 64bit files came out but QWSE wasn't included in the bundle so that is why I suspect it might be a 64bit issue.
I am particularly interested because I am about to go 64bit on my new Xite workstation.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

I have the same problem with the qwave se downloaded from the sonic core ftp server, tried it on win 7 64 bit, win 7 32 bit, win xp 32 bit.
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

Here ya go...
zg_xp01.rar
(2.28 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

thanks,
it works.
It should be included inside the package on the ftp site
dante

Post by dante »

Yes fixed for me as well now. Thank you very much RP_001.

Since Quantum Wave SE is just a 1-part version on Quantum Wave ( eg Quantum Wave is like having 4 lots of Quantum Wave SE and a mixer) - Ill focus on just the QWave SE.

I don't see any point in me trying to create Multi's - just single voices that will work well on XITE then if people want to use them in Multi's that's up to them.

RP_001 Id also like to use your info from here http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31740 in the article.