installing xite1 folder

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

guppy

installing xite1 folder

Post by guppy »

Hi friends !
I soon get a xite1 (I hope for the end of the week), and i'd like to know if i can put directly all what I got in my good old scope folder into the new xite1 folder i'll install in my computer ?
is there some restrictions, or files i shouldn't put into to avoid problems ?
Thanks !
Mr Arkadin

Re: installing xite1 folder

Post by Mr Arkadin »

I would install Scope XITE first and then see what's missing for you. So for example the Presets folder you can copy over, and some of your devices, leaving the ones that are already there alone.

I would avoid copying over anything in the DSP folder. Only add .dsp files if you have a particular device that gives a "DSP Missing" error message. That way you can avoid messing up the DSP folder.
guppy

Post by guppy »

ok i undesrtand , thx !
As i took many many hours to organize my scope folder, i wouldn't want to have to do it again, it would be very annoying :)
luckily i've installed everything which is not standard in separate folders, so i think it won't be so complicated, but i was worried with dsp, presets and I don't know if i can just transfer all synths, but as i understand, i must let the xite1 ones and don't replace them by the oldest one i got...
I'm waiting this xite for months, i'm very excited now :)
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

If you've enjoyed Scope then there's no way you won't enjoy XITE-1. Just more of the Scope goodness. It's also nice to get it out of the computer into a separate unit.

If you look at my screenshot I arrange freebies and older stuff in folders similar to the original Scope names, but with a "_" to push them all to the right hand side of the menu bar. This means I can easily copy over old stuff when installing without trying to figure out where it all goes.
XITE.JPG
XITE.JPG (153.87 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
guppy

Post by guppy »

That looks cool :)
I was wondering if there's a reason that i should keep my scope card with the xite, compatibility with old plugins or whatever ?
Because i'll maybe have to sell it to get money back, but i'm not sure i won't regret it :)
For me, scope is surely the most advanced sound system that money can get :) , and the fact that the xite1 can be moved from desktop to laptop has finished to convince me !
I can now think about taking it on scene, and have those nice sounds i like while working :)
petal

Post by petal »

I would hold on to the PCI card for a while at least until you get to know the XITE's capabilities better.
I did, and I'm happy I did it cause some plugins doesn't run or doesn't run as good on the XITE as on the PCI-cards ie: Zargs plugins.
Now I run the XITE with Scope v5.1 and the PCI-system on the same machine running Scope v4.5 to be able to run the Zarg plugins most efficiently.
The machine runs Windows 7 32-bit (to avoid the problems involved with running scope at 64 bit)

Good luck and enjoy :)
dante

Post by dante »

guppy wrote:That looks cool :)
I was wondering if there's a reason that i should keep my scope card with the xite, compatibility with old plugins or whatever ?
Yes, some stuff runs better on the PCI. You can have both setup as a dual system with ADAT - some have done this as I did but I did it mainly for XITE-1D which has less DSP than full XITE-1 so good to run some old synths on the PCI.