XITE Optimized Devices - is there a list?

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

petal

XITE Optimized Devices - is there a list?

Post by petal »

Is there a list over the XITE optimized devices?

And if there is, could someone please show it to me?
dante

Re: XITE Optimized Devices - is there a list?

Post by dante »

Anything with suffix 'X' is XITE optimised.
petal

Post by petal »

OK - thanks, but running the new reverbs with the X doesn't exactly mean trouble free use, which is really the devices I'm trying to identify.

What about the stock synths, like Minimax and Vectron etc. They don't have the X, but seems to be working without trouble?
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

petal wrote:OK - thanks, but running the new reverbs with the X doesn't exactly mean trouble free use, which is really the devices I'm trying to identify.

What about the stock synths, like Minimax and Vectron etc. They don't have the X, but seems to be working without trouble?
Minimax works fine, has a GUI issue w/ the octave switch of OSC #1 which it already had in SCOPE 4.0,- use your ear to adjust and save.
I use it monphonic like the real Minimoog D but it works polyphonic too,- increasing DSP by nature.
Prodyssey works fine but is DSP hungry as it was on PCI cards too, 5 voices work always, 6 voices critical depending on which other devices are already loaded in project, how much ASIO and so on ...
Vectron player/Vectron works,- 8 voices
Uknow 7, 6-8 voices
Profit-5, 5 voices
B-2003,- anyway
Lightwave, 6-8 voices
STS-4000, 16 voices (up to 32)

All in a ~52% loaded project together w/ STM2448X, 4 aux FX, ASIO, ADAT, analog I/Os, MIDI, WAVE driver and more.

I don´t have Sixstring up to now ...

Vocodizer,- I´m not sure,- it loads and works on XITE-1 but I had problems loading it in addition to all the other stuff in that project.
I´m not very familiar w/ that device though,- and maybe I made mistakes or have to figure out a different project, loading it earlier into the project w/ that combo of devices.

To be on the save side and depending on your needs, you should use the instruments like they are in hardware from the past,- so that´s why I decided to use Minimax monophonic and Prodyssey monophonic too (or duophonic when I want that).
That way, there´s the headroom to load something in addition,- insert FX, more connections etc..

Not every combination of instruments and FX works flawlessly and depending on WHEN they come into a project.
But you can figure out a working project by some investigation and reading Scoperise ... :)

What I´ve mentioned above loads every day without trouble since 3/4 year.
2 days ´til NAMM,- we´ll see what´s new and improved I hope.

Bud
petal

Post by petal »

Well, no news from NAMM, but thanks for chiming in :)
ShogunSpy

Post by ShogunSpy »

How about Spacef Fat inserts..anybody using them?
dante

Post by dante »

Yes they work on XITE.
petal

Post by petal »

There is a difference between working and being optimized.
So in order to keep this thread "clean", it's informing to know weather Spacef Fat inserts are optimized for the XITE or "just" working?
dawman

Post by dawman »

How can anyone proove what's optimized....? By loading only, at least that's my take.
SapceF Fat-IIs load up like a Penny Sloy machine, don't have any stone tablets declaring they are optimized, but each channel can have them on the biggest mixers too, don't seem to see any penalties.
petal

Post by petal »

It's just that I have several devices and plugins (several zarg plugins), that "works" and loads on the XITE, but "works" and loads better on my PCI-system. Which is why I find it informative to know whether a plugin has been optimized for the XITE or not.
dante

Post by dante »

Any third party device that was built using a previous Scope SDK may not be fully optimised because the atoms were built on code for the older DSP's. But they will still benefit from the higher clock speed of the newer DSP.

It could be that for small devices there may be less potential for optimisation anyway. It depends if it uses instructions that have more efficient replacements ( eg Single Instruction Multiple Data SIMD ).

http://www.hitfoundry.com/issue_13/sdk_mast.htm
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I think the greatest issues in porting to XITE seam to be with large devices, that either have large I/O count (mixers) or span multiple dsps. Xite sdk has some commands for how they can be spread across multiple dsps, to ease signal routing. So issues would show up when allocating more voices (more dsps), or routing in the project (like issues seen with the small 16 channel mixer, where routing breaks). I haven't had any issues with smaller devices, and "optimization" is probably not really possible (and may even change sound if it was messed with).
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

The stock synths are fully optimized on the Xite from my experience. Load quickly, reasonable preset change speed and higher poly than most people need. Prodyssey is included with that. Six String too with the exception of 8 poly max. Note: I am also running a dual config with 3 pci cards and a big 0 options for adjusting shared irq's. DAS reverbs and SC reverbs have met or exceeded my needs and expectations.

(WinXP 32 btw)

now go and buy more devices and have fun :)

Dan