Using Modular for DSP Placement In The Xite-1

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Using Modular for DSP Placement In The Xite-1

Post by dawman »

Modular is the only device I can make DSP assignments to that are remembered on a Project reload.
This wasn't that big of a deal for me until I started replacing plug ins I used in the AUX channels of mixers w/ Modular redesigns.
Most recently RoyT's excellent Flanger, and LowCut/High Cut Tube ECC83.

But then it dawned on me since effects like STW PlateX and Ducking Delay which is really starting to be a favorite ( as I can add filters post and the Stereo ECC83 gets great LoFi tails) have no MIDI and were designed to be used as Insert FX.
Well I am using them as Insert FX so I can use smaller mixers, but I am inserting them into Modular shells, making a patch and saving their assignments.

Guys here might want to try this who are using lots of FX in their mixers, or amny stock synths in the Project Window.

I am now noticing on start ups that DSP 15/16/17 n 18 are packed, then the first slots seems to fill up, before hitting a dead end when looking to 15-18, then settling in the middle DSPs somewhere.

This also leaves the best DSP for loading anything new into a project (DSP 7) open for business too. And seems to allow bigger DSP readings, so big actually the app asls for an optimization on start up, then allows the extra resources to be used.
All while Modular assignments stay where assigned.

Just thought I'd share a recent strategy.
mausmuso

Re: Using Modular for DSP Placement In The Xite-1

Post by mausmuso »

[quote="dawman"]I am inserting them into Modular shells, making a patch and saving their assignments.[quote]
Good tip :D
Thanks
maus