DSP assignment questions

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

Bud Weiser

Re: DSP assignment questions

Post by Bud Weiser »

jksuperstar wrote:I've also noticed that the devices get loaded in the order you added them to the project...more or less. So I always start my projects with the I/O, then mixer, then everything else. it seems to help the loading, routing, and DSP placement. Or maybe I'm crazy, YMMV....

I got it running smooth.
Thx for all the advice here.

Hardware connections, ASIO, MIDI, STM 2448X, 4 AUX-Send FX,- automatic DSP assignment.
WAVE Source on DSP#2
STS4000, 16 voices (for now) on DSP#9
B2003 & Minimax monophonic on DSP#11
Profit 5 6voice poly on DSP#12
Vectron Player, 8-voice poly on DSP#13
Lightwave v5, 8-voice poly on DSP#14
Uknow7, 8-voice poly on DSP#15

This project saved and re-loads in ~ 1 minute which I checked for several times now.
There´s plenty of DSP left over for more stuff.
MIDI OX is running for now, doing the MIDI connection/translation from Kurzweil PC3 USB MIDI to SCOPE 5.1 Sequencer MIDI Source #1.
Later I´ll use the physical MIDI, so MIDI OX will/ might become obsolete for SCOPE (depending on usage).

Reaper 4.21 runs VSTi (OPX Pro II as an example here) and Reason 6 is on a separate ASIO bus even rewired to Reaper.
Works fine w/ Presonus Studio One Pro v2 too,- but Reaper loads faster and loads Reason rewired automatic while Studio One requires a push of a button to launch Reason once Studio One is up.

Screenshot:

There´s one stupid question left ...

On STM 2448X, on top between MIDI and Talkback, there are these external inputs Ext. 1 and Ext. 2 ...
I don´t get these working because I´m probably too blind to find ´em elsewhere in the GUI ...
I searched in the manual, but no explanation.

Any advice ?
For me, these could be more ideal inputs for WAVE source,- if possible at all.
I connected but hear nothing ...

:D

Bud
garyb

Post by garyb »

the external inputs are at the top of the routing window stm2448 module. they can only be accessed through the control room or studio outs, however and that would be instead of the mixbus. that's pretty much the same as a hardware recording mixer.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote:the external inputs are at the top of the routing window stm2448 module.
Yes, that´s where I see them in the routing window, but expected to find any controls for them in the mixers GUI pages.
garyb wrote: they can only be accessed through the control room or studio outs, however and that would be instead of the mixbus.
Ah,- o.k. and thx for clarification !
garyb wrote: that's pretty much the same as a hardware recording mixer.
Not in my old 8-buss console which lacks these inputs at all ... :D

Bud
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)