Exchanging old boards for an Xite-1?

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

neuromantik

Exchanging old boards for an Xite-1?

Post by neuromantik »

I know this a long shot, but is SC offering a special exchange program for users such as myself 2 boards (21 dsps) & a A16Ultra who want a discount on an Xite-1 rig?

Now people are gonna say that I can sell them, but I don't want to re-buy all the old plugins that I purchased over 10 years (although I really use 30% of them) and it seems that if I sell the boards on ebay, I'm also selling the licenses to the plugs (ie. HW keys)

Anyhow I'm tired of PCI bandwidth woes and hoping that those days are gone with an Xite-1!! :)

Nicolas
garyb

Re: Exchanging old boards for an Xite-1?

Post by garyb »

yes, S|C can probably do something. selling the boards privately is better business though. if you PM me, i can help you.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

That A16 ultra will still z-link to the XITE, so hold on to it if you want the I/O
petal

Post by petal »

You can still buy a "keytransfer" and have all the plugins you've bought transfered to your XITE.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

when i bought mine, sc said that trade is not possible, however, they offered me the xite-1 with a big discount.
In may i have seen an email from sc about new discounts expiring on may 31, so it's possible that you can buy one for a discounted price if you ask.
neuromantik

Post by neuromantik »

petal wrote:You can still buy a "keytransfer" and have all the plugins you've bought transfered to your XITE.
I was under the impression from the FAQ that I could transfer the keys from my old boards for FREE

http://sonic-core.net/joomla.soniccore/ ... 56&lang=us
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

there is a procedure allowing you to remove the keys from your old cards and transfer them to the new hardware.
Ask S|C for a clarification on this.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

djmicron wrote:there is a procedure allowing you to remove the keys from your old cards and transfer them to the new hardware.
Ask S|C for a clarification on this.
I think, S|C won´t hold you back from buying a XITE (which is a good idea anyway).
The more XITE users, the more progress in development for XITE.

Maybe, the (old) optional plugins might become NFRs for old cards and when being transfered to XITE, so if someone buys your PCI cards, he has to be satisfied w/ the original stock devices/plugins for the SCOPE software version coming w/ these cards.
Have in mind, w/ XITE and SCOPE 5 / 5.1, there come devices/plugins anyway, which were optional in the old days and as long these were/are Creamware/S|C plugins.

A transfer fee for old 3rd party devices might not be predacious though.

Bud
garyb

Post by garyb »

you won't likely be made to remove plugins from the old cards in any case....
petal

Post by petal »

neuromantik wrote:
petal wrote:You can still buy a "keytransfer" and have all the plugins you've bought transfered to your XITE.
I was under the impression from the FAQ that I could transfer the keys from my old boards for FREE

http://sonic-core.net/joomla.soniccore/ ... 56&lang=us
I understand what you are saying, but I had to pay for a keytransfer.
garyb

Post by garyb »

i think that no one realized that that FAQ was still there. i think it will disappear, since the policy has long since changed. :(
neuromantik

Post by neuromantik »

Thank you everyone for the info :)

So if I want to upgrade to an Xite-1 I would need to fork over:
- 3890 € for the Xite-1
- 98€ for migrate my modular III + Flexor
- 139€ for the Modular IV upgrade

for a sub total of 4127€. By looking at the purchasing/trading section, I think I couldn't get more than 600€ for my 21 DSP setup (which from what I gathered is horsepower equivalent to a Xite-D)

which comes out to a grand total of 3527€. :P

Well I better start saving and perhaps thinking of selling my G2X :o

How is the secondhand Xite market these days? nonexistent I imagine... :roll:

Nick
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

neuromantik wrote:Thank you everyone for the info :)

How is the secondhand Xite market these days? nonexistent I imagine... :roll:

Nick
No used Xites out on the market yet :lol:

I'd say so far there is a 100% satisfaction rate :wink:

Greg
garyb

Post by garyb »

if you consider that two 15dsp cards would have cost you nearly as much when they were new, the price is very reasonable. when you consider that it's still a lot of money, wel.... :lol:
neuromantik

Post by neuromantik »

I can't afford one atm but I don't doubt that the Xite is worth every cent!! :)

To be honest I'm perfectly content with my rig, my main reason for wanting to change is to be able to use a newer PC with a newer motherboard with NO issues, I was under the impression that PCI bandwidth/motherboard beta testing was a thing of the past!

