Xite

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

fraz

Xite

Post by fraz »

Hi,

Just a query about this. I've currently got Scope Pro and Pulsar 2 installed in a system which = 20 DSP's (SHARC) Also have Power Sampler 3 DSP but this is not connected.

The Xite has 18 DSP's - The main query is -

How much more powerful is this system than the current setup I have? -
There are two Mic preamps on the Xite unit - How good are these? - I hear alot of talk of mic pre on this forum!

Any other useful info please.

Thanks
garyb

Re: Xite

Post by garyb »

the XITE-1 is 5-7 times the power of your system, give or take a little(i depends on exactly what is used in the project).

the XITE-1D is about 2 times your system.

the mic pres on the XITE-1 are excellent. they aren't among the best in the world or anything, but neither are they lacking in quality for anyone's studio. they are real pres, clean and to the point, good for general work for sure. i put them in the same range as the FMR RNP, a pre i often recommend. i'd say that pres of comparable or better quality usually cost about $1000-$1500 for a pair. the RNP is a bargain at about $600 for a pair.
dawman

Re: Xite

Post by dawman »

The mic pre's are excellent. They have better quality than most 3-5000 hardware mixers do.
They actually sound so good I decided to run Solaris through them, instead of the AES/EBU > Hosa ODL-312 > Solaris SPDIF Toslink.

I have been performing since I was 6 years old, had my first Guitar when I was 10, a Farfisa and 147 Leslie when I was 16, Rhodes, CS80, Oberheim, etc.etc.
Always loved my gear, but nothing has ever excited me as much as the Solaris and XITE-1.
After all of these years, and hearing crappy soft synths, weaker made hardware, I have become a very opinionated asshole, it's the truth. But with good reason.
But when playing a Solaris and the XITE-1 for hours upon hours, even after gigging, it is still so invigorating.

But you guys are all a bunch of indoor recording experts, so your needs might differ.
But with Solaris and the XITE-1, there is nothing that can compare, and I can;t wait to help my freinds record again in 2012. XITE-1 w/ Prodyssey and some Modular Patches with the SE-1 analog synth was impressive, but now with Solaris and the XBox,.....................SHEEEE-ITTTTT...

FWIW even the Headphone output is high spec'd at 30 Ohms.