HELP! XITE communication error

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Re: HELP! XITE communication error

Post by dawman »

Install the English version, that way if you are getting Food Stamps all upgrades are free.... :lol:
dtb

Post by dtb »

hi all,

after 3 hours things got even worse ... :-(
- did a cleanup of old registry entries for scope pci entries = didn't help
- unchecked every power saving setting I cound gain = didn't help
... sope software started but after playing back some tracks in cubase ... copy violation ...
- did a fresh installation with downloaded version of scope xite-software ... copy violation
... then some new errors occured: dsp1 could not load satellites ... no gain to hardware ... hw 30 detected and so on ... communcation error ...
so now I turned off everything because I dind't even have success starting the scope software ...
will do a last testing tomorrow with another hdmi cable ... if that doesn't work xite will be returned. we will ask sc support if they can check the unit ...
will tell ya tomorrow what happend ...
good night
tom
Attachments
xite_err03.JPG
xite_err03.JPG (33.92 KiB) Viewed 3133 times
xite_err02.JPG
xite_err02.JPG (23.86 KiB) Viewed 3133 times
xite_err01.JPG
xite_err01.JPG (15.61 KiB) Viewed 3133 times
dtb

Post by dtb »

some more errors ..
Attachments
xite_err06.JPG
xite_err06.JPG (29.58 KiB) Viewed 3133 times
xite_err05.JPG
xite_err05.JPG (28.9 KiB) Viewed 3133 times
xite_err04.JPG
xite_err04.JPG (12.82 KiB) Viewed 3133 times
dtb

Post by dtb »

Last edited by dtb on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dante

Post by dante »

Is the XITE failing on only this machine or have you tried it on another ?
YISH313z

Post by YISH313z »

Agreed...Try it on another machine, and that will eliminate the guessing between whether it is a software issue or a hardware issue.

Also, I take it you have tried to move the PCIe card to another slot?

Guys are there any parts inside XITE-1 that could have become disconnected/dislodged during shipping.
dtb

Post by dtb »

hi,

- only 2 pci-express slots for that kind a card on the mobo and 1 is covered by the graphics card - so I can see no option to use another slot
- I noticed that one time, the power led of xite unit switched off when the copy violation error occured. thought this is it but afterwards the error occured but the power led was ok.

- this evening I will try to use another hdmi cable
- if the error still occurs I probably give it a try on my own machine (just afraid of messing up my machine when installing scope drivers/software )

cheers
tom
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

It does seem like the power into or inside the XITE is not solid. If I turn off my XITE, I will also get similar errors from SCOPE.

It might be a pinched power cable, or bad connection at the back of the unit, or the worst case - inside the XITE. But I do believe that S|C does test the hell out of these things before they ship, so chances are most likely it is an external power issue. Otherwise, you might be the first with an internal problem :(
dtb

Post by dtb »

hi jksuperstar,

I think you are so right! did some tests ... after I turned on everything, I was able to load tons of plugins into sc routing window and I could even work in cubase for a while. but after a some time error messages occured again and I discovered the power led of the sc unit has turned off sometimes when this happened (though led of the power supply unit lit). so I came here again to tell you about my thoughts and I am glad to read just this in your post (garyb already mentionned something like that ...) hdmi cable changed but that is OK. so imo it is the external power supply ... we also discovered that one of the xlr-outputs doesn't hold the insert jack correctly ... (no cklicking, you can pull the insert jack without pushing the clip) .... so we have to return the xite back to sc on monday (they are at anaheim at the moment) and now it's up to my bandmate to decide wheteher he wants a new xite in exchange or get his money back. I will recommend to him to give it one last try and get a new one ...
greetz to all of you and thanks for beiing such a great community.
will update this thread next week.
til soon
bye
tom
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Hi,

Just to share with you I just made a change that looks like it solved a complete similar issue:
I have some crappy electric network here and could observe Tension fluctuations. In fact, I have 6A lines in here. You can quickly calcutate the Z you get from that :D
That's why I decided to begin thinking dealing with these potentially nasty fluctuations: I bought an APC Line-R and plugged everything to it.

Not everything, in fact!!! Last week-end, I just saw Xite wasn't plugged to it, but to another plug at mine. I had exactly the same messages after a while and also PCI Limit Reached messages with Cubase and Reason, when Xite was communicating with the PC.

Mass loop or sthg might have made Xite mad!

Now, after changing its plug back to the stabilizer, with the computer and all other sound devices, it's up and running since last week-end (4 days 24/7) without any error and my ASIO connections are working normally again.

Hopefully helpful for you or any other person being in this situation...