My new Xite-1 does not respond!

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

Enrada

My new Xite-1 does not respond!

Post by Enrada »

Hello there,

I recently bought an Xite-1 for my desktop, but unfortunately I failed to get any connection after installing the Xite-1 software. When trying to start the Xite-1 system, I got the following messages:

"Internal error: Cannot create satellite connection module SAT36xT3A"
"Installation error: Cannot get board handle. ScopeXite (brd0) not installed or already in use. Please check installation and configuration"
"Assertion failed: ,\sharc.cpp (515): code_Mem [s] == NULL || code_mem [s]->next == code_mem"
"Assertion failed: .\memory.cpp (256): p->usage >= 0 && p->len > 0"
"Cannot start SCOPE: Could not gain access to the SCOPE hardware!"

I tried to install the Xite-1 under WinXP 32 bit first, then with Windows 7 64 bit (brand new installation on a formated HDD with nothing other software / driver devices installed).

The first few times, I made the installation by using the original Disks which have been delivered with the hardware.
Later, I also tried to install the 64 bit version again with the download installer (all the installers have the same and latest release).
I also tried to switch the pcie card between both free pcie slots (one was unused before, the other one is normally used by an UAD-2 Quad without any problems), but this makes no difference.

I still have got in contact with the official support, but unfortunately, they seem not to know how they can help me, I only got the "usual standard tips for "stupid" users", I tried them all (afaik) but none of this helps.

I ask them if it could be a hardware defect and if it would be possible to send the hardware to their manufacture to make another hardware diagnosis for finding an explanation, repair the unit, send another unit back, etc.

Calling my dealer several times, the last advise from their side was to retour the Xite-1 because they also were not able to get a sufficient information from the support, the support seems to be unreliable, there have been a lot percentage of other users with usage problems before and so on ... I feel very unlucky do to so, because I will love to use my scope plugins with the XITE-1 and I hope there will be another solution yet...

Has anybody here made similar experiences?
Does anyone know the error messages above and knows why this errors occur?
Has anybody a hint, tip or a knowledge if this could be a problem due to usage error which I can prevent?

Thanks a lot for any reply which can help to solve my problem!
garyb

Re: My new Xite-1 does not respond!

Post by garyb »

who is your dealer?

i may kick their lazy butts. i often answer support emails and i am not unreliable.

there are very few problems, but occasionally they happen.

do you have an XITE-1 or an XITE-D?

if it's a D you need the sat modules. i've attached them. you can unzip and then put the files in Scope\app\dsp

this should fix the problem. if you have further issues let me know.
Attachments
SAT36xT3.zip
(5.68 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
dante

Post by dante »

Are you starting the XITE before starting the computer ?

I've had the 'Could not gain access to the SCOPE hardware!' part of the error when using the Express connection to a laptop.

But I know the XITE is not the problem because it works fine on my desktop.

So if you have access to another computer, and it fails on that as well, you could start to suspect something may be wrong with the XITE or the install CD's that came with it (although the fact you tried the download installer possibly eliminates this possibility).

But if it works on another computer, may be a fault on your first computer.
dawman

Post by dawman »

:lol:

I won't buy Scope from Soniccore, but I will buy from GaryB.
Enrada

Post by Enrada »

Hello to all,

thanks for your quick replies!

My hardware is a "big" Xite-1, not the Xite-1 D.

I still got the hint with the additional SAT module required from the official support, but as far as I understood the system, there is no way to solve my connection problem with the "big" Xite-1 using this file... or can I do something else?

The error messages I posted are the ones I got when I turn the Xite-1 on before I start my computer.

If I restart the Xite-1 while the computer runs or start it after the computer, I got another error message:

"Hardware version 30 detected. This hardware requires a software update. Please consult the installation guide"

My problem is, that I actually need to test the big Xite-1, because I only need this for additional 96k Operation of certain Synths, I still have two old PCI cards with an overall 18 DSP's, which is enough for my needs when using the scope devices in 44.1 khz.
I heard it would be possible to use Xite-1 and old Scope in only one computer simultanously, and this is exactly what I planned to do.
Or at least, If need another computer for my task, I may can use a laptop and not a second deskop pc.
Otherwise, I MUST use pc desktop pc's to run two scope platforms, one for my DAW running in 44,1khz with a lot of ADAT Converters installed and another one to feed the system with synths operating at 96khz.

