Xite 1 matured ?

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

ChrisWerner

Xite 1 matured ?

Post by ChrisWerner »

HI, I am near to decide to jump on the Xite1 train. I want to run all my mix and mastering on Scope and use modular power again without fiddeling around with the old PCI probs. So an Xite1 will be the next logical step for me.
Few questions, are there any problems currently or has it matured all fine so far? Will Xite1 work fine with a A16? What PCI express slot I need for connection the Xite1 ? What prices are actual, I see around 3000 EUR is possible.

AMD Phenom II X6 1075 T 3GHz, 4GB mem, ASUSM4A88TD-V EVO, win7 x64

optional thought: did it come with a SDK, what to do to get a SDK ?
cheers and thanks
dante

Re: Xite 1 matured ?

Post by dante »

No SDK, and thats probably one of the things outstanding that predicates 'maturity' - at least from a 3rd party device standpoint.

I bought the XITE-1D and am pleased with it. It's more bang for buck than what I had with PCI cards, and I still have the cards for backup / second machine one day.

I installed the card in a PCI Express x 1 slot (a small slot). Installation was a breeze really and I kept the SCOPE PCI folder to copy any stray dev's that I needed to copy to SCOPE XITE folder later on.

And I was impressed with the build quality, sockets etc.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Been running XIte for over 1 1/2 years now with no issues, especially since the DSP distribution has been optimized for Scope 'native' devices.
ModIV and Flexor running fine here. I just ran a project yesterday that has one Flexor, 2 ModIV's, and one ModIII running, and had a lot of fun.
Bowen synths are not yet optimized (but was told at NAMM that they are working on it).
SDK is looming it's release (according to recent emails from 'the gents').

My system specs are in my signature.

Have fun,

Greg
dawman

Post by dawman »

Modular II/III/IV work really well using all modules of yore, and the latest modules.
If you have Mod IV and noticed the Tape Delay won't let you load a bunch of them, you'll need the little update attached here. Just in case, save your old sys. and dev. Never hurts.
Tape sys.zip
Flexor modules work for me but my needs are different, so maybe Stardust can point out which modules aren't working and we can try contacting S|C as a group of users.
When they are busy a single voice might not have the same impact as a small group, especially with the power of a sale relying on their response.... :wink:

The best thing about Modular and the DSP loading is that each module will remember it's assignments.
This is most helpful as I use 8 x Modular patches. I first load up the STM2448 as it is optimized really well and can be packed with effects. Then load the synths on 7/8/9 and 10 as Ralf suggests. Max out poly until the DSP chip reads 6000. Stop there unless it's critical to have poly above 8 voices.
Now add all of your Modular patches and assign them DSP slots. When you open that project back up everything loads where you want and it's the best way to max out DSP usage.
The mic pre's work so well I run my Analog synths through them as they have the pad that allows me to keep the channels lower. I prefer that sound, and also a Precision Bass '76 sounds really nice in Scope. We don't even use Dynatube although that's on a short list of new toys.
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Thanks mates, specially to Jimmy for sorting me out the DSP joggling.
Some weeks and I will ride the Xite 1 train.

I never worked in XTC mode as I am fine with the classic way, so I don't care much about XTC issues.
I am sure FleXor will be fine with a next update too.

cheers
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

I came over another question I like to ask.
Is S|C still follow the tradition that when you buy the biggest 'card' you get ALL devices.

In detail, is the six string, prodessy, pro tone, profit and most important Modular IV included with a Xite-1 purchase?

Thanks
dante

Post by dante »

Check here :

http://www.hitfoundry.com/issue_09/syn_mast.htm

Select the 'Scope Setup and Synths' tab. I believe this is still the current state of play that you would get all except those 4 that are marked 'optional'. Which means out of the ones you asked about, only profit would be included :(

Anyone let me know if this is not the case, I'll make corrections.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Actually none of the Prodyssey, 6-string, ProTone and Mod IV (obviously) were packed wby creamware with the biggest cards.

But all the plugs that were packed with the biggest card are provided with any Xite (and with Scope 5.1).

So the former mix'n'master and synth'n'sampler packs are included now.

And regarding the Modular, Modular 2 and Mod III are included.
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Thanks for your infos, so I have to order the Mod IV too.

Hmm, if I count correct, I have three times the Mod III now, a single purchase back in the past on Pulsar, 2. w/ Scope 5.1 on the Pulsar, 3. w/ Scope 5.1 on Xite-1.......
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

You just have to buy the upograde to Mod IV from Mod III then:

http://www.sonic-core.net/shop/product_ ... grade.html
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Hi Dante, I can confirm that your list is actual. :( :) :( Ok, another modular upgrade to do, thanks HUROLURA.
katano

Post by katano »

but at least you get a special deal for xite-1 with the sdk, don't you... hope you didn't miss to order in july... If you did miss it, i'd contact S|C asap...

http://www.sonic-core.net/newsletter/sdk/sdk-m1-de.html
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Yes, I could benefit from the very nice offer with a little help from Planet Z, so the upgrade to Mod IV won't hurt me.
But maybe it is time to move the Modular version history one version up, drop Mod2 and 'replace' Mod 3 with 4 in any bundle.