Mac OSX

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

Mr Arkadin

Re: Mac OSX

Post by Mr Arkadin »

jksuperstar wrote:and so on.

(insert vonnegut-esk asshole scribble here).
:D I just finished Breakfast of Champions so I know where you're coming from (but let's not have penis size comparisons in our Profiles :o).
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Every thread deserves a certain level of sarcasm and humor :P I'm glad I didn't miss the mark. :D
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Yellow, green, and red buttons are known as good signs. Unless its just custom skins ofcourse :D
Attachments
pz.gif
pz.gif (37.84 KiB) Viewed 2608 times
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
wouterz

Post by wouterz »

Those buttons are from the Juce framework (if I'm not mistaken)

http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/jucefeatures.php

But that's still a good sign because Juce is a cross platform framework :)
garyb

Post by garyb »

wouterz wrote:But that's still a good sign because Juce is a cross platform framework :)
exactly.
buzzr

Post by buzzr »

garyb wrote:
wouterz wrote:But that's still a good sign because Juce is a cross platform framework :)
So does this mean Scope 6 will be OSX bound?
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I would say the long term goal, is yes for both/either OSX and Linux. The older platform far outdated the rise to success that Mac OSX had, and keeping up with that platform outpaced their resources. I would also say that Open Scope is a recognition by S|C that they are a small company, and servicing requests by users, supporting over decade old hardware, and development to further the platform simultaneously is not a conceivable option given the maintenance the current platform requires. It seems that S|C will focus themselves as the core of the hardware platform, and open things up for others to develop as they see fit for their own needs. In my mind, it's really a brilliant move.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

As I read on the Juce site...

Audio:

Audio driver classes provide an abstract audio device layer, which transparently supports ASIO, WASAPI, DirectSound, CoreAudio, iPhone Audio, ALSA, JACK and Android devices.

Midi:

Midi input and output support, including support for creating virtual midi devices on Mac and Linux.

Greg
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

jksuperstar wrote:I would say the long term goal, is yes for both/either OSX and Linux. The older platform far outdated the rise to success that Mac OSX had, and keeping up with that platform outpaced their resources. I would also say that Open Scope is a recognition by S|C that they are a small company, and servicing requests by users, supporting over decade old hardware, and development to further the platform simultaneously is not a conceivable option given the maintenance the current platform requires. It seems that S|C will focus themselves as the core of the hardware platform, and open things up for others to develop as they see fit for their own needs. In my mind, it's really a brilliant move.
+1