Now my testing period is almost over and I have not been able to make the system even running in any way :/.

If I send my unit back for diagnosis via the dealer to the sonic core manufacture and get the unit back from sonic core via the dealer again, this would take a lot of time and this would expire the 30-day-payback period.
Also there is the case, that my pc and not the Xite-1 causes the problem (whyever, I do not know), and if the Xite-1 Rack AND PCIe card are ok by labor diagnosis from sonic core, my dealer would not be pleased when I asked him for a longer payback period after I made so much stress for him....

What I really would need, is the possibility to built my Xite-1 in one or two another desktop pc's to find out if the error is dependant to my pc or not, then I could make better decisions what to do.

Unfortunalety, nobody I know does use a desktop pc with pcie-slots.

In the moment, my only chance is to order an express card interface and make the function test with my laptop.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Yes, checking the installation in another computer would be the obvious option if you can do it.

Some simple things to check (and I presume these are no issue in your case).
Is something in the BIOS locking out the PCIe slot? Is it shared?

To run PCI and PCIe / Xite on one computer, the latest version of Scope needs to be installed in it's OWN folder directory, and the two installations (PCI / PCIe) need to have their own folders. Merging or overwriting the two installations will not work (for many obvious reasons).

You SHOULD eventually be able to run two installations in parallel. You can try interlinking them via ADAT and/or analog and it SHOULD work (I've done it on my older WinXP desktop).

But currently finding a cheap laptop with PCIe for Xite to run your synths is the ultimate setup IMO.

Otherwise Gary should be able to get you sorted out :wink:

Greg
dawman

Post by dawman »

The only time I saw such messages is when I was tired of waiting for the Scope logo to appear and kept clicking on the shortcut....
Perhaps a single click, then count to 30.......
Just a thought..
Enrada

Post by Enrada »

I got the Express Card today, installed it within 20 minutes... - and the result was exactly the same as with my desktop. :(

I will call my dealer tomorrow to find a solution... it must be possible to re-test, repair or change the unit (and most important: to find out if there is any unit available being able to run with my computer, and finally to get such a unit) without loosing my ability to test it and to return it in case I would not the wished performance in 96k mode, isn't!? :-?

Otherwise, I will have to return the unit tomorrow, got my money back and I may will try to get another unit from another german online store, but unfortunately, they currently sell the Xite-1 only for 300 Euro oncost...
garyb

Post by garyb »

it would be unusual to have a bad unit out of the box. they are tested carefully before leaving S|C, but hey, stuff happens.

at any rate, your dealer should exchange it for you and you should get another 30 days.

are you positive that the driver installed?
where are you located?
Enrada

Post by Enrada »

I am in Frankfurt / Main.

just at this critical moment, I do not have an internet connection in my flat since one week, so I have a certain time lag in communication which is really important now... I am sitting in an dirty internet cafe right now.
Tomorrow, I will have a call to the music store again.
After that, I may will buy a mobile surfstick to definitely solve this communication problem...
Enrada

Post by Enrada »

Update:

After the Xite-1 does work neighter with my desktop nor with my laptop, I returned it to the dealer.
Hence they do not want to continue the business with the Xite products, I ordered a second unit from another dealer, connected it to my Laptop, started the software already installed from the previous unit - and it immediately works! :)

I do not have tested it my desktop yet, am sure that should not be a problem.

This means, the first unit really seems to be defect at the delivery.

Finally I have got a working solution and can make my tests :)
garyb

Post by garyb »

wow, what a terrible dealer!

well, i'm glad that everything is working as it should now.
dante

Post by dante »

Thats great news Enrada. Happy for you. :)

The first dealer sounds like they are blowing hot air. If they stopped dealership with every manufacturer that supplied a faulty unit (which may have been damaged in transit anyway, nothing to do with manufacturing process), they would soon be out of business totally.