In any case I'll make do as I always have and see if I can't run a modIV on 5.0/P4 WinXP 32 ;)
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

siriusbliss wrote: No used Xites out on the market yet :lol:

Greg
Not true,- someone in Berlin germany sold 1 via ebay classified advertisement and in march there was a XITE-1D from UK in a ebay auction,- w/ SCOPE 5.1 and a Ferrofish A16mkII for GBP 1.900.-.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/320860861308?ru= ... 26_rdc%3D1

Doesn´t tell much, often people give up their studios and/or need money urgently.
But w/ luck, a XITE for sale in mint condition might exist sooner or later.

I myself, I had the luck to find one new, sealed in box and in a music shop.
It seemed, they didn´t really know what it is ... :D

Bud
dante

Post by dante »

neuromantik wrote: I think I couldn't get more than 600€ for my 21 DSP setup (which from what I gathered is horsepower equivalent to a Xite-D)
I get more out of XITE-1D than double my 12DSP setup. I would put XITE-1D closer to 30 of old DSP - if you're running a diverse mix of devices.
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

neuromantik

i still use a p4 6 pci comp for my 36 dsp system and it works solid apart from tiny bugs in 5.1

thats the same for xite-1 users

modIV will work with your system as long as yo have 5/5.1

32bit is the best way to go as there are more problems with 64bit as these devs were written in 32bit code

and many are 11 years old for modular 2

thats why the samplers dont work on 64bit

the tiny bugs there are work arounds so they are annoying but not to the point that you cant get it to work

im going to do a topic for every one to put down the bugs and work around so that every one knows whats the best way to do the modular patches with out

to much pain in the neck wasting of time

a lot of the time i cant even use the horse power of my 36 dsp system due to not enough resources

flexor 3 is great and you can do a lot but becuase he does it so that it stays on 1 dsp you soon can run out of resources theres lots of mimimum poly

so that you can only do mono synths with some of them or you have to use poly out modules for filters which means all voices are effect by 1 filter like on poly synth korg dw800

so if you are just working with modular with your system using mod2 mod3 mod4 zarg inserts i can get 10 note poly which you only have 10 digits to play with

with 30% of my 36 dsp system most analog synths only have 8 note poly max most only have 5 like the profit5 most are monophonic like minimoog but becuase of its 3 osc can do chords

my favourite va synths have 12 notes poly z1 and 10 notes poly yamaha an1x

so getting 10 note poly on our dsp system is comparable to those

and with modular you can create new synths every day and some you will never be able to buy as an instrument in hardware or software vst period
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Bud Weiser wrote:
siriusbliss wrote: No used Xites out on the market yet :lol:

Greg
Not true,- someone in Berlin germany sold 1 via ebay classified advertisement and in march there was a XITE-1D from UK in a ebay auction,- w/ SCOPE 5.1 and a Ferrofish A16mkII for GBP 1.900.-.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/320860861308?ru= ... 26_rdc%3D1

Doesn´t tell much, often people give up their studios and/or need money urgently.
But w/ luck, a XITE for sale in mint condition might exist sooner or later.

I myself, I had the luck to find one new, sealed in box and in a music shop.
It seemed, they didn´t really know what it is ... :D

Bud
This looks like a dealer selling off inventory, but whatever.

G
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
neuromantik

Post by neuromantik »

jhulk wrote:neuromantik

i still use a p4 6 pci comp for my 36 dsp system and it works solid apart from tiny bugs in 5.1
thats the same for xite-1 users
modIV will work with your system as long as yo have 5/5.1
32bit is the best way to go as there are more problems with 64bit as these devs were written in 32bit code

my favourite va synths have 12 notes poly z1 and 10 notes poly yamaha an1x
so getting 10 note poly on our dsp system is comparable to those
and with modular you can create new synths every day and some you will never be able to buy as an instrument in hardware or software vst period
Whoa thanks for the reply, I'm happy to discover that maybe I can run modIV after all :) You and I are on the same page, I mostly build my modular patches the same way I would a doepfer or pittsburg, ie. one voice. So as yourself I never really hit my 21 dsp with mod+flexor.

Anyhow great to hear your feedback!! Thanks a lot ^^