SUPERMICRO 1U CHASSIS

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Re: SUPERMICRO 1U CHASSIS

Post by dawman »

It's sad, but then again that's why I like to play and I'll do it from a wheel chair or a walker when that day comes. Singers, they have it tougher, and young singers have a tough time with the glitter and glam and drugs, etc.
I saw Amy Winehouses last show in Croatia and everyone was mad and acting like jerks, but I was saddened as I knew she was crumbling and management, her parents, her friends and band members seemed as if they would allow her to do anything so they could have a gig, and she really was a very talented, and nice looking gal.
Then she died months later and it reminded me of how this whole pressure, image, unforgiving business really is.
I am pretty much an asshole and everyone around here knows it, but when it comes to seeing people hurt or dying I am quite sensative as I have several friends who are dead from the extra ciricular activites that sometimes take us over from the pressure.
Some folks fold, and some folks focus....

Any ways, the 1U is a gem to use, last night I found out the hard way that Kontakt 5 Player timed out, so after years of never having a hardware crash, oir Scope crash I had a software failure. Since chance favors the prepared mind I used the sounds on the Privia XP-3S and covered everything with ease. But if I had to use those sounds everynight, I would be smoking crack and chugging Jagermeister... :wink:
dante

Post by dante »

I'm sure you're a-hole moments are born of neccessity rather than choice/inherent.

From memory the sounds on my Privia (PX-310) aren't half bad. They are only bread and butter sounds, nothing exotic like prowave or modular but as good as any rompler around. Maybe it was just the psychology of the weighted keys making it sound better than it really was :P
dawman

Post by dawman »

I use the EPianos and Grand, and the patheric Factory Brass. It works, but my face was in pain from squinting for 45 minutes as every note was a reminder of why I use Kontakt.
Whats cool is that Solaris just switches Banks and it analog outs become active, I have an A/B box on the SE-1X and the Barbetts have miltiple I/Os and even an FX Loop, like minature PA systems, etc.
Funny thing is nobody in the audience noticed since Solaris and the SE-1X were still screaming, but I would have died a slow death using the Privia's "pads" and weak ass Organ.....arrggghh.
dante

Post by dante »

Does yours have stereo duel element samples ? Could be mine was an improved model

http://www.casio-intl.com/asia-mea/en/e ... px100.html