XITE-1 Laptop

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

XITE-1 Laptop

Post by dawman »

It's a 16GB Kontakt streamer that will host the XITE-1 too.
THe smaller 3820k CPU is 4 cores and faster.
It comes with 16GB that are 4 x 4 SoDIMMs, even ha a backlit QWERTY and a built in card reader for Solaris.
It was meant to be....
p270wmkeyboard2.jpg
jksuperstar

Re: XITE-1 Laptop

Post by jksuperstar »

eh, I would've went with yellow. And that black plastic could've been done in bakelite..just like the real knobs on a real Polteq. What goods the engine if the paint job sucks?
:D :D :D

Oh, oops. i thought we were talking VST skins. Welcome to the Laptop world. Now, you're gonna need a real nice Attache Case.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Don't forget the decals. :P

You getting the SKB case for transport?

Greg
dawman

Post by dawman »

If I still need the SE-1X I will get the SKB 4U. They always make qualty cases, and right here at home instead of some foreign sweatshop.
But Solaris is so good using the Tube Filter to get those low end drones I like, I might just make a custom 1U and be done with it....
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Current Woot sale of the day, is an Alientech laptop,

http://tech.woot.com/offers/alienware-q ... ing-laptop

Which also has an express card slot (according to Alientech website, not the limited specs listed on woot!).

$1600us.
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

Since 2 months Ive got a HP Probook (Win 7 Pro 64bit/Intel i3 with 4gb RAM) and I decided to use this as an extra mobile laptop and update to scope 5.1. I picked up the expresscard last week and Ive got a gator 2unit bag to host xite-1 and lexicon pcm91. Im waiting for new keys atm.

My current system (Main studio PC/Intel DP35DP with Core2 Duo on XP) works great so I dont really "need" latest drivers, but my laptop has win 7 64bit installed so im kinda forced to update to 5.1.

What's the easiest way of converting my scope v5.0 folders to v5.1? Can I just copy the folders from v5.0 in new v5.1 folder or "merge" both folders? I also noticed there are some x64 files from John Bowen. Do some old files need to be replaced by these?

Any suggestions would be very welcome
xite mobile 1.jpg
xite mobile 1.jpg (112.46 KiB) Viewed 3185 times
ps. I will need xite both in main studio and on the laptop, so I need to be able to switch easily from normal xite cable to express card cable. Is there some kind of HDMI "patch cable" (+- 20 cm) which can be inserted at the back of xite? There's little room at the back the gator 2unit bag, so switching the hdmi cable (and other cables also) each time is a little annoying..
dawman

Post by dawman »

That's a nice portable beast, and the weakest part of the platform is the Reverbs IMHO, so you also have that covered.
I don't know the answers you seek, but I am curious where the Boewn x64 files are you mentioned...?

Cheers.
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

on the soniccore ftp site, there's a zarg64bit zip file.

I want to know if i could use all the files from the v5.0 scope folder (my current xp installion) also for the new 5.1 install on the laptop. Is the driver the only difference, so I could just make a copy of my scope 5.0 folder, put it in the new 5.1 folder, and replace the driver with the new one??
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, you can, but no you can't.

most device, dsp, preset, etc files can just be transferred, but you will need to install the 64bit version of Scope v5.1. the 64bit version is not exactly the same as the 32bit version. you will also need any 64bit device files that exist. there's a reason the people spent time and energy on making them....
dawman

Post by dawman »

Wow, now I can see if Prowave can be reborn.
I also saw the 6/8/2012 Wordclock zip. for the XITE-1.
Love the way these guys make such BOLD announcements............ :lol:

I'm just glad they do them.
dante

Post by dante »

It will all be rolled up into Scope 6 - that way they only have to make one bold announcement 8)

And it's getting close to NAMMification day !