XTC or ReaInserts

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

tjsound

Re: XTC or ReaInserts

Post by tjsound »

not always. I have a strong program with exact time, dancers, and synchronized video. live synthesizers, special effects, live vocals. in the future, synchronized lighting effects and fireworks. Here not needed Ableton with looping, clip improvisation, session view etc.
Reaper is able to quickly edit and display of various video in a single timeline on full screen. It's wonderful.
XITE-1, Reaperx64...
spacef

Post by spacef »

the show description sounds cool :-)
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

tjsound wrote:not always. I have a strong program with exact time, dancers, and synchronized video. live synthesizers, special effects, live vocals. in the future, synchronized lighting effects and fireworks. Here not needed Ableton with looping, clip improvisation, session view etc.
Reaper is able to quickly edit and display of various video in a single timeline on full screen. It's wonderful.
Yeah, I woulda much preferred using Samplitude for our live show installation last year - with 3-D visuals, live interactive media, video, laser control, DMX lighting, etc. but NOOOOO.... the producer HAD to request we use Live because that's what HIS side of the show was already built in.

Greg
dawman

Post by dawman »

Reaper can also create as many seperate IEM tracks as I want with control over level and FX and then these are put into a collapsable track folder.
And as tjsound noted, I can even monitor a live video feed simulatanoeusly with assigned frame rates, SMPTE, etc.
I could buy a large screen but I don't even need that.
Every single control section can have collapsible track folders to keep things organized.
I am starting to think that these guys took the best ideas from every other DAW out there and came up with this. I like it so much if it works out I will actually pay the commercial fee since I am making money off of it.
Whats nice is it cost me only 50 bucks a few years ago, and I was asked to pay for the license once I started profiting...... I like these guys.

More Later.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Reaper can also create as many seperate IEM tracks as I want with control over level and FX and then these are put into a collapsable track folder.
And as tjsound noted, I can even monitor a live video feed simulatanoeusly with assigned frame rates, SMPTE, etc.
I could buy a large screen but I don't even need that.
Every single control section can have collapsible track folders to keep things organized.
I am starting to think that these guys took the best ideas from every other DAW out there and came up with this. I like it so much if it works out I will actually pay the commercial fee since I am making money off of it.
Whats nice is it cost me only 50 bucks a few years ago, and I was asked to pay for the license once I started profiting...... I like these guys.

More Later.
Yes, those California surfer dudes are in the great position of being able to emulate/copy/mimic all the other DAWs out there - some of which already do what is being requested or scripted for Reaper. :) Even Samplitude's $50 Music Studio does everything Reaper does, and it's been out for years.

It's relative to whether or not the 'kids' like the quasi-open source feel or not.

If it works, it works.

Greg
dawman

Post by dawman »

True..
Let the elites use Cubase and Samplitude.
Reaper is for peasants who accept the scraps from the Showrooms and Lounges..
Did I mention that it has bright colors too... :lol:
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:True..
Let the elites use Cubase and Samplitude.
Reaper is for peasants who accept the scraps from the Showrooms and Lounges..
Did I mention that it has bright colors too... :lol:
It needs more blinky lights though. :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Actually expanding the realtime waveforms as they playback looks cool.
So when little babettes come to watch this " magical " soundman perform he can expand the view and pretend to ba all scientific and shit....
FOH guys need trim